• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Paris Olympics 2024

This speed climbing is mad. I assume the course must always be the same otherwise I can't see how you can have a world record if the course chsnges

I've only seen Roslin, Irvine and Balding presenting in the studio, the only men have been a few pundits and even then the pundits seem to be mostly women
You've not watched the morning sessions then (JJ Chalmers)

Beyond that, those are comfortably the best sports anxhors available to the BBC.

And beyond THAT, I do t see it as a problem at all.

Last edited:
This speed climbing is mad. I assume the course must always be the same otherwise I can't see how you can have a world record if the course chsnges
Yeah, they said the course was set .... A long time ago (can't remember when now).

As someone who's only seen it in Tokyo, Birmingham and now, it seems like it would be better if changes every time, but would mean that world records wouldn't be available.

I definitely think they made the right decision I'm splitting the climbing events.

You've not watched the morning sessions then.

Beyond that, those are comfortably the best sports anxhors available to the BBC.

And beyond THAT, I do t see it as a problem at all.
Yeah Balding, Roslin and Irvine are great. Who do you replace them with? The only one I can think of is Sue Barker and shes retired (and female which is apparently an issue).

You could get Lineker I guess.

Yeah, they said the course was set .... A long time ago (can't remember when now).

As someone who's only seen it in Tokyo, Birmingham and now, it seems like it would be better if changes every time, but would mean that world records wouldn't be available.

I definitely think they made the right decision I'm splitting the climbing events.
I've never seen any of the climbing events until today

Is the skateboarding the same as BMX in that the judges make it up as they go along?

I can't get on board with that. The moves are all known, and I can't see why the scores per move can be known.
Bah humbug, get off my lawn, has anyone seen my glasses.

Got to hand it to the Jap, disaster at the start but a huge smile on her face

Got to hand it to the Jap, disaster at the start but a huge smile on her face
Come on got to do better than dropping in casual racism.
Yeah for some stupid brain fart reason I have the wrong name entirely
Good to see that you recognise the difference - two blonde women but 9 years apart in age, Roslin never having presented a sports show before.

Silver for Brown surely, turning into quite a looker too

Nope second bronze

It's ridiculous to think that's her 2nd Olympics, and she was 3rd oldest at 16!!!

TeamGB only 3rd in pursuit, must be taking a day off

Latest posts