• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RBS 6 Nations - England vs Ireland - 17/03/2012 - 17:00

England won't have that problem come Saturday night, anyway... ;)

Has to be England...Tuilagi and Barritt to punch the holes....Foden,Ashton & Sharples to do the damage. Ashton is overdue to score tries...look out Ireland.

On this Ferris topic. I'm flicking through the comments on the Guardian website.

Am I a bit naive in thinking this is harmless pre-match banter or should I be disgusted like the legion of Guardian commenters by this 'anglophile racial slur' and 'bigotry'?

I tend not to read the comments on any news report, it makes me want to kill everything.
It astonishes me how....stupid so many people are.
The worst is when you get an American news report, it seems to suck in the lowest of the low, and it inevitably just ends up complaining about illegal immigrants/black people/how everyone's out to get white people.

Kind of like more legible youtube comments.

When's the England team out? It's unusual for Ireland to name (they're annoyingly predictable) team first, let alone two days before the opposition.

My only connection to English papers is a certain Page 3...GODDAM Britain's got talent.
Also: sorry for the random comment.

Such a shame it falls on st paddy's day, as i will be getting mashed outta my head in london on that day so will probably have to watch highlights.

I actually don't really rate Foden I just don't think he's that good he should have stayed scrumhalf.

Also why is SO'B in? He's not a 7 and PO'M is so much better at the moment.

I actually don't really rate Foden I just don't think he's that good he should have stayed scrumhalf.

Have you not been watching rugby in the last 12 months? Foden is one of the best full backs in Europe. He seems to always play well especially when his team are not. He has reliable defence, great counter attacking threat and is solid under the high ball.

This will be a big test for SOB, he will have to stand up and hit better form as he's now under preasure especially since PO'M put in a performance last week that arguably warranted his re-selection for this game.

I'm really interest in how the scrum will go, England pretty much dominated the French scrum last week and that's an achievement in itself but Ireland's scrum keeps on improving and last year against the same front row (assuming England pick them) Ireland were on top. Healy is generally not greatly rated by people on the forum but he has been able to cope and better Cole.

Have you not been watching rugby in the last 12 months? Foden is one of the best full backs in Europe. He seems to always play well especially when his team are not. He has reliable defence, great counter attacking threat and is solid under the high ball.

This will be a big test for SOB, he will have to stand up and hit better form as he's now under preasure especially since PO'M put in a performance last week that arguably warranted his re-selection for this game.

I'm really interest in how the scrum will go, England pretty much dominated the French scrum last week and that's an achievement in itself but Ireland's scrum keeps on improving and last year against the same front row (assuming England pick them) Ireland were on top. Healy is generally not greatly rated by people on the forum but he has been able to cope and better Cole.

Wait for someone to say Healy did better in one scrum then Cole owned him for the rest of the match but the Irish keep on going on about it. I have an idea who'll say it's not someone you'd expect.

Will be interesting though all we did last year was go low to where Cole wasn't comfortable. It was poor by the English not to adapt I'll expect more from them this time. I will however back our scrum at the least to hold it's own.

People who don't rate Ben Foden have to wear special badges so people know not to give them an easy time.

People who don't rate Ben Foden have to wear special badges so people know not to give them an easy time.

Too easy. Foden's obviously one of Englands best players same with SO'B in Ireland's case.

Such a shame it falls on st paddy's day, as i will be getting mashed outta my head in london on that day so will probably have to watch highlights.

Oh ****, that's right !
You'd get mashed out of your head on a regular day anyways right, I mean, I've been to Ireland 3 times...!
And you're willing to pass on THIS game for a higher blood/alcohol ratio ?!

Latest posts