• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RBS 6 Nations - France vs Ireland - 04/02/2012, 15:00

Oh yeah, I misunderstood too. I thought you were saying that Earls will be the messiah and would lead Ireland to the win in France.

Also if that comes true you wouldn't be a messiah you'd be a prophet there's a few differences. :p

If Ireland win and Earls is that 13 i want the messiah next to my name if Ireland win and Earls scores a try at 13 i want the prophet next to my name deal ?

Reading some of the crap on this board tonight, Martyr would be more preferable.

Oh yeah, I misunderstood too. I thought you were saying that Earls will be the messiah and would lead Ireland to the win in France.

Also if that comes true you wouldn't be a messiah you'd be a prophet there's a few differences. :p

Exactly the meaning I took out of it to be fair.

Anyway, back to the game. Once again I'm disappointed by the selection. I'm not overly fussed by the centres truth be told, although I think we'd be better with McFadden and O'Malley (in an ideal BOD free world I'd have Fitzgerald and Cave as you all know by this point), but considering our current 13 dilemma and his performance last week, Earls probably deserves a shot. The thought of Rougerie running at him is worrying though, oh and at D'arcy too. I seem to remember him getting flattened against France last year and he hasn't improved since then.

Actually, screw it, I am ****** about the centres.

Ryan's omission at this point is farcical. He's obviously a far better player than O'Callaghan at the moment, as he's shown against both Italy and Wales. I'd have Reddan instead of Murray as well. Sexton operates on quick ball from the base of the ruck and Murray's form has been a bit sketchy as of late. He doesn't draw defenders to him in the same way that Philips does, yet seems content to play the same type of game. I'd possibly argue that Isaac Boss is doing a better job of Murray's game plan at the moment, but that's neither here nor there.

I also want to see Kidney use his bench to greater effect. Cronin, O'Mahony, Reddan and Ryan could all have a massive impact on proceedings when brought on. Give them about 25 minutes as a minimum. Any less and there's little point having them there.

Nah just livening up the forum a bit didnt know boring grandads used it ;).

Considering that you're supposed to be a lawyer, you'd have to be of an age with Mite. I thought we were all 10 year olds anyway?

Considering that you're supposed to be a lawyer, you'd have to be of an age with Mite. I thought we were all 10 year olds anyway?

Im 25 wouldnt go as far as grandad, and i see you rememberd who i am soft spot for the old Luimneach18 ahhhh.

A 25 year old Lawyer? Wow, that is truly impressive. 8 years university education on top of 2 years college, within 9 years of leaving school.

Amazing.

You can become a lawyer in about 6 years here. But that's the quickest to be a qualified solicitor and given the guy has the grammar of a 4 year old there's valid reasons for doubting.

You can become a lawyer in about 6 years here. But that's the quickest to be a qualified solicitor and given the guy has the grammar of a 4 year old there's valid reasons for doubting.

Oh come on, my grammar isn't that bad.

Oh come on, my grammar isn't that bad.

No, but I thought winding you up was a fun game. More difficult than it looks though :(.

Actually, back on topic. Gerry T (on Tuesday) made a fairly good case for starting Murray instead of Reddan. And I'm sure having read all the horrible reviews of his performance that he'll up his game a bit.

Ryan's exclusion is baffling thoigh.

Hopefully they play in the right part of the pitch though and clean up their kicking.

Last edited:
France will obviously start this match as favourites, but I just have a strange feeling that Ireland may pull off the upset.

I think starting Szarzewski over Servat is a mistake for France. They lose any advantage they may have had in the scrum, and while Szarzewski is very quick around the field he is prone to slip off tackles quite frequently (O'Brien, Heaslip, and Ferris will enjoy running at him), and he seemed to get himself penalized a lot last weekend. Overall I think the front rows look pretty even, as do the locks (though I do think Ryan should be starting for Ireland). I expect France will target Ireland at lineout time, so Rory Best will need to be hitting the mark. I like the balance of the French loose-forward trio better this weekend, and though Harinordoquy didn't have a great game last weekend, I always think he looks better when playing at number 8. Again I think the loose-forward trios are pretty evenly matched, so it should be a good battle at the breakdown and in the loose.

I do think France have the edge in the halves - I really rate Parra, and I'm looking forward to the Trinh-Duc v Sexton battle. Again I see France having the edge in the centres - I've been very impressed with Fofana thus far. Some good match-ups out wide too.

So man-for-man I think France have an edge, but France are known for their inconsistency - I'm picking (for no reason in particular..) that this will be one of France's 'off' games, and Ireland will pull off the win.

If Ireland win and Earls is that 13 i want the messiah next to my name if Ireland win and Earls scores a try at 13 i want the prophet next to my name deal ?

Out of interest what would you like if they lose
biggrin.gif

Firstly the exclusion of Ryan has now become quite sickening. It is obvious and has been throughout the season that Ryan is superior to DOC and I don't even think Kidney could deny that. Whether or not Ryan will be the difference between winning and losing is not the point, the message Kidney is ending to the rest of the squad and players throughout Ireland is very negative and by not picking Ryan, Kidney has not only put the team in a worse position but has prohibited that development of a player that clearly deserves an opportunity. (rant over)

(second rant) The selection of Murray is very risky, if he performs any way like last week then we will lose for sure. I rate Murray but since he's been playing our game style has been wrong and way to slow and all predictable off 9, which is why Sexton is playing to his full standard. Now once Reddan came on this changed but hopefully Murray can play more of an expansive game as I do still think his is capable of it.

I'm extremely weary of Conor Murray. i jumped on the bandwagon around the world cup because I was excited to see a youngish Irish scrumhalf performing fairly well. I think everyone was, including Kidney. I'm now starting to question his ability. I don't think it's a case of him upping his game. In reality I don't think his game can be upped. He's a slow distributor. And that's not because he takes 2 steps like everybody keeps saying (loadsa talented scrumhalves do this) or because he had to play Italy before they were tired like Thornley suggests. he's a slow distributor because he's got a poor rugby brain. He hasn't a clue what's going on around him whenever he's at the base of a ruck so he always takes at least 5 seconds to look around. You look at scrumhalves like Genia, Parra or even Reddan when they're at the base of a ruck. They know exactly what they're gonna do before they've even gotten there. Reddan barely had to look over his shoulder before passing when he came on. If you have a scrumhalf who has to take a few seconds to consider his options before making a decision you'll never get good go forward momentum. I worry Murray doesn't have the natural ability to ever really be international standard.

Latest posts