• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2011 Official Game

I would like 434 teams....can we please have 434 teams ?

Did you use that number as it divides into your lucky number 7 or was it coincidence? Obviously I worked it out in my head because I am that damn amazing. I didn't use a calculator because I'm that bored at work....

Did you use that number as it divides into your lucky number 7 or was it coincidence? Obviously I worked it out in my head because I am that damn amazing. I didn't use a calculator because I'm that bored at work....

Work out? You'd know just by looking!

I'm going to go all W.B yeats on this ****....

multiply any number by 9 eg. 7 X 9 = 63 ....add 6 + 3 you get nine ...amazing isn't it ....

No club teams?! That's very very poor when you consider games like Fifa where you can play as every playable team under the sun! Might just wait till after the World Cup and buy it second hand as the price will plummet by Christmas

if it only has 20 teams i will wait too, no longevity for the game, very dissapointed!

I would like 434 teams....can we please have 434 teams ?
make that 500, i dont care bout great graphi cs just want updated stats and competitions,

pretty dissapointed, i would have been happy with a game similar to 2008 but with updated rosters and competitions, graphics arnt everything if you dong have longevity of gameplay, will be interested to see previews of this game, am hoping this is just a world cup release with the real game to follow next year as rumoured

Last edited by a moderator:
if this is it.I will hang myself.Rugby challenge looking better already.

For all those who dispute the longeivty of a game...you are missing out a key component....ONLINE.

All the COD games have a short story...people finish it in less than a week. Yet all the COD games are still being played even after the next installment comes out. Quite simply....ONLINE is what makes a game last longer...great online play is what people want.

There has NEVER been an EA online union game......ever. Yet still a lot of people bought and played their games. So you can imagine how hardout online is gonna be for this game.It will be like releasing a beast.

Those who have played the Fifa series would tell you....if you decide to WAIT until an online game becomes cheaper to buy....you will always be behind the play and it is very difficult to catch up to the top levels. To be an online god you basically have to get the game before release day and play like a nut for the first 3 weeks EVERY DAY, trying to learn the ropes whilst clambering for the early spots on the leaderboards. Then if you manage to get in to the top 100 you have to keep playing everyday and winning. You cannot afford to lose to any low ranked opponents.

Those who wait till Christmas to get the game will be resigned to being a casual online gamer....the types who go on forums and boast about how good they are even though they are ranked online outside the top 100,000.

Playing a millions hours offline against the computer doesn't cut it. Even playing a million hours offline against a friend doesn't mean you will succeed online. The game online is often slower due to lag and you have to play very differently because of your ping.

For all those who dispute the longeivty of a game...you are missing out a key component....ONLINE.

All the COD games have a short story...people finish it in less than a week. Yet all the COD games are still being played even after the next installment comes out. Quite simply....ONLINE is what makes a game last longer...great online play is what people want.

There has NEVER been an EA online union game......ever. Yet still a lot of people bought and played their games. So you can imagine how hardout online is gonna be for this game.It will be like releasing a beast.

Those who have played the Fifa series would tell you....if you decide to WAIT until an online game becomes cheaper to buy....you will always be behind the play and it is very difficult to catch up to the top levels. To be an online god you basically have to get the game before release day and play like a nut for the first 3 weeks EVERY DAY, trying to learn the ropes whilst clambering for the early spots on the leaderboards. Then if you manage to get in to the top 100 you have to keep playing everyday and winning. You cannot afford to lose to any low ranked opponents.

Those who wait till Christmas to get the game will be resigned to being a casual online gamer....the types who go on forums and boast about how good they are even though they are ranked online outside the top 100,000.

Playing a millions hours offline against the computer doesn't cut it. Even playing a million hours offline against a friend doesn't mean you will succeed online. The game online is often slower due to lag and you have to play very differently because of your ping.

I agree, and disagree. RWC I think will have as much longevity as any other sports game, and the online feature will definitely extend it. Im keen to show some of my friends back over in Aus how rugby is played :p I think though that to be a great online competitor, you dont have to necessarily start straight away. I waited months coz I was moving countries, before I played CoD and I consider myself pretty good, not gonna be top 100 any time soon but what are ya gonna do :p, any who were getting abit off topic but yer longevity, for me atleast, shouldn't be a problem.

Online play doesn't make a game last longer, look at GTA IV it has online play but it's just a gimmic, who's to say RWC won't have a halfarsed online mode, the truth is we won't know till it's out.

The best way to give sports game longevity is by having a good franchise/manager mode... I'm not really into online gaming, although when these games come out that will probably change :D

The best way to give sports game longevity is by having a good franchise/manager mode... I'm not really into online gaming, although when these games come out that will probably change :D

i wasnt until my friend ask me to vs him in CoD online, I think it's more of a whichever style suits you type thing, coz i will play the crap outta this and Rug Chug until they crash or the new one comes out, not just because they're rugby games but hopefully because they offer a good online. In my opinion, and no1 burn me for this, I think if you're going for Franchise mode, go for Rug Chug, goin for graphics and online, go for RWC. But we wont know until they come out soo

Do you think the PS3 and Xbox 360 players servers will be compatible with each other? So that we can play matches between us?

sorry for english

Online will be a massive part of the game(s) this year hopefully. If anyone is interest in forming an online League here on TRF please come over and look at my thread I created here.

Once the games are out in a few months time the idea is (if there is enough interest) to have a live league system here on the forum between the members. Check out the thread for more info.

Agree...we need a manager mode for this game.