• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NFL Thread

usc is for bandwagon fans
[/b]

USC is the most succesful football institution in the entire NCAA. And did more to help end segregation in Alabama in one football game than MLK did in 20 years.

and sitll half their fanbase is made of die hard supporters and the other is made of the celebs and bandwagoners who only like them because of carson palmer and reggie bush.

and sitll half their fanbase is made of die hard supporters and the other is made of the celebs and bandwagoners who only like them because of carson palmer and reggie bush.
[/b]

Yet has more national championships, more heismans, more first round draft picks and more hall of famers than OSU...

Just in my opinion:

Best QB: Peyton Manning
Best RB/HB: LT
Best linebacker: Brian urlacher
Best WR(s): Chad johnson/Terrell owens/steve smith/marvin harrison
Best TE: Antonio Gates

My favourite team: Steelers

Best bets for the superbowl: Baltimore/Indy/Chicago/San Diego
Dark horses: New Orleans/Kansas

Neither Kansas or New Oreleans are getting past the Divisional Play Off's, let alone the Superbowl.

Neither Kansas or New Oreleans are getting past the Divisional Play Off's, let alone the Superbowl.
[/b]

I said they were dark horses not favourites

WHY OH WHY DIDN'T INDY LISTIEN TO f***ERNAUT AND DC?

RUSHING
ATT YDS TD LG
J. Addai 24 171 4 15

Joseph Addai plays for the Broncos?
[/b]

First of all DC give the man credit he put 170 yards on a fairly stout defence. The kid is a class act gotta give him all the props. All I said was Edgerrin James is a hell of a back behind a great offensive line, hell he averaged 100ypg. Addai is going to be good, no one said otherwise, just James is a proven commodity. Going into the draft having a late 1st round pick and needing a runningback is tough situation, especially with the complexity of the Colts offence. Their gamble paid off, and you have to tip your hat. Now only if they could find a quarterback who doesn't choke in the clutch.

Well at least Indy got themselves a kicker who doesn't choke in the clutch with Vinateri. Meanwhile, The Cowboys are willing to take a cap hit and cut Vandyshank... he'd feel right at home with Jay "Miss 4 Game Winning Field Goals... in a single game" Feely at the Giants.

Well at least Indy got themselves a kicker who doesn't choke in the clutch with Vinateri. Meanwhile, The Cowboys are willing to take a cap hit and cut Vandyshank... he'd feel right at home with Jay "Miss 4 Game Winning Field Goals... in a single game" Feely at the Giants.
[/b]

Look Vanderjact is an arogant dick and no one likes him, but god damn it don't you go bringing down a Canadian player, especially not the most accurate kicker in NFL history.

Apparently on some Radio Show, the Ravens Scouting Director said they see Troy Smith as a player with 3rd to 4th Round Value in the NFL Draft. Many people also say his 6 foot 1 size is bullshit and 5.11 is closer to the mark.

lolol.

Apparently on some Radio Show, the Ravens Scouting Director said they see Troy Smith as a player with 3rd to 4th Round Value in the NFL Draft. Many people also say his 6 foot 1 size is bullshit and 5.11 is closer to the mark.

lolol.
[/b]

That's fairly telling considering the source. The Ravens are one, if not the best, scouting and drafting team in the entire NFL. As for his height, well it's long been considered that the 6 feet was being generous and that he was actually 5'11. And to further the size issue, I'd like to point out how small Vince Young looks now that he's in the NFL.

<div class='quotemain'>

lolol.
[/b]

That's fairly telling considering the source. The Ravens are one, if not the best, scouting and drafting team in the entire NFL. As for his height, well it's long been considered that the 6 feet was being generous and that he was actually 5'11. And to further the size issue, I'd like to point out how small Vince Young looks now that he's in the NFL.
[/b][/quote]

and i'd like to further the fact that Drew Brees, Don Mcnabb, and Mike Vick are all 6 foot to 6 foot 1

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

lolol.
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

and i'd like to further the fact that Drew Brees, Don Mcnabb, and Mike Vick are all 6 foot to 6 foot 1
[/b][/quote]

Brees was a much more accurate Qb coming out than Smith is and plus it took him what, 4 years to actually be good? Michael Vick ran a 4.3 and had a bigger, stronger arm. And McNabb was part of the "let's try drafting black, running Qb's" experiment ala Akili Smith and Culpepper being drafted the same year. It's no longer the cool thing to draft runners especially not short ones.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

lolol.
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
McNabbs 6'2, Bree's was taken in the Second Round in probably the Weakest QB Class i've heard of bar maybe 2000 and his passing numbers eclispe Smith's quite easily and Vick has a carrer passer rating of 75.1 and it took him two years to realise his team was running a West Coast Offence.

And as Fcukernaut said, the Ravens are one of the best when it comes to drafting and scouting, bar maybe the Kyle Boller and Travis Taylor picks (Who was solid, didn't help him that he had Chris Redman, Jeff Blake and Elvis Grabic throwing him the ball).

Hold the phone. Travis Taylor can't be described as solid, or dependable. He was good at times but never showed anything for him to really be considered a top 10 pick. This was also the same WR crop as Peter Warrick and Sylvester Morris so you can sort of give them a slide considering how many busts there were at the position and in general.

Latest posts