English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
i2B72Yc.png

If you've gotta play Chiefs then playing them when they're missing a few to internationals, and a few to injury, and their first choice players have a bit of extra wear and tear from Europe, is the best time to do it.
But i'm not expecting much tbh - our form is so erratic.
Rumours that Faf, Hammersley and Wilson will be fit for this, so I'm hoping for:

Oosthuizen, Akker, JCW
Evans, Philips,
Ross, Curry, du Preez
Faf, du Preez,
Ashton, Rohan, S.James, Solomona,
Hammersley

Webber, Harrison, Jones, du Preez, Wilson, Cliff, L. James, Yarde

If you've gotta play Chiefs then playing them when they're missing a few to internationals, and a few to injury, and their first choice players have a bit of extra wear and tear from Europe, is the best time to do it.
But i'm not expecting much tbh - our form is so erratic.
Rumours that Faf, Hammersley and Wilson will be fit for this, so I'm hoping for:

Oosthuizen, Akker, JCW
Evans, Philips,
Ross, Curry, du Preez
Faf, du Preez,
Ashton, Rohan, S.James, Solomona,
Hammersley

Webber, Harrison, Jones, du Preez, Wilson, Cliff, L. James, Yarde
Yes its a good time to play us.

Id be more scared of both du preez twins at 5 and 8 and phillips on the bench. But that is a damn good squad

Not sure who is fit with regards to yendle and o flaherty and Jsimmonds been cited, not sure outcome. Then Slade and Nowell are injured, Devoto, LCD and Williams are away with England. Havnt seen Cuthbert in a while aswell. So no 100% what our squad will look like. Our back line will be significantly weakened without our first choice 10 12 13 14 15

My Acca this week is a clean sweep for home sides looks like a lot of close games and with call ups wouldn't be surprised at any results this week.

Id be more scared of both du preez twins at 5 and 8 and phillips on the bench. But that is a damn good squad
It's very tempting, but our scrum and maul work so so much better with two true locks.
I do think Dimes will play JLdP in the 2nd row, though - this is just my personal preference.

It's very tempting, but our scrum and maul work so so much better with two true locks.
I do think Dimes will play JLdP in the 2nd row, though - this is just my personal preference.
Yes but your open play is so much better. And them two work well together as proved vs Quins. It wont be are scrum time if you beat the Chiefs.

Our pack should still be strong its our back line im worried about.

Yes its a good time to play us.

Not sure who is fit with regards to yendle and o flaherty and Jsimmonds been cited, not sure outcome. Then Slade and Nowell are injured, Devoto, LCD and Williams are away with England. Havnt seen Cuthbert in a while aswell. So no 100% what our squad will look like. Our back line will be significantly weakened without our first choice 10 12 13 14 15

O'Flaherty played 40 mins for braves on monday, so he will probably start. Chiefs need him especially with the way Woodburn has played since coming back. He seems totally out of sorts. Sam Skinner also played 40 mins on monday.
I wouldn't be too worried about Taione starting, always seems to do a good job and tbh I dont think hes much of a drop down from Yeandle.

O'Flaherty played 40 mins for braves on monday, so he will probably start. Chiefs need him especially with the way Woodburn has played since coming back. He seems totally out of sorts. Sam Skinner also played 40 mins on monday.
I wouldn't be too worried about Taione starting, always seems to do a good job and tbh I dont think hes much of a drop down from Yeandle.
Thats good news then about skinner and o Flaherty. I disagree with Yendle, i think he is much better than Taione. Yendle is very consistent and solid prem player. And sometimes keeps out LCD.

Quins vs Sarries is gonna be spicy after it came out that Quins were the ones that started off all the investigations into Sarries

I imagine Marler will be chirping all game

Quins vs Sarries is gonna be spicy after it came out that Quins were the ones that started off all the investigations into Sarries

I imagine Marler will be chirping all game
Always a good game without any of the drama, Quins always seem to step up. Sarries missing quite a few frontline players and Dombrandt wanting to prove a point to EJ.

You havnt gone as strong as i thought. I thought were going to have 60 min of oosthuizen van der merwe WGJ. Spose your going for a strong finish but i rate your back more than ours. And FFS how is Hendrickson got in the 23 he is ****!

You havnt gone as strong as i thought. I thought were going to have 60 min of oosthuizen van der merwe WGJ. Spose your going for a strong finish but i rate your back more than ours. And FFS how is Hendrickson got in the 23 he is ****!

Faf still out from the injury he got from the Bath game,
I'm guessing Wilson not risked (apparently back in full training),
Denny out with hamstring again

I get the impression that Oosthuizen isn't 100% - think he's only back because of Morozov's ban. WGJ on the bench because he's been away with Wales all week.
I would've started Akker but I'm guessing they want the extra ballast of Webber at hooker, as we have a pretty lightweight second row.

As you say, though - that front row + philips coming is gonna give our set piece a huge boost in the 2nd half.

Bath Rec, 3.00 Saturday
Ref: Wayne Barnes
TJs: Christophe Ridley & Paul Dix
TMO: David Grashoff

Bath:
15. Tom Homer
14. Semesa Rokoduguni
13. Max Wright
12. Jackson Willison
11. Ruaridh McConnochie
10. Rhys Priestland (C)
9. Chris Cook

1. Beno Obano
2. Jack Walker
3. Christian Judge
4. Josh McNally
5. Elliott Stooke
6. Mike Williams
7. Josh Bayliss
8. Taulupe Faletau

16. Tom Doughty, 17. Lewis Boyce, 18. Sam Nixon, 19. Matt Garvey, 20. Tom Ellis
21. Will Chudley, 22. Freddie Burns, 23. Josh Matavesi

Leicester:
15 Telusa Veainu
14 Jonah Holmes
13 Jaco Taute
12 Kyle Eastmond
11 Jordan Olowofela
10 Tom Hardwick
9 Ben White

1 Facundo Gigena
2 Tom Youngs (c)
3 Dan Cole
4 Tomás Lavanini
5 Will Spencer
6 Harry Wells
7 Jordan Taufua
8 Sione Kalamafoni

16 Tatafu Polota-Nau, 17 Greg Bateman, 18 Joe Heyes, 19 Ifereimi Boladau, 20 Tommy Reffell
21 Harry Simmons, 22 Noel Reid, 23 George Worth

Bath Rec, 3.00 Saturday
Ref: Wayne Barnes
TJs: Christophe Ridley & Paul Dix
TMO: David Grashoff

Bath:
15. Tom Homer
14. Semesa Rokoduguni
13. Max Wright
12. Jackson Willison
11. Ruaridh McConnochie
10. Rhys Priestland (C)
9. Chris Cook

1. Beno Obano
2. Jack Walker
3. Christian Judge
4. Josh McNally
5. Elliott Stooke
6. Mike Williams
7. Josh Bayliss
8. Taulupe Faletau

16. Tom Doughty, 17. Lewis Boyce, 18. Sam Nixon, 19. Matt Garvey, 20. Tom Ellis
21. Will Chudley, 22. Freddie Burns, 23. Josh Matavesi

Leicester:
15 Telusa Veainu
14 Jonah Holmes
13 Jaco Taute
12 Kyle Eastmond
11 Jordan Olowofela
10 Tom Hardwick
9 Ben White

1 Facundo Gigena
2 Tom Youngs (c)
3 Dan Cole
4 Tomás Lavanini
5 Will Spencer
6 Harry Wells
7 Jordan Taufua
8 Sione Kalamafoni

16 Tatafu Polota-Nau, 17 Greg Bateman, 18 Joe Heyes, 19 Ifereimi Boladau, 20 Tommy Reffell
21 Harry Simmons, 22 Noel Reid, 23 George Worth
To think that this used to be THE clash of the season. Now not even televised.

Seems like the Pro14 is smart to let players have a week off leading up to 6N...

I'm utterly fascinated to see what kind of team Saracens field this weekend - I'm shocked to say that Andy Goode had an interesting article about it today:
https://www.rugbypass.com/news/game...hould-have-nothing-riding-on-them-andy-goode/

Bristol versus Gloucester looks like a great matchup.

Yeah, I think I'll actually watch that one, what will Williams and Rees-Zammit starting for Gloucester (& Lloyd on the bench for brizzle).

How ******* stupid from Meehan

Like genuinely the stupidest thing I've seen on a rugby pitch
Pretty sure harrison is lucky too as he ran in and slammed meehan down.

But yes that was stupid and dangerous, hate to see it....but do love a good scuffle:)

It seemed completely out of nowhere, but I get the feeling Cobus has been trash talking all day...

Latest posts