• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 23/24 - Round 10

Think we will only lose Mitchell for 6N although others around edges.
I reckon Pearson is nailed on,
Langdon and Freeman should be there
Furbank in very good form but can't see a spot for him unless Malins or Daly are dropped (and they're SB favourites) - though if it's a 50 man EPS who knows

How on Earth is that not a deliberate knock on? Practically hit it like they do in volleyball.

Dombrandt vs. Mercer only has one winner based upon that half IMO …

Really not sure what is going on with Smith's kicking. 3 very kickable conversions going begging doesn't help his England claim. That said, the 2023/4 version of Ford definitely wouldn't have created David's second try.

Furbank in very good form but can't see a spot for him unless Malins or Daly are dropped (and they're SB favourites) - though if it's a 50 man EPS who knows
I'm just not sold on Malins at this level...bit like Goode...class prem player not sure he can go up the level....

I'd have another look at Furbank...but as you say if it's a 50 man squad he can look at a good few players....and theres lots of young hopeful. Josh Hodges Is one I want to see in prime form....

I'm just not sold on Malins at this level...bit like Goode...class prem player not sure he can go up the level....
Yeah, he was in good form for Saracens last season so understood the rwc nod despite not looking particularly good for England but a poor RWC and now poor form for Bristol hopefully see's him replaced
I'm not holding my breath though

So Dombrandt/Care/Smith for England then
Just need to find a goal kicker - maybe Jamie George? He's shown a cultured right boot in the past

Gloucester, where England hopes go to die.
It's funny cause it's true, he was excellent early on for Gloucester and then each game their influence takes over more and more

Same happened with McGuigan who was looking like he should be playing for England before moving there

So Dombrandt/Care/Smith for England then
Just need to find a goal kicker - maybe Jamie George? He's shown a cultured right boot in the past
Sb does have a dilema...bring Dombrandt back in, go for Barbeary or stick sith Earl who was on the bench for Saracens today.

If you go with Dombrandt you need to let him play his game...not do the Billy V role. If you want the 8 to do a Billy V role then it's Barbeary.

with TMO in the game, I really didn't understand some of those blatant forward passes/the deliberate knock on being checked. Say what you want but if Smith isn't kicking sticks then he isn't going to be an England 10. 'Insert Roy Keane quote here'

Yeah I agree...blatant forward pass.

Not sure what these TMOs actually watch half the time.

with TMO in the game, I really didn't understand some of those blatant forward passes/the deliberate knock on being checked. Say what you want but if Smith isn't kicking sticks then he isn't going to be an England 10. 'Insert Roy Keane quote here'
Doesn't Marcus have the best kicking ratio of the 3 candidates..better than Fin and Ford?

His kicking is usually a lot better but there's something a bit 'off' this season. He's not missing by much, which suggest to me there's an opportunity to tweak it rather than it being a major problem.

Agree ,
Langdon has been lights out but maybe behind a good few others.
Pearson has dropped a tad in last few games
Freeman could be next Daly as is 13, 14, 15 off bench but behind because of experience.
Furbank last few weeks as Langdon lights out but behind Seward for 15 by a fair bit.
Smith is at best 3rd choice 10 and is only a 10.
Ludlum off to France.
Dingwall could be a bolter for 12 but Who knows what SB wants. Certainly none off us.

Latest posts