• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Reds v British and Irish Lions (08/06/13)

You might need to re-watch the game BG8. Warburton did a hell of a lot of work in that match. He was everywhere around the pitch, both in defence, at the ruck, where he was first Lion there most of the time to clear out or challenge for the ball, and in attack, linking the play. I sometimes think that unless he's making 5 turnovers a game, people think he's having a bad game.

A little like the criticisms of Heaslip in that way, the hard work sometimes goes unnoticed. I've probably been guilty of being overly critical of Heaslip in the recent past as well, so I'm not having a proper dig here, but I thought Warburton today was better than average.

I dunno. I was one of the ones who thought that his performances in the 6N were better than what people were making out but I feel while he did plenty of work it wasn't overall very effective. I'll be rewatching the match anyway and maybe I'll change my tune but at the moment that's my stance.

Heaslip for me is someone who has been effective in the load of work he's done.

You might need to re-watch the game BG8. Warburton did a hell of a lot of work in that match. He was everywhere around the pitch, both in defence, at the ruck, where he was first Lion there most of the time to clear out or challenge for the ball, and in attack, linking the play. I sometimes think that unless he's making 5 turnovers a game, people think he's having a bad game.

A little like the criticisms of Heaslip in that way, the hard work sometimes goes unnoticed. I've probably been guilty of being overly critical of Heaslip in the recent past as well, so I'm not having a proper dig here, but I thought Warburton today was better than average.

For a Lions captain above average is just not good enough.

A GIF if Farrell annoying the Queensland hooker by leaning on him, and getting hit off, and then patting his head trying to get a further reaction. It seems that it is a Farrell tactic to without being dirty, make himself as slappable as possible for the opposition to try and gain indiscipline from them. I bet anything that if he ever faces the Scarlets he and Liam Williams will get in a scrap.

diapo6e407923284dc53257f07885fc091781.gif

So any news on Bowe's replacement, I'm guessing Zebo won't be playing for Ireland tonight if he's been called up.

Luke Morahan Scoring The Try Of The Millenia - Kiwis Are Guttered & Envious At Such Attacking Flair

Last edited by a moderator:
Luke Morahan Scoring The Try Of The Millenia - Kiwis Are Guttered & Envious At Such Attacking Flair

Why would the New Zealand Rugby League team be gutted about that?

Just a funny ***le, the editing looks like it was done by a 12 year old Reds fan.

A GIF if Farrell annoying the Queensland hooker by leaning on him, and getting hit off, and then patting his head trying to get a further reaction. It seems that it is a Farrell tactic to without being dirty, make himself as slappable as possible for the opposition to try and gain indiscipline from them. I bet anything that if he ever faces the Scarlets he and Liam Williams will get in a scrap.

diapo6e407923284dc53257f07885fc091781.gif
lol

"On the field Troll". Funny.

I like the way Morahan steps off the left and then swerves up the middle. Thats smooth..:cool:

Warburton wasn't poor but his and any other back rowers problem on this tour is they need to be playing superbly every time they take to the field given the competition!

Right now those in possession should be SOB Tip and Heaslip

I'm not sure it's been talked about and I'm not sure why a bigger deal has not been made of it but I saw Owen Farrell stomp on the head of a Reds player (the one that was stretchered off)

obvious red card, you could say he didn't mean to but the way I looked at it he knew exactly what he was doing and did it in such a way to make it hard to see.

He basically came right in the side and clearly stomped on his head came out the other side and went back around the ruck.

as a completely neutral observer it looked deliberate and malicious and obviously caused a nasty injury. Actually the worst thing I've seen in rugby for a long time.

fairly late in the game maybe between 60-70min mark, the play the Reds player was hurt and eventually stretchered off. The play was reviewed and the commentary did not see it or chose not to mention it blaming the Lions #18 for falling on the player causing the injury. I saw it and through being able to pause and rewind live TV as you can do these days you can see it pretty clearly.

Just had a quick look, and I see what you're saying Larksea. I'm unsure if it was deliberately malicious, and unsure if it caused the injuy, but there didn't seem to be much reason for Farrell basically walking through the ruck, and a player really should know where he's putting his studs in a ruck.

It's in the 69th minute for those looking for it.

Last edited:

Latest posts