• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2006

Originally posted by loratadine@Dec 5 2005, 07:28 PM
o0o yeah and i supose that gimp from sky's better

biased english pri*k
<

I didn't say anyone like Stuart Barnes was any better, I hate him.

I was merely stating that you can't possibly call Davies unbiased when he's the exact opposite.

Need to try reading what's in front of you I think.

Originally posted by Brett@Dec 6 2005, 07:03 AM
can sumbody PLEASE post the "non-uk/french" screens so that the guys that cant see them can see them. PLEASE. Be kind-hearted
No-one can see them?

Originally posted by loratadine@Dec 6 2005, 06:50 AM
jd's great at least he knows how to play rugby well.

he has tremendous knowledge of the game, and have played both codes

barnes is a knob but so is the main one i forgot his name now.
in other words, what you are really saying is...

JD is welsh so he must be good and

BM and Barnes are English so they must be ****

Bill McLaren - God
Brian Moore - Whinging git whos stuck in the 1980's
Stuart Barnes - Fat tosser, **** player, if it's not Bath it's not good enough. Needs a slap.
Jonothan Davies - Smart and Passionate, but far to one-eyed
Miles Harrison - Bill McLaren without the Scotish Accent; Not Quite God
Dewi Morris - Twat

hopefully with this version's editor (if there is one), the options will be better. And i also hope that the created players don't have massive heads like the ones in 05.

i am quietly confident about this game.....

oh, can somebody please say what they think of the commentry selection. i am South African so i only know a couple of overseas commentators. i enjoy listening to Grant Fox on that NZ rugby show but i hate that boring fart Robertson.

I got that too, the massive heads, But I didnt get the giant heads all the time.

Surely they would use pretty much the same player editor/creator from FIFA 06? That has a feature where you can edit any player.
Also, you can actually choose the players size, and have a normal sized head.

yeah i am not a fan of robertson, but also i hate grant fox he is just a p**ck
<

though i also dont like mexted (from 2005) i like the aussie commentators but other than that i have no idea

Dunno, if this has been posted, but:

Rugby 06 now in development
Posted by M @ 4:37 a.m. NZDT

Electronic Arts has announced today that Rugby 06, from the makers of the hit franchises FIFA and NHL, is currently under development at EA Canada and HB Studios for the PlayStation 2, Xbox and PC.

Rugby 06 will challenge gamers to compete in a host of the world's most prestigious rugby competitions including the Six Nations, Lions Tour, Tri Nations, Guinness Premiership and the Super 14.

EA says Rugby 06's gameplay now mirrors the real thing closer than ever before, with new moves such as offload passes, quick lines-out and quick penalties that encourage attacking, momentum-driven rugby. Gamers can also dictate play with their star impact players and can choose from new set plays.

Rugby 06 features TV-style presentation, stadia from all over the world including Twickenham, Lansdowne Road, the Millennium stadium and Murrayfield and commentary from Ian Robertson and Grant Fox.

From xboxgeek website.

Edit: Whoops, so it has....

So far it looks preety tight, hopefully the Impact Player feature is works like it does on NCAA Football 06. Hopefully the new World League has different ways to earn points (e.g get 4 points if you steal 8 line outs)... or even better REAL MONEY.

Grant Fox isnt that bad a commentator, I remember him doing the 2003 RWC on TV One and he wasnt that bad... as long as its not Keith Quinn i'm happy.

Dont see why they cant include the NPC, who cares about the Guiness Premiership, just made up of our Grandpas and fringe players who go over and carve up.

Finally it looks like we get punished for late/illegal tackles which is good... this could surprise all those anti-EA communists (*cough*SANZAR*cough*)

I'd just like to see more penalties. In EVERY rugby game I have ever played this has been a problem - from what I've heard of RC2006 this doesn't seem to be fixed there either...hopefully rugby 06 will have a far greater number of penalties.

a decent carrer/franchise mode is what would keep me happy. rippers idea is a good one. like in the nfl games etc, when your [5/8] makes a big punt, you get kick points added on. etc. something crossed between fifa and madden...

Originally posted by Ripper@Dec 8 2005, 02:26 PM
as long as its not Keith Quinn i'm happy.
wut u mean as long as it's not Keith Quinn? he's the man! i reckon he's one of the most smartest commentators out!! he's right up there with that JLR commentator in my point of view.

one thing i hope locksley can clear up on his next visit was wether the flyhalf ran on to the ball

wouldnt it be great if pinetree was comentating

in a slured voice "aah get that makeup wearing sissy off the feild. put some real men on the park. get back up you pansy! its only a broken arm! when i was playing we use to play with severed limbs..."

Does anybody know if '06 has online play?

I don't think it will, but don't know for sure.

Latest posts