• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

reports coming out that Bowe is out of the tour

Damm he was def test winger, thought Cuthbert looked slow today. wonder who will replace him (Visser perhaps)

Confirmed according to sky I don't know what to do Healy and now Bowe with Kearney looking likely to go. I don't think I could recover from another blow.

Who'll be called up Zebo?

My guess is Visser, though I wouldn't rule out Foden getting the call with Kearney still crocked.

This is a massive blow, though - him and North would've made a quality test partnership.

Hopefully Maitland starts showing this form that Kiwis go on about.

noooooooooooooooooo.....poooor guy, this is just plain ridiculous for the Lions and Ireland in particular.
Very sorry. Didn't even get to taste any Wallaby yet these two....very sorry...

Unfortunate for Bowe and, unfortunately for the Lions, I believe it will be doubtless be Visser although Zebo/Wade should be the main choices but they are, perhaps, too much of a loose cannon for Gatland and not big enough for him either. The latter also rules our Foden and, on that basis also, cannot think there is anyone else that should go.................

Apparently Tuilagi's injury isn't anything major and is already improving.
Just a "stinger" which, after reading Wilko's biography, and horrible but short term.

My guess is Visser, though I wouldn't rule out Foden getting the call with Kearney still crocked.

This is a massive blow, though - him and North would've made a quality test partnership.

Hopefully Maitland starts showing this form that Kiwis go on about.

I really hope not. Don't think Visser would add anything. Anyway I think Gatland mentioned Zebo a few times leading up to the squad announcement and after saying he was one of the unlucky ones.

EDIT: Apparently there's doubt over Sexton's hamstring.

UlsterRugbySP@UlsterRugbySP<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">1h</small>
#TrimblefortheLions

Last edited:
Apparently there's doubt over Sexton's hamstring.

UlsterRugbySP@UlsterRugbySP<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">1h</small>
#TrimblefortheLions

That would be the biggest blow of all as there is no back up to Sexton.

Farrell is just not up to it in either skill levels, experience, or temperament.

A loss of JS would give the Aussies just the boost they would need to assist them getting over their loss of players......

Awww...I was just starting to take note of this guy. Hope it's not too serious.

das

What would we even do if Sexton was out?

I mean, Farrell apparently had a decent game, but even when he's 100% on form he's not on Sexton's level, though no-one in B&I is.
I know this is encroaching on the territory of the "When is Johnny getting called up" thread, but who would be called up in Sexton's place?
Madigan? Biggard? Flood? Duct tape all there together?
.....Burns? :p

I'd expect Visser to get the call... Anyone think Gatland might consider Tuilangi on the wing for the tests? Would then allow us to play Roberts and BOD in the centres and then a pair of large "X-factor" wings with Tuilangi and North?

What would we even do if Sexton was out?

I mean, Farrell apparently had a decent game, but even when he's 100% on form he's not on Sexton's level, though no-one in B&I is.
I know this is encroaching on the territory of the "When is Johnny getting called up" thread, but who would be called up in Sexton's place?
Madigan? Biggard? Flood? Duct tape all there together?
.....Burns? :p

I'm pretty sure we'd just sneak away in the middle of the night, never to return.

Anyone think Gatland might consider Tuilangi on the wing for the tests? Would then allow us to play Roberts and BOD in the centres and then a pair of large "X-factor" wings with Tuilangi and North?

Good call......I would take that over having Cuthbert on the field after today..............