• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2011 Official Game

I would personally be happy with say the top 5 club teams from the big rugby country's just to give quick play games more fun then having to use the same teams every time. Maybe put this idea through to them, I think this would be a good meeting point for all parties.

fml, if sidhe have the all blacks licenced then hb wont even have the host nation licenced nevermind the huge lack of game modes they are going to have compared to rugby challenge

I am getting absolutely sick to DEATH of seeing the word "censorship."

There is NOTHING of the sort going on on TRF. There never has been and there never will be. Admins, moderators, owners or whoever are expressing their personal opinions. Do not try and turn that into "censorship" if their opinions come down on the other side of the fence to yours.

Apologies, censorship was incorrect. My issue wasn't other people opinions, as much as what is happening above where I/we get rounded on by the same TRF crew every time I make a post.

Look at the post history of prenially negative fanboys (such as right above mo121) threatening constant derailment when there is no EA forum for them to vent their pent up illiterate opinions on.

Take it as a compliment people see your posts as something worth discussing. Some people don't even use basic literacy in their posts, let along reasoned (if in some opinions flawed! :p ) logic!

That's all well and good, yet I have seen people personally attacked for being on the wrong side of the debate. Can we not discuss our personally feelings of the new game info like civilised human beings, I mean come on, I'm 16 years old and yet some peoples reactions to comments have seemed immature even to me.

Look at the post history of prenially negative fanboys (such as right above mo121) threatening constant derailment when there is no EA forum for them to vent their pent up illiterate opinions on.

Take it as a compliment people see your posts as something worth discussing. Some people don't even use basic literacy in their posts, let along reasoned (if in some opinions flawed! :p ) logic!

Appreciate the point mate, I'm worried I probably type out as many typo's and spag errors as the rest, but I always notice it in other people's posts but not my own!

To be honest I do feel like I've probably been a bit negative about the game, and am probably going to leave off much more judgement until the big day, when I imagine I will only be full of praise (add winkey smiley here)

it does say there will be 20 teams - HOWEVER it does not say there won't be any more. the 20 teams are the main focus of the game - perhaps they wanted to focus on this in their release. think about it - why would you give a first conference confirming the release and not focus on what the game is going to achieve, main focus etc. THERE WOULD BE NO POINT OF SAYING ANYTHING ELSE IN THE FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT. everyone just needs to calm down and be patient. if you can't be patient, go over to sidhe

Last edited:
I think it's about time we called in an official speculation expert to speculate on what the game will and won't contain, that way we can cut down on the amount of posts saying the exact same thing over and over :p

I think it's about time we called in an official speculation expert to speculate on what the game will and won't contain, that way we can cut down on the amount of posts saying the exact same thing over and over :p

That's more like it!

All this speculation can be stopped if we could get some confirmation from HB...eg. Only the 20 teams or if there is more, a simple there will be more, will do.

If only 20 teams we should expect brilliantly accurate/Realistic gameplay, Graphics, etc. If not it could turn out to be a fail. But i am confident it will have great gameplay and awesome graphics; was just hoping for maybe a Currie Cup or Superrugby added to the mix too...could still happen? Hoping, Will see what happens.

Last edited:
Would be a bit gutted if there are no clubs, the world cup can only last so long. Also be stink if you can only play in NZ stadiums. Hoping there will be a bit more to this game but will have to wait and see.

I am getting absolutely sick to DEATH of seeing the word "censorship."

There is NOTHING of the sort going on on TRF. There never has been and there never will be. Admins, moderators, owners or whoever are expressing their personal opinions. Do not try and turn that into "censorship" if their opinions come down on the other side of the fence to yours.

A top guy and one of the least one-side/biased guys you can get. Dan let's people have their debates, so speak individuals, don't bring the whole Admin/Mod team into petty arguments.

I really do not understand all the hate for this. If you think about it, if it wasn't for HB, we would of had Rugby WC and Rugby 2006 as the only Rugby Union games in the last decade. HB tried to annualise the games which didn't work. They now got off their own backsides and really worked to get a new publisher outside of EA and be the first next gen Rugby Union game. Now we have Sidhe nipping at their hills but about a year after HB announced their ***le.

If you cast your minds back to FIFA 07, it was terrible on the 360, good graphics, but less teams and less features. Just look at the reviews on Amazon, if a massively successful franchise such as FIFA took 2-3 releases before the game became good on next gen, how do little old HB have a chance?

20 teams is a great place to start, if the game is fun, I'm fine with playing with the top teams of the world, against the other top teams of the world. The amount of time I put into playing Rugby 06 is probably second to none on my 360, and I only ever play as England doing 6 nations and 10 nations and occasionally doing the Lions tour. The game is fun and thats what makes it great

I really do not understand all the hate for this. If you think about it, if it wasn't for HB, we would of had Rugby WC and Rugby 2006 as the only Rugby Union games in the last decade. HB tried to annualise the games which didn't work. They now got off their own backsides and really worked to get a new publisher outside of EA and be the first next gen Rugby Union game. Now we have Sidhe nipping at their hills but about a year after HB announced their ***le.

If you cast your minds back to FIFA 07, it was terrible on the 360, good graphics, but less teams and less features. Just look at the reviews on Amazon, if a massively successful franchise such as FIFA took 2-3 releases before the game became good on next gen, how do little old HB have a chance?

20 teams is a great place to start, if the game is fun, I'm fine with playing with the top teams of the world, against the other top teams of the world. The amount of time I put into playing Rugby 06 is probably second to none on my 360, and I only ever play as England doing 6 nations and 10 nations and occasionally doing the Lions tour. The game is fun and thats what makes it great
Well said that man! :D

I don't care if we have 20 teams or 434 teams - it doesn't affect how much i will enjoy the game. As long as I can create my own tournament I am an extremely happy fan!

HB AND 505 will definitely produce a far better rugby experience in aspects of Visual quality and Gameplay on XBOX 360 and Ps3 than what SIDHE will do...last year i already decided that my money will be going to HB's game and not Sidhe...don't even think Rugby Challenge will even end up in SA; they won't get many sales is what i predict. HB Studios and 505 GAMES Rock!!! Thanks for bringing us an awesome Rugby game on xbox 360 and PS3...been praying for this day since i bought my 360. Really Keen to get my hands on this game.

Just please make it difficult to beat quality sides and actually have to think about what to do next...offline play difficulty was way way too easy in 08' on Ps2. In Summary a lot better "AI", Please.

Last edited: