• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Paris Olympics 2024

Wow so close to losing silver, don't think he knew the other American was on the right he slowed down so much before the line

Good interview from Kerr, fair play - very mature response to the result/his performance

What kind of age do athletes age out of the 1500? He'll be 30 next time round

Good interview from Kerr, fair play - very mature response to the result/his performance

What kind of age do athletes age out of the 1500? He'll be 30 next time round
Coe took gold in 1984 at the age of 28, and silver in the world cup at 33 in 1989, so anything is possible.

Kelly Holmes took double gold on 2004 at the age of 34

Just read Kerr's brother Jake got a cap for Scotland back in 2019

Gwan Harrington. One of our all time Olympic greats.

12th in the medal table well into week two is just mental. Could be us done, only Adeleke left as a real hope, and not really for gold at that. Otherwise we'd need Leona Maguire to find her form from a year or so ago or Stephanie Meadows to have a week like she's never had.

"The hard thing while speed skating is the first 80% of the race," he said. "When the last laps come, that's when it sucks the most, but you just give it your all. Go for it. The problem is when you give your all with five laps to go. Then you're f---ed. Set yourself with three laps to go. That's tough, but easy tough." - Nils van der Poel

Always liked this quote for life in general but I think it's really fitting considering how the 1500 went yesterday. The dude who saved it for the last 10% of the race was the one who got the glory.

12th in the medal table well into week two is just mental. Could be us done, only Adeleke left as a real hope, and not really for gold at that. Otherwise we'd need Leona Maguire to find her form from a year or so ago or Stephanie Meadows to have a week like she's never had.
I'd say that's us done bar Adeleke, but still a great great Olympics for us. I think we will only get better as the Sport Ireland campus grows and gets tonnes of funding.

Carnage in the 5km heat - 4 fall, including Team GB's Mills, and all are advanced to the final as it was not deemed a "racing incident" - but the Frenchman who Mills was tussling with when he fell isn't DQd and progresses too

Final (I think on Saturday?) should be spicy

Latest posts