• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Predicted 6N table 2019

As far as current rankings and recent form goes that is probably the predictable table... the thing that marks the 6N out from the Rugby Championship (for me anyway) though, is the unpredictability of it.

You only have to look at England's fall from grace... last year they were in much the same boat as Ireland are at this point and then finished 5th (though I can't see Ireland finishing 5th tbh). Great competition, can't wait.

(1) Ireland W4 D0 L1

(2) England W4 D0 L1

(3) France W3 D0 L2

(4) Wales W2 D0 L3

5) Scotland W2 DO L3

(6) Italy W0 D0 L5

Dunno why, but I think that Ireland, Wales and England may all end up with 4 wins and 1 loss. Ireland to beat England first up, England to beat Wales (urgh, that wasn't nice!), but Wales to beat Ireland on the last weekend. It'll come down to bonus points then, so no idea what the final standings would be!

If Ireland and Wales are unbeaten come the final weekend, I would maybe back Wales at home. History has often proven that a Welsh team on a roll can be a little unstoppable in the 6N. I know this Irish team are a class above any opposition we've faced in our previous championship winning years, but I'd still fancy our chances. I don't think it'll happen though.

Dunno why, but I think that Ireland, Wales and England may all end up with 4 wins and 1 loss. Ireland to beat England first up, England to beat Wales (urgh, that wasn't nice!), but Wales to beat Ireland on the last weekend. It'll come down to bonus points then, so no idea what the final standings would be!

If Ireland and Wales are unbeaten come the final weekend, I would maybe back Wales at home. History has often proven that a Welsh team on a roll can be a little unstoppable in the 6N. I know this Irish team are a class above any opposition we've faced in our previous championship winning years, but I'd still fancy our chances. I don't think it'll happen though.

Sounds like the 2015 Six Nations then.:D

Wales are overrated. They're ranked 3rd in the world but that's only because they barely beat a very poor Australian side and an inconsistent South Africa.

1. Ireland
2. England
3. Wales
4. Scotland
5. France
6. Italy

This England squad im happy with and could do well but i cant see us beating Ireland, we will have to be top of our game if we are to manage it. Then if we manage it we have to be constant throughout the tournement which is another issue for us. So ive optimisticly said England 2nd. But who the hell knows.

(1) Ireland W5 D0 L0
(2) Wales W4 D0 L1
(3) England W3 D0 L2
(4) Scotland W2 DO L3
(5) France W1 D0 L4
(6) Italy W0 D0 L5
Works for me. Brunel's candidate to the spoon. The union are looking at the collapse of their base fan. Bad enough being a distant second best to the LNR. The demographics of the game are stacked against them. What's worse than losing to Fiji? Losing your fans!

(1) Ireland W4 D0 L1
(2) England W4 D0 L1
(3) Wales W3 D0 L2
(4) France W2 DO L3
(5) Scotland W2 D0 L3
(6) Italy W0 D0 L5

The Scottish pack is a concern and will most likely be overpowered against Ireland, England, France and to a degree Wales. Strength in depth also an issue in the event of injuries.

"Wales are overrated"

Not one person in here has predicted they'll win. Low key, I think they might if we get hit by injuries or bad luck.
Ireland and bad luck, you boys hold all the lucky charms in the world currently.

Ireland to win

England, Wales, France and Scotland in any order.

Italy drowning away at the bottom.

Ireland and bad luck, you boys hold all the lucky charms in the world currently.

Ireland to win

England, Wales, France and Scotland in any order.

Italy drowning away at the bottom.

Probably about right. I don't think there will be a GS, but if there is it'll be Ire.

Cliches come about for a reason,. but France are the great engima in all this....

Don't forget that last year Ireland's GS was almost derailed before it got started.

Like us they won 2 and lost 3. The losses were by a combined total of 9 points - Ire by 2, Wal by 1 and Sco by 6. Any of those games could have gone the other way.

Wales are overrated. They're ranked 3rd in the world but that's only because they barely beat a very poor Australian side and an inconsistent South Africa.
Nobody particularly rates Wales and they're where they were surely because the teams above them they beat were overrated.
That said if I had to pick a team likely to beat us this year in 6N it's Wales they're at home and capable of massive performances against anyone even when their form isn't great. England won't be an easy game either. I seriously doubt we'll get a grand slam this year and that's fine.

Probably about right. I don't think there will be a GS, but if there is it'll be Ire.

Cliches come about for a reason,. but France are the great engima in all this....

Don't forget that last year Ireland's GS was almost derailed before it got started.

Like us they won 2 and lost 3. The losses were by a combined total of 9 points - Ire by 2, Wal by 1 and Sco by 6. Any of those games could have gone the other way.
There is nothing enigmatic about the state of the union here and their 9th ranking. It's been well chartered. They're on their way out of the Top 10 by the look of it.
The FFR have been comprehensively outmanoeuvred and outfoxed in just about every facet of the game by the LNR. Nothing enigmatic about that.

There is nothing enigmatic about the state of the union here and their 9th ranking. It's been well chartered. They're on their way out of the Top 10 by the look of it.
The FFR have been comprehensively outmanoeuvred and outfoxed in just about every facet of the game by the LNR. Nothing enigmatic about that.

While it may be logical to discount them, the point was that if a couple of balls had bounced differently they could have ended up winning the thing last year. I don't expect them to do that, but they're more than capable of beating anyone on their day. Question is how many days they'll have.

While it may be logical to discount them, the point was that if a couple of balls had bounced differently they could have ended up winning the thing last year. I don't expect them to do that, but they're more than capable of beating anyone on their day. Question is how many days they'll have.
Just another cliche really. The view here is that they got progressively worse as the championship went on. They also finished the competition for 2nd year in row with the lowest try count. They are second division. They scored less tries than Italy and lost to Fiji 6months later. Nothing enigmatic it's a continuation. They carried their non existent form from the 6N into June into November. The only thing propping up the union in the top 10 is WR's absurdely weighted pt system.

Last edited:
Just another cliche really. The view here is that they got progressively worse as the championship went on. They also finished the competition for 2nd year in row with the lowest try count. They are second division. They scored less tries than Italy and lost to Fiji 6months later. Nothing enigmatic it's a continuation. They carried their non existent form from the 6N into June into November. The only thing propping up the union in the top 10 is WR's absurdely weighted pt system.
In both tournaments they conceded the fewest too.

Can't say I watched them in the Autumn, but SA only beat them by 3 with an injury time winner. The same SA who we only squeaked past us by 1, who took the ABs scalp and should have beaten them twice.

OK they got walloped by the ABs in NZ, but they're scarcely alone there, otherwise looking at the current rankings in the last year they've beaten 4th and had late, narrow losses to 2nd, 3rd and 5th.

I'm not saying the overall picture's healthy or that they're likely winners. But it's clearly within the bounds of possibility that they could have a hand in determining the overall destiny of the championship.

I thought I was a glass half empty merchant :). Are you one of the French fans that whistles the team?

Last edited:
In both tournaments they conceded the fewest too.

True that's Brunel's rugby. Stop the opposition from playing. Defense. Defense. Anti-rugby par excellence. But results don't follow. There's so many games the players who are used to a different game plan are going to put up with that crap. They can see the gulf in coaching standards too.

Are you one of the French fans that whistles the team?
Don't have to. I no longer bother. Nothing to see. The fans that whistle are the ones that don't know the game so you're talking about the Parisians. In Toulouse we don't boo our team but then we've no reason to.

Latest posts