• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Paris Olympics 2024

Don't normally bother with 7s but Dupont really is touched by greatness. Not a coincidence that stuff happens when he's around.
I agree with the conclusion but not with the logic. Dupont is a freak but Arg lost the game vs France in the first half, when Dupont was on the bench.

France was ok, but the best 3 teams of the year played like crap. No one to blame but themselves. And Fiji was presented the poorest side they have in years. Same for Aus and RSA. France took advantage of the perfect storm, and that their merit, but the storm was not created by them.

Arg had the brainfart of the century the first half against France, i have no idea what happened to NZ against RSA (they play that game 20 times and NZ wins it 19) and Ireland were incredibly unlucky against Fiji.
Could have, would have, should have, sure. Not taking credit away from France. They won, the won fair and they won when it mattered. But if we are going to judge a player, i'd rather look a longer period.
Another detail: he almost always played the second half and that suited him beautifully.

I wish these weren't sour grapes, but i dont know anymore. Still processing what happened.

France were the best team in the tourney.
Previous form, and level of opponents is irrelevant.
Fiji, Aus, Argentina, everyone out out the best team they could.
DuPont is brilliant because he's brilliant, not because he didn't play 14 minutes every match (whilst being conditioned for 70-80). He personally, was the best player within the best team

Anyway.
It doesn't get said enough, but - hell has reserved a special place for whoever came up with the idea of a championship tie-breaker in tennis - because playing 3 actual sets is just too much, somehow.

Last edited:
Never seen anyone celebrate a 1st round match win so.much before. So happy for them.

athletes by amount of toolishness I've met (American bias):
1. swimmers

2. baseball players
3. rugby referees
4. lacrosse players
5. ice hockey
6. rugby players

7. football players
8. basketball players

don't feel like mentioning anyone else

athletes by amount of toolishness I've met (American bias):
1. swimmers

2. baseball players
3. rugby referees
4. lacrosse players
5. ice hockey
6. rugby players

7. football players
8. basketball players

don't feel like mentioning anyone else
Clarify footballers, Americans can't/shouldn't name a sport played with your hands as football

Clarify footballers, Americans can't/shouldn't name a sport played with your hands as football
they are similar levels of fine, some soccer players get really insecure about the sport but they usually aren't that good

what a race. has to be fractions in there.

Screenshot_2024-07-28-21-00-17-705_com.android.chrome.jpg

Isee the Americans will do anything to think they are leading when in fact by gold medals they are 6th, behind the dreaded Chinese

Isee the Americans will do anything to think they are leading when in fact by gold medals they are 6th, behind the dreaded Chinese
North America has always counted the medal table that way. There is no official table.

Latest posts