• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NFL Thread

Vikings don't have a shot at winning anything this year. Brad Johnson is a solid at best quarterback. He's not flashy, can't really make that big play. Plus he has no playmakers. Don't even try to bring up Troy Williamson. The kid still hasn't proven he can do anything or be anything, as of right now he's just a waste of a first round pick. They have one of the better O-lines in football but it doesn't help anything when you have a crappy runningback. Yeah i said it Chester Taylor blows. And their defence is nothing to write home about either. They also have to compete with the Chicago Bears and i'll say this the Detroit Lions with Mike Martz at the helm will do better than .500 this year.

valid points once again mcgraw

i really wish i made an ncaa thread

my head is buzzing right now with buckeyes fever and i cannot concentrate on the pro level of the game.. such an exciting time of the year for me

Apparently your boy Edge is struggling at Zona without a decent O-Line and Manning in the Pre Season.

Resigning Reggie Wayne and Dwight Freeny > Resigning No Knees James.

an manning will still choke in the big games

only 1 more sleep until BUCKEYES 2006/2007!!!

Apparently your boy Edge is struggling at Zona without a decent O-Line and Manning in the Pre Season.

Resigning Reggie Wayne and Dwight Freeny > Resigning No Knees James.
[/b]

First off it's the preseason. Don't let that cloud your judgement. Otherwise i might say Travis Henry is going to be the best RB in the NFL this year. That's not going to happen. He'd have to outrun Chris Brown(who'll get hurt sooner rather than later) and Lendale White. Even if he did manage that he's only going to be suspended for smoking a pound of weed and shooting himself with heroin...Getting sidetracked. The point is Edge was always going to have a tough time with the subpar O-line out in arizona. But with your boy and former MVP Kurt Warner and the two best young wideouts in the game(Anquan Boldin and Lary Fitzgerald) available for a whole game, they should be able to take off enough pressure off the run game so James has some room to run. This might end up like the colts, where they score a lot of point and edgerin gets all his yards in garbage time. It's not like he showed up in the playoffs either. He still has one knee Ripper, though the other one is gone.

As for Reggie Wayne he is a very solid number 2 widereceiver. I don't think he'll be able to step up into that number one guy role when Harrison finally calls it quits. He reminds me off Peerless Price opposite Eric Moulds. The moment he no longer has Harrison is the moment he's no longer an effective weapon.

Dwight Freeny is the best passrusher in the NFL. I'll give you that.

i really wish i made an ncaa thread

my head is buzzing right now with buckeyes fever and i cannot concentrate on the pro level of the game.. such an exciting time of the year for me[/b]

You can still make an NCAA thread but there will only be me and you posting in it...

First off it's the preseason. Don't let that cloud your judgement. Otherwise i might say Travis Henry is going to be the best RB in the NFL this year. That's not going to happen. He'd have to outrun Chris Brown(who'll get hurt sooner rather than later) and Lendale White. Even if he did manage that he's only going to be suspended for smoking a pound of weed and shooting himself with heroin...Getting sidetracked. The point is Edge was always going to have a tough time with the subpar O-line out in arizona. But with your boy and former MVP Kurt Warner and the two best young wideouts in the game(Anquan Boldin and Lary Fitzgerald) available for a whole game, they should be able to take off enough pressure off the run game so James has some room to run. This might end up like the colts, where they score a lot of point and edgerin gets all his yards in garbage time. It's not like he showed up in the playoffs either. He still has one knee Ripper, though the other one is gone. [/b]

ive been trying to tell Ripper that for a long time now, he just doesn't want to believe me that having a solid passing game and you will still be able to rack up close to, if not over, 1000 yards a year..

First off it's the preseason. Don't let that cloud your judgement. Otherwise i might say Travis Henry is going to be the best RB in the NFL this year. That's not going to happen. He'd have to outrun Chris Brown(who'll get hurt sooner rather than later) and Lendale White. Even if he did manage that he's only going to be suspended for smoking a pound of weed and shooting himself with heroin...Getting sidetracked. The point is Edge was always going to have a tough time with the subpar O-line out in arizona. But with your boy and former MVP Kurt Warner and the two best young wideouts in the game(Anquan Boldin and Lary Fitzgerald) available for a whole game, they should be able to take off enough pressure off the run game so James has some room to run. This might end up like the colts, where they score a lot of point and edgerin gets all his yards in garbage time. It's not like he showed up in the playoffs either. He still has one knee Ripper, though the other one is gone. [/b]

ive been trying to tell Ripper that for a long time now, he just doesn't want to believe me that having a solid passing game and you will still be able to rack up close to, if not over, 1000 yards a year..
[/b]

He'll still get well over 1000yards, barring injury of course, simply because of the shear number of carries he will receive.

Cullepper sucked without Moss... what a surprise.

Although even than the Dolphins still pushed the Steelers.

Go Vikes. 1-0 baby...

BTW, I have Tomlinson on my fantasy team and it just makes me happy to think about it :lol:

Go Vikes. 1-0 baby...

BTW, I have Tomlinson on my fantasy team and it just makes me happy to think about it :lol:
[/b]

haha it should make you very happy

espeically when he plays against the Raiders..

<div class='quotemain'>
Go Vikes. 1-0 baby...

[/b]

haha it should make you very happy

espeically when he plays against the Raiders..
[/b][/quote]

Man the raiders were dogf***ed last night man. That offensive line is brutal.

I feel sorry for Randy Moss.

Such a waste, at least Cullepepper could put the ball in a reasonable area that Moss could catch it, now he has had to put up with Kerry Collins who was only good when he was drunk, and now Aaron Brooks passing it to him.

I feel sorry for Randy Moss.

Such a waste, at least Cullepepper could put the ball in a reasonable area that Moss could catch it, now he has had to put up with Kerry Collins who was only good when he was drunk, and now Aaron Brooks passing it to him.
[/b]

First off the only person who could ever play the game drunk was Joe Namath to quote one of his teamates " Some guys can just flatout play drunk, Joe was one of those guys". He's in the hall but is also the only superbowl era Qb to throw more ints that td's and still be in the hall.

Also you can't feel sorry for moss because he doesn't put himself in position to be great anymore. He's never run great routes, which is surprising because he spent a lot of time with Chris Carter one of the great route runners of all time. But none the less he just runs down the field hoping brooks will launch it. Now there is a bit of leway here because 1) the o-line is **** and 2) Art Shell is a tool and is running 7 step drops. Seven step drops means the WR's are running 15+ yards down the field. You can't have plays that take that long to develop when your o-line can't block. But given that Randy Moss is the captain of the offence(shocking as it may be) he can't go giving up on games regardless of the score. And that's what happened monday night.

randy moss whadda piece of ****

shoulda learned a lot from Ohio State Legend Cris Carter

[/b]

You love pumping your OSU guys don't you. why don't you pump Archie Griffin? one of the biggest busts ever...

[/b]

haha, Randy Moss was putting up numbers Chris Carter could only dream of.

And the way DC see's Archie Griffen you would think he rushed for 20000 yards in the NFL.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

You love pumping your OSU guys don't you. why don't you pump Archie Griffin? one of the biggest busts ever...
[/b][/quote]

i hype him in college, best college player ever. :cheers:

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

haha, Randy Moss was putting up numbers Chris Carter could only dream of.

And the way DC see's Archie Griffen you would think he rushed for 20000 yards in the NFL.
[/b][/quote]

:lol2tn: Right

Randy Moss Most Productive Season 2003
Rec: 111
Yards: 1632
TD: 17

Cris Carter Most Productive Season 1995
Rec: 122
Yards: 1371
TD: 17

right, only dream of.

and i would consider Carter's much better considering he didnt have a legitimate second receiver to take his double teams off him like Moss did for years..

And what second reciever was that? Carter was only around for a couple for years for Moss... who did Moss have (Moss's best year happened to occur when Nate Burleson was his number 2)

Meanwhile Moss has already had 7 1000 yard seasons in 8 years while Carter had 8 in 15. Moss also only has 3800 less yards in 7 less seasons, as well. If he hangs around as long as Carter did, he'll only need about 600 yards and 5 Touchdowns a season for the rest of carrer to break all his numbers.

Even in the hellhole that is Oakland Moss will still break all the numbers set by Carter.

Carter has everything on Moss

Hands
Brains
Ticker

Moss wouldnt be so good if Carter didnt teach him, EVERYTHING

Latest posts