• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Predicted 6N table 2019

If Wal beat Ire, which is far from a given, they'll deserve their GS. But they remind me so much of Eng during our winning run in that they're finding ways to win while playing some pretty ordinary rugby. Limped past France, second string vs Ita, a good half against us while we simultaneously brain farted and clinging on against the Jocks. Winning yes, dominant no.

Assuming we pick up a BP against Sco (I'm giving up supporting if we don't) then I'm going to be pretty happy. No shame in losing narrowly in Cardiff; we'll have learnt massively from that allied to some dominant performances elsewhere. And all with Mako, Lawes, JJ, Watson, Underhill, Itoje all missing much or all of the campaign. Not to mention old stalwarts like Brown, Robshaw, Marler, Care and Hartley not playing a part but still mostly available if needed. Tons of stuff to work on, but overall in pretty good shape.

Yeah I'd agree it's very 2017 England, winning games and winning championships but you feel a lose is right round the corner.

If Wales do win next week they obviously deserve it but still would be one of the weaker GS win in recent history. Unlike Ireland last year which felt like a dominant championship win cause they at point so far ahead of everyone else.

Wales will definitely deserve the GS if they win, but they definitely haven't played much better than other teams. However they have won in anyway they have needed to and in the end there is only one stat that matters.

Yeah I'd agree it's very 2017 England, winning games and winning championships but you feel a lose is right round the corner.

If Wales do win next week they obviously deserve it but still would be one of the weaker GS win in recent history. Unlike Ireland last year which felt like a dominant championship win cause they at point so far ahead of everyone else.

Ireland only really thrashed you and Italy last year... quite close in the other three.

They beat Wales by more than they beat England

France game was tight, though

Ireland's biggest wins in the 6N last year were against Italy (56-19) and Scotland (28-8). The other three were much narrower - Wales was 37-27, England was 24-15 and France was 15-13 due to Sexton's injury-time drop goal.

We were in it til the end though... the score just opened up at the last moment as Anscombe threw a mis-pass that was intercepted by Stockers for a try. The only reason he was throwing the mis£pass was because we would have won with a score.

To be fair though I just checked the score again on that England vs Ireland game and it was a lot closer than I thought. I seem to remember it being quite one sided though.

Forget results for min I mean you could make England 2017 look like best team in world if you just looked at results but performance wise Ireland in 6Ns and the rest of last year fixtures looked like the best team in world.

France was the only game where we ever really felt like losing, we threw it away and then stole it back really.

Wales had a chance to win in the red but they would have had to go the length, they threw the ball around too much and conceded, closer than it should have been but that was our weakest 23 of the tournament by a bit.

The rest were handy, people say Scotland could have won if they didn't mess up their chances but that's a fairly substantial if, especially considering its Scotland.

Definitely more dominant than Wales but it don't matter how you win em. Nobody will be thinking Wales beating NZ is realistic if they only stumble home again next week but that doesn't mean they won't!

You get three extra points for a GS.
Yep min 23 with BP for a grand slam.
Max 22, with 4 win 5TBP 1 LBP.

Wales win the grandslam or come 3rd.

1LBP loss to Ireland, 1 point - 4.
England BP win over Scotland. With injiries and were at home im confident.

England 20
Ireland 18
Wales 17
France 11
Scotland 6
Italy 0

"As long as England don't win"

The old adage revered in Scotland and Wales and surviving in the large and, unfortunately vocal, minority in an otherwise indifferent Ireland.

With regard to this I present to you my "Celtic"* cousins a grand scheme:
1. Send Warren Gatland and Shaun Edwards to Scotland to teach them how to not be scroteless softies.
2. Come to a gentleman's agreement whereby Wales let Ireland run out a 90 point buffer before they start playing, Ireland presumably hold on to win by at least 80.
3. The now battle hardened Scots who've also been taught some morally questionable negative tactics that Shaun Edwards has always wanted to craic out since people started listening to him show no desire to score but just to hurt, disrupt and stop the English. They play out a gallant 12-3 loss.
4. England don't win championship, losing to Ireland on PD, everyone is happy and equity is served.

*I will accept Celtic as a use for nations whose mother tongue is a Celtic language - although I don't know how Welsh is in anyway similar to the Gaelic languages but I'm no etymologist and I digress - However, if your claim is genealogical I will ****. You. Up.

Here's a question, what does it say about the tournament that unless Scotland manage to miraculously beat a 36 year hoo-doo the chances are Wales finish 1st or 3rd and can't really manage 2nd? Technically they could if Ireland don't get a BP and they get a losing one and try's one but I'd say that's more technical than feasible.

The old adage revered in Scotland and Wales and surviving in the large and, unfortunately vocal, minority in an otherwise indifferent Ireland.

1. Send Warren Gatland and Shaun Edwards to Scotland to teach them how to not be scroteless softies.
2. Come to a gentleman's agreement whereby Wales let Ireland run out a 90 point buffer before they start playing, Ireland presumably hold on to win by at least 80.
3. The now battle hardened Scots who've also been taught some morally questionable negative tactics that Shaun Edwards has always wanted to craic out since people started listening to him show no desire to score but just to hurt, disrupt and stop the English. They play out a gallant 12-3 loss.
4. England don't win championship, losing to Ireland on PD, everyone is happy and equity is served.

*I will accept Celtic as a use for nations whose mother tongue is a Celtic language - although I don't know how Welsh is in anyway similar to the Gaelic languages but I'm no etymologist and I digress - However, if your claim is genealogical I will ****. You. Up.

Ahem, one self confessed language nerd at your service:

220px-Celtic_language_family_tree.svg.png

Welsh and the Gaelic Languages are related, but more in a distant cousin kind of way, which is why they don't sound super similar at first. The more I listen to a Gaelic language the more similar words I pick up, but it's nowhere near as many as Breton and Cornish.

Nah... you're more Iberian-French from what I remember...

Latest posts