• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2011 Official Game

Glad to get some more info on this game.

This has probably already been mentioned, but how can a game be the official world cup game and not have two of the biggest teams? If I was a kiwi
who was only semi into rugby but got into it at world cup time and saw the 'offical game' in the shop and made an impulse buy I would be gobsmacked to find the All Blacks absent and would be promptly returning it to the store........ and I know that we still need more info on this, but I'm just sayin'.

The fact that there is only a world cup could be very bad for game longevity, but it will be fine if these 3 things are in:

1. Awsome gameplay.
2. The option to play WC 2011 or choose random pools (06 had this, and 08 removed it right? )
3. The abilty to select a a squad and edit players.

Also, if gameplay is awsome then we can have alot of TRF tournys etc and that will be awsome.

everyone saying that there will be no all blacks or wallabies, but what happens with football games like fifa or pes, were both got a lot of licenses

everyone saying that there will be no all blacks or wallabies, but what happens with football games like fifa or pes, were both got a lot of licenses

Yes, we all know that many times over. The confusion is because Mario from Sidhe has said that his understanding is that there is absolutely NO way HB can have New Zealand and Australia in this game as Sidhe have EXCLUSIVE rights to them being in their game and theirs alone.

He's said it so clearly, that until we hear from HB (who may of course know differently - who are we as fans to say), it's an unknown.

well, they got super rugby and ITM cup, HB should start hurrying up with licenses!!

So HB has exclusive World Cup license and Sidhe have exclusive All Blacks license.
Based on the information we have been given, I am assuming that the ABs won't be in HBs game official and the same goes for the world cup being in Sidhe officially.
The NZRU would most probably want to know why their team isn't part of the official world cup game especially when the world cup is being hosted by NZ.

So HB has exclusive World Cup license and Sidhe have exclusive All Blacks license.
Based on the information we have been given, I am assuming that the ABs won't be in HBs game official and the same goes for the world cup being in Sidhe officially.
The NZRU would most probably want to know why their team isn't part of the official world cup game especially when the world cup is being hosted by NZ.

It hasn't been confirmed that the RWC license is exclusive yet...

"Rugby World Cup Limited has today announced the appointment of HB Studios and 505 GAMES as Official Licensee to exclusively produce RUGBY WORLD CUP 2011, the official game of this year's Tournament in New Zealand."

Mentioned exclusively there. Even though its not confirmed, I highly doubt Sidhe will have RWC officially.

Bro this licensing thing is p***ing me off.. why can't Sidhe stop being a bunch of pricks and be more lenient on the licenses eh?
Just want a decent rugby game, not a rugby 08 v2.0.

Bro this licensing thing is p***ing me off.. why can't Sidhe stop being a bunch of pricks and be more lenient on the licenses eh?
Just want a decent rugby game, not a rugby 08 v2.0.

a. "Sidhe" aren't being anything, because Sidhe has nothing to do with the licenses in Rugby Challenge
b. You have no idea what is going on behind the scenes and who may or may not be the ones being difficult

if hb & 505 have the rights to the rugby world cup they can put all the teams and there players in it.
As much as the other game has the rights to and all blacks they dont have the rights to the rugby world cup.
The irb runs the world cup and have the rights to all the teams and players in it and they have given that to hb & 505

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/11728/rugby-world-cup-2011-announced

http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/games/4859610/Rugby-World-Cup-2011-announced

Well if thats true than I am happy! Just won't be a world cup with Brotchy McCraw and Denzel Cramer

if hb & 505 have the rights to the rugby world cup they can put all the teams and there players in it.
As much as the other game has the rights to and all blacks they dont have the rights to the rugby world cup.
The irb runs the world cup and have the rights to all the teams and players in it and they have given that to hb & 505

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/11728/rugby-world-cup-2011-announced

http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/games/4859610/Rugby-World-Cup-2011-announced

I hope that there is alot more to this game than simply the World Cup... I'm not the biggest online gamer so this game would have very little replayability if this is the case.

???Captain your Country???

Not really. Hb teaming up with 505 was found on another site before TRF.

Yes really. All OFFICIAL announcements will be published on TRF before any other sources. Anything found elsewhere is speculative hear-say.

Ok so honestly I am very disappointed with this new info, I have been waiting for this game ever since it was first announced. As new pieces of info were released about the game so I learnt each time that something else would be missing. Now with the latest news we learn there will be no tournaments besides the world cup and only 20 teams (not even fully licensed) now I'm sorry but no matter how out of this world the game play is, this game will not succeed we have seen this in previous generations, to many corners were cut to save time and money. Now I pray you prove me wrong but I am doubtful.

Last edited:
what a MASSIVE Disappointment. It promised everything, but in reality looks like delivering 20 teams and one tournament. People may compare it to FIFA World Cup, however FIFA is a 'road to the World Cup' delivering full qualification tournaments for all teams. This is only 20

Agreed

I hope that there is alot more to this game than simply the World Cup... I'm not the biggest online gamer so this game would have very little replayability if this is the case.

???Captain your Country???

Agree, Offline is the true experience, guys only start going online when the game content gets boring. C'mon HB and 505, give maybe a bit more than just the World Cup, i will take a Currie Cup!! But, i am from SA, what else would you expect...LOL.

Guys loved 08' in SA; but with PC guys everyone copied it...huge loss of money there...great reason why to move up to 360 and Ps3; plus the experience of the top consoles will be a huge load better in terms of graphics, realism and general performance. Finally on 360...been waiting for this for about 4 years.