• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Paris Olympics 2024

Just checked, Mexico are orthodox, Canada follows US lead.

In what way is there not an official medal table? The IOC certainly post one.
Or does it change when US host - I certainly do t remember Atlanta with that level of detail

I've been following the Olympics for 32 years they've always done it that way dude. No idea why CNN....wait source Eurosport!

Eurosport owned by Warner bros discovery. American company I believe

it's all the dumbest thing ever

edit: we are really helped out that they are a billion slightly different track and swimming events
edit: throw in gymnastics as well
Agreed, America should be ashamed of themselves

Btw don't look up how many variations of rowing, track cycling and horse dancing there are
sweating key and peele GIF

Agreed, America should be ashamed of themselves

Btw don't look up how many variations of rowing, track cycling and horse dancing there are
View attachment 20882
they got rid of the good track cycling events.

Screenshot 2024-07-28 at 5.26.56 PM.png
I get track and field is the bread and butter and there are a lot of different disciplines but rowing and swimming are just taking the ****. Having 9 different boats with different people in each and having relays for swimming.

they got rid of the good track cycling events.

View attachment 20883
I get track and field is the bread and butter and there are a lot of different disciplines but rowing and swimming are just taking the ****. Having 9 different boats with different people in each and having relays for swimming.
Actually I would defend some of the others.

A good example is the pentathlon, it was design as a test of a good soldier being able to return to his lines, by being able to ride, fight with sword and pistol, swim rivers and run similar as how the ancient Greeks use weapons of war, spear, archery, discus, being able to swim and run fast and wrestle. Sports of speed and strength.

Canoing, think cockleshell heroes, rowing, think Roman galleys, judo, boxing and Tae Kwon do all defense and attack, clay pigeon shooting and all other shooting types along with equestrian.

All of the above still features in todays Olympics and all have their historical place.

I will acknowledge that there shouldn't be any place for most team sports like football, rugby, basketball, hockey (and god knows why a minority sport like softball aka rounders) along with daft sports like skateboarding and this year's new sensation of break dancing (dear god who came up with that one)

There are probably a few others on both sides of the coin but I would more than enough meet real world use.

Actually I would defend some of the others.

A good example is the pentathlon, it was design as a test of a good soldier being able to return to his lines, by being able to ride, fight with sword and pistol, swim rivers and run similar as how the ancient Greeks use weapons of war, spear, archery, discus, being able to swim and run fast and wrestle. Sports of speed and strength.

Canoing, think cockleshell heroes, rowing, think Roman galleys, judo, boxing and Tae Kwon do all defense and attack, clay pigeon shooting and all other shooting types along with equestrian.

All of the above still features in todays Olympics and all have their historical place.

I will acknowledge that there shouldn't be any place for most team sports like football, rugby, basketball, hockey (and god knows why a minority sport like softball aka rounders) along with daft sports like skateboarding and this year's new sensation of break dancing (dear god who came up with that one)

There are probably a few others on both sides of the coin but I would more than enough meet real world use.
yeah I don't have an issue with any of the different sports. It's really all the relays that they've added recently so that they can add to the medal count without increasing the amount of athletes at the game.

yeah I don't have an issue with any of the different sports. It's really all the relays that they've added recently so that they can add to the medal count without increasing the amount of athletes at the game.
Although you could argue, at least in terms of running, messages were sent by a relay of runners millennia ago not to mention the Mongols used relays of horse riders a la pony express

Synchro diving really good this morning,
Chinese pair are flawless but Daley/Williams looking good for a Silver atm

Edit: Silver secured

Last edited:
Wiffen fastest qualifier in the 800m freestyle. Would recommend tuning into that if you can tomorrow eve. Super competitive race where any lane has a medal chance.

I kinda want to know how the likes of Faux News are covering the drag dancers :(
And we have our answer - apparently, the bit with Dionysus on the catwalk was "a parody of the last supper, and therefore bad"

I'm really not seeing anything last supper related - unless the last supper was (another) christian take-over of existing pagan story / imagery

Rafa getting a bit of pasting in the first set. Doesn't deserved to be bageled on the court he won 14 RGs.

Latest posts