• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NFL Thread

Putting up close to 1000 yards with Chris Redman and Jeff Blake taking turns isn't something to be sniffed at. Sure, he's a bust in terms of his draft choice, but it's not exactly like he was putting the worst stats up.

i was readin bout some of the rules regarding american football. are the rules that stringent? all players must wear the same pair of football boots? can't some fo them wear some redator absolutes, others wear mercurial chromes?

i was readin bout some of the rules regarding american football. are the rules that stringent? all players must wear the same pair of football boots? can't some fo them wear some redator absolutes, others wear mercurial chromes?
[/b]

They can wear whatever they want so long as they are wearing the brand sponsored by the team or league(can't remember if it's a league wide sponsorship or not). They do all have to wear pads and a helmet, and have to wear the same colour socks.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

They can wear whatever they want so long as they are wearing the brand sponsored by the team or league(can't remember if it's a league wide sponsorship or not). They do all have to wear pads and a helmet, and have to wear the same colour socks.
[/b][/quote]

No they can wear whatever cleats they want, but it wouldnt be smart to wear small "footy" boots as you would get your ankles ripped off... literally.

they get fined if the socks dont meet the pants right in the nfl
[/b]

It sure is the No Fun League....

Or as Chris Rock likes to put it ****a Fu.cking Large

RIP Darrent Williams... shot and killed today sometime.

Apparently Javon Walker was also in the car as well and Williams died in his arms. Not sure if thats true or just speculation, but what a blow for the Bronco's and the NFL as a whole on the eve of the playoff's.

what u mean by socks not meeting pants?

so tts y theyre always wearing ugly prop boots?

like where your socks come up to the bottom of the pants, if they can see your knee or any part of your skin you will sometimes get a fine

nah just a bullshit ruling for how players need to dress
[/b]

I think it's a good rule. Personally I hate collegiate look of having no damn socks, maybe it's just my rugby background coming out but it annoys so much that when I play NCAA football for the PS2 I only play with teams that wear socks. Go Utah St I say.

RIP Darrent Williams... shot and killed today sometime.

Apparently Javon Walker was also in the car as well and Williams died in his arms. Not sure if thats true or just speculation, but what a blow for the Bronco's and the NFL as a whole on the eve of the playoff's.
[/b]

He was shot at about 3am on New Year's Day. Died instantly...still can't believe it really. He had such a bright future and he was a great person too...setting up foundations and charities left right and centre. I think the league as a whole will miss him.

Javon, DJ Williams and a couple of others were in the car at the time. Tbh it could've been any of them...I don't think they were specifically targeting Darrent.

Yea i really like the high socks in college as well, i miss the days of 2002,2003 when ohio state would frequently wear the high white socks with their uniforms, man that was sharp, i think they only wore them once this year against illinois but i could be mistaken, i think they shoudl wear them once it becomes october, in the national championship year they wore them at least 3 or 4 times, i miss them..

gamble10_26_02.jpg

Well, I think if you threw in a red(whatever f.ucking shade you like to call it) on the top there and it would look way better. I understand if you're playing your ass off and your socks come down, that's ok. But to wear no socks at all(or short ones)? That just looks sloppy.

Latest posts