• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 23/24 - Round 10

Sheedy just got absolutely smashed in the head at that ruck after Woodbury's break

It's a bit weird how much commentary are talking about a Wales vs England tug of war over Feyi-Waboso when he's Welsh, said he wants to play for Wales, and isn't EQP
In what way would he be eligible for England? I don't understand. People obviously think he is, but how?

In what way would he be eligible for England? I don't understand. People obviously think he is, but how?
No idea, he's a few years away from residency and from what I've read online his parents are Nigerian, so not qualified via them

This stage of the game with how physical it is, is not the time Bristol want to see Vermeulen coming on.

Eeally enjoying watching Sladey this season, is really stepping up as a leader and leading by example.

No idea, he's a few years away from residency and from what I've read online his parents are Nigerian, so not qualified via them
That's all I could find, also. No clue as to how he could possibly be English, other than waiting three years or so more for him to do a vandermcmerwe...

Great finish Exe strong again, very lucky for Slade not to get pinged for holding on, most blatant IMHO with no skin in the game, the ease in which Exe move up the field compared to Bristol though is night and day.

Very happy with that. Wabosi clearly deserving of MotM but strong team effort there. Second half of the season kicked off with an away BP win nice

Guarenteed to retain top 4 after this round.

Just soo many good young players with the like sof Sladey, Woodburn and Vermulen stepping up to lead this team.

Heard on Eggchasers podcast(huge pinch of salt!) We are massively under the cap like £1.8m under. Hard to believe but given how many will be on academy contracts/first contracts, also Wabosi/Fisilau im sure we got cheap given the circumstances.

We are in such a good position either way.

That's all I could find, also. No clue as to how he could possibly be English, other than waiting three years or so more for him to do a vandermcmerwe...
OK, I've asked on Twatter and the suggestion is that as he went to CLifton College then Aston University, he qualifies on residency.

Not that Bostik would pick him until he works on his kick chase...

OK, I've asked on Twatter and the suggestion is that as he went to CLifton College then Aston University, he qualifies on residency.
Doesn't residency have to be continuous though? He will have moved back to Cardiff in between sixth form and college - that's enough to reset it (as that Spanish/South African player found out when it turned out he was ineligible for Spain and they got booted out the rwc)

Doesn't residency have to be continuous though? He will have moved back to Cardiff in between sixth form and college - that's enough to reset it (as that Spanish/South African player found out when it turned out he was ineligible for Spain and they got booted out the rwc)
I'd also find it hard to believe that boarding school counts, it's more than a little tenuous. Maybe his parents moved to England at that time? No idea. They certainly seem positive he's eligible.

I'd also find it hard to believe that boarding school counts, it's more than a little tenuous. Maybe his parents moved to England at that time? No idea. They certainly seem positive he's eligible.
According to his bio he still played for Cardiff age grades while at Clifton so seems unlikely

Who knows, really - Wales will almost definitely call him up this 6N anyway, and I imagine if they didn't and England did try, he'd say no

According to his bio he still played for Cardiff age grades while at Clifton so seems unlikely

Who knows, really - Wales will almost definitely call him up this 6N anyway, and I imagine if they didn't and England did try, he'd say no
Baxter just said in interview he has just (this week) signed a long terms Cheifs contract. Said in another commented

'doing a medical degree so it makes sense for him to be with us for the next 4 years' Seems like 4 year contract....yes!! England Wales...dong give a flying Fk :) but id take him for England. Quick and agile yet has enough power/inteligence to be great.

Also Wabosi interview he basically confirmed he'd been contacted by an international team but didnt say who....be wales, Daf and Tshiunza will be pushing this.

I'd just like TNT to justify their 'tug of war' narrative, really.

No danger of England taking a punt on talent then developing and improving the weaknesses in his game afterwards.

Latest posts