• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RBS 6 Nations - England vs Ireland - 17/03/2012 - 17:00

Just to say Felix Jones and Luke Fitzgerald trained with Ireland Monday........ Don't know why or what the point was but there you go.

Just to say Felix Jones and Luke Fitzgerald trained with Ireland Monday........ Don't know why or what the point was but there you go.

Presume it was to make sure they were up to date with everything especially since Kiss' attack system's only been implemented. Makes them feel involved as well. Both should go in the summer anyway.

Presume it was to make sure they were up to date with everything especially since Kiss' attack system's only been implemented. Makes them feel involved as well. Both should go in the summer anyway.

Yeah thats exactly it, although Felix shouldn't be involved yet. He needs to be given time at Munster to pick up where he left off, Ireland should not be a concern for him at the moment.

Yeah thats exactly it, although Felix shouldn't be involved yet. He needs to be given time at Munster to pick up where he left off, Ireland should not be a concern for him at the moment.

Doubt he was doing much anyway he's already played three matches and looked sharp enough. He's scored in two if I'm not mistaken or at least scored in one and set up a try in the other.

Doubt he was doing much anyway he's already played three matches and looked sharp enough. He's scored in two if I'm not mistaken or at least scored in one and set up a try in the other.
Oh yeah congrats on repping yourself a couple of times while you went on your rather unimpressive rampage

On this Ferris topic. I'm flicking through the comments on the Guardian website.

Am I a bit naive in thinking this is harmless pre-match banter or should I be disgusted like the legion of Guardian commenters by this 'anglophile racial slur' and 'bigotry'?

Firstly I really doubt those quotes are in full context, and secondly I doubt if Ferris is given into anglophile racial slurs, perhaps whoever wrote that wouldn't mind educating themselves better before launching rather baseless and polemical remarks the likes of which are closer to slurs than anything Ferris said.

Not before our backrow destroys your whole team cheers.
double-facepalm-picard-i19.jpg

The Poms have the making of a good side, I reckon they should win by 15 points on Saturday. Owen Farrell is getting better each game and the midfield defence with Barritt & Tuilagi is solid.

How come the much lauded Irish "sense of humour" always comes to the for only when the Siessnach are about?

People who read the Guardian are people who vote Lib Dem.

I read the Guardian and I don't vote Lib Dem/ never have done.

It's a good paper, much like the Telegraph is a good paper - good writing, good variety of coverage, generally a positive influence (unlike any tabloids) and the news bits are well-reported. The opinions section will obviously offer the more partisan views, but in general they're well-argued and balanced (again contrasting with any ​tabloids) even if you don't agree with all/ some/ any of them.

I read the Guardian and I don't vote Lib Dem/ never have done.

It's a good paper, much like the Telegraph is a good paper - good writing, good variety of coverage, generally a positive influence (unlike any tabloids) and the news bits are well-reported. The opinions section will obviously offer the more partisan views, but in general they're well-argued and balanced (again contrasting with any ​tabloids) even if you don't agree with all/ some/ any of them.

Interesting you compare it to tabloids, I see them as 1 and the same for pretentious, left of centre rags with a penchant for sensationalism and scaremongering.

But each to their own.

Daily Mail left of centre?

And scaremongering is barely ever seen in the Guardian, its normal preoccupation is cynically deconstructing the sensational scare-stories of everyone else (drugs, terrorism, Kony etc.) along with a bit of feminist whinging and coalition-bashing.

From RFU.com
England team to face Ireland

15 Ben Foden (Northampton Saints)
14 Chris Ashton (Northampton Saints)
13 Manusamoa Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers)
12 Brad Barritt (Saracens)
11 David Strettle (Saracens)
10 Owen Farrell (Saracens)
9 Lee Dickson (Northampton Saints)
1 Alex Corbisiero (London Irish)
2 Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints)
3 Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers)
4 Mouritz Botha (Saracens)
5 Geoff Parling (Leicester Tigers)
6 Tom Croft (Leicester Tigers)
7 Chris Robshaw (Harlequins, capt)
8 Ben Morgan (Scarlets)
Replacements

16 Lee Mears (Bath Rugby)
17 Matt Stevens (Saracens)
18 Tom Palmer (Stade Francais)
19 Phil Dowson (Northampton Saints)
20 Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers)
21 Charlie Hodgson (Saracens)
22 Mike Brown (Harlequins)

a) Mears? Really?
b) Ashton? Really?!

Last edited:
Did they not want to play Ireland Olyy :p

Must say stupid chat out of Ferris and Kearney saying we will beat English. Not the correct way to do per match interviews

Did they not want to play Ireland Olyy :p

Must say stupid chat out of Ferris and Kearney saying we will beat English. Not the correct way to do per match interviews
Yeah, this rubbish from the Irish pre-game is Gatland-esque... and from my experience that never ends well!!

From RFU.com
England team to face Ireland

15 Ben Foden (Northampton Saints)
14 Chris Ashton (Northampton Saints)
13 Manusamoa Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers)
12 Brad Barritt (Saracens)
11 David Strettle (Saracens)
10 Owen Farrell (Saracens)
9 Lee Dickson (Northampton Saints)
1 Alex Corbisiero (London Irish)
2 Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints)
3 Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers)
4 Mouritz Botha (Saracens)
5 Geoff Parling (Leicester Tigers)
6 Tom Croft (Leicester Tigers)
7 Chris Robshaw (Harlequins, capt)
8 Ben Morgan (Scarlets)

Replacements

16 Lee Mears (Bath Rugby)
17 Matt Stevens (Saracens)
18 Tom Palmer (Stade Francais)
19 Phil Dowson (Northampton Saints)
20 Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers)
21 Charlie Hodgson (Saracens)
22 Mike Brown (Harlequins)

a) Mears? Really?
b) Ashton? Really?!

Webber's out injured apparently and Mears is the other hooker in the squad so i guess it makes sense. He's played well for Bath when he's played this season