• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 22/23 - Rd 3

Exe pretty lucky with two at minimum 50/50 decisions in their favour, great game for the neutral though

In a game where forward passes are a thing, why isn't there better camera angles to show them?

I think the ref has bottled that.
The ability for the 4th official to draw a line parallel to the touchline would be pretty easy to implement and would be helpful in situations like this.

In a game where forward passes are a thing, why isn't there better camera angles to show them?
Or just computer software - the NFL has no issue drawing digital lines across the pitch to show the downs
I know there's still momentum etc. but it's easily demonstrate if it's gone forward and then they can debate direction out of the hands

Beggars belief how The Premier League manages to make such a pigs ear of it.
they did it bad on purpose I swear

rugby still has the best system. They could do with more cameras but in terms of quality of cameras and the procedure it's the best. NBA requires a challenge so teams never use it until the end. Then we get obviously terrible calls staying early in the game. gridiron football uses such old cameras that you can't tell half the time.

Fantastic game, but the referee gave a real hometown decision at the end. Clearly forward out of the hand, passed before the 15m cross and taken after the 5m cross. 2-3 yards forward.

Also, the TJ was exactly on the spot.

Can't help thinking Quins got the raw deal there.
Certainly seemed a forward pass..but i also thought the try earlier should not have been disallowed

Anyone thinking Quins were hard done by watch Greens pass to Murley for their first try. Murley is clearly ahead of Green when ball leaves his hands. Forwards by 2m.
Thought it was a brilliant team try from the moment Quins ****** up their LO.
Funny how none of the comm team ,Ugo, Kay or or Mullins could call it even after loads of slow-mo looks. There are dozens of passes like that every game.

Perhaps but not dozens that effectively decide the outcome of the game. What is the point of having a TMO if they review it and tell the ref it's forward if he's only going to ignore them?

Perhaps but not dozens that effectively decide the outcome of the game. What is the point of having a TMO if they review it and tell the ref it's forward if he's only going to ignore them?
It should be of no interest to the ref whether applying a law or not affects the outcome of a game in a certain situation, as it could be argued the whole game decides the result. He can't pick and chose when . Why was the last try scrutinised so deeply yet Quins first not reviewed at all ,yet, to me, more obviously a forward pass? The match score was equally affected by both tries
I do wonder if the TMO was influenced by Ben Kays commentary ( apparently they don't listen) because flattish passes like that one are allowed 99% of the time without being questioned. Funny that Kays comments after several slo-mo views were "oooooh thats close"

Tshiunza starts at 7 again and 2 tries with one of them being the winner, both scored out wide. Good to see Jenkins coming on at 50 mins too. From a Welsh perspective love seeing these 2 getting minutes.

Great game of rugby. (Not the first one between these 2 either) I thought it was forward but there were some other dubious decisions that match.

It should be of no interest to the ref whether applying a law or not affects the outcome of a game in a certain situation, as it could be argued the whole game decides the result. He can't pick and chose when . Why was the last try scrutinised so deeply yet Quins first not reviewed at all ,yet, to me, more obviously a forward pass? The match score was equally affected by both tries
I do wonder if the TMO was influenced by Ben Kays commentary ( apparently they don't listen) because flattish passes like that one are allowed 99% of the time without being questioned. Funny that Kays comments after several slo-mo views were "oooooh thats close"
Your view is clearly favouring Chiefs and while I would freely admit to my Quins bias, the more objective view of the neutrals on this board tells it's own story. The very fact that BT Sport have a video called 'should Chiefs last try have stood?' (they're diplomatically inconclusive) is also a very strong hint that it shouldn't have.

Your view is clearly favouring Chiefs and while I would freely admit to my Quins bias, the more objective view of the neutrals on this board tells it's own story. The very fact that BT Sport have a video called 'should Chiefs last try have stood?' (they're diplomatically inconclusive) is also a very strong hint that it shouldn't have.
Suppose this happens in most games, a try or passage of pay will have something controversial happen in it. For one of Baths tries (during Wasps collapse), I was raging that McNally, Boyce et al. came flying in off their feet and took wasps defenders out, not holding their body weight. However, on reflection It was a 50/50 call, suppose at the end of the day, Tempest had the stones to make the call and stick with it.

Also are the rules that you can go back 1 or 2 phases of play or am I imaging this?

Tshiunza starts at 7 again and 2 tries with one of them being the winner, both scored out wide. Good to see Jenkins coming on at 50 mins too. From a Welsh perspective love seeing these 2 getting minutes.

Great game of rugby. (Not the first one between these 2 either) I thought it was forward but there were some other dubious decisions that match.
Yes he played well on the wing, wonder how he goes at flanker....;)

Yes he played well on the wing, wonder how he goes at flanker....;)
So backline is.... Ewers at 9 (Eggchasers (Phil) said he should practice box kicking as a bluff for caterpillar), Sinks at 10, Barbeary and Genge centres, Tshiunza and Shickerling on the wings and Simmonds at fullback (goes back there a lot). Love it.