• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Mike Phillips sacked

But it is also quite a valid reason as to why they would also want rid of him!

Shane is entitled to his opinion and as I said its a valid one too. Yes he has past form but what he mentions is quite right.

The facts, as known, do not substantiate the conclusion that Williams comes to - being that Phillips is somehow a victim or scapegoat......Gaston is right his costs and time away were built in to the club's budget and the only person at fault in this saga is Phillips himself and, if he is not sacked, he will be a very lucky man indeed.

The facts, as known, do not substantiate the conclusion that Williams comes to - being that Phillips is somehow a victim or scapegoat......Gaston is right his costs and time away were built in to the club's budget and the only person at fault in this saga is Phillips himself and, if he is not sacked, he will be a very lucky man indeed.

Well that's how you have interpreted it Tony!

But to say Shane's comments are uneducated is quite a step to far.

Well that's how you have interpreted it Tony!

But to say Shane's comments are uneducated is quite a step to far.

Definition of Educated http://thesaurus.com/browse/educated

"able, accomplished, advanced, aesthetic, appreciative, au courant, blue-stocking,chivalrous, civilized, courteous, cultivated, distingue, educated, elegant, enlightened,erudite, gallant, genteel, high-class, highbrow, informed, intellectual, intelligent,knowledgeable, lettered, liberal, literary, literate, mannerly, polished, polite, refined,savant, scholarly, sensitive, sophisticated, tasteful, tolerant, traveled, understanding,up-to-date, urbane, versed, well-informed"

So they were............!!

But it is also quite a valid reason as to why they would also want rid of him!

Shane is entitled to his opinion and as I said its a valid one too. Yes he has past form but what he mentions is quite right.
But those are some wild assumptions.

Fact is that Phillips came into work drunk, and has previously been in so much trouble that he was indefinitely banned from the club at one point. How Phillips can be considered a victim in this is beyond belief.

Congrats you defined educated. Anyone could do what you have just done. Don't particularly see the point. However my point has been proven that it's down to your interpretation of what has been said by Shane, and seeing as you have never been a pro rugby player you really can't call Shane Williams comments uneducated. He knows Mike pretty well to be fair so he's definitely coming from a knowledgeable background. You and others must be crazy if they think I think Mike is a saint.

As for the tweets, there are 3 of them and they we're a series of questions asked by Shane that the entire point was to cause a debate and Tony you have slightly read them wrong in my eyes.

Last edited:
[h=1]Bayonne se sépare de Mike Phillips après son incartade alcoolisée[/h]Its now all over Bayonne have come from behind closed doors and officially sacked Phillips. Pro rugby or just pro work you do not enter your place of work ******, he got what he deserves and its not the first time there have been many, some unpublisized, he has not been hard done by, try turning up several times at work the worst for wear, and see what happens you do not need to be a Pro player, there are no excuses he screwed up and got the punishment he deserves END OF!!!!!

Some interesting comments inc. those about funding in Wales. Whilst use debate financial merits you must consider that on the balance sheet he is a liability.
Henson Mark 2 although to his credit there wasn't a Taxi driver involved this time.
Let's see what Garland does!

Welsh players going to France hasn't been a great success. Henson at Toulon lasted what, a month? Gethin had a torrid time, while RM haven't hardly used Lydiate, while Roberts was in poor form before injury. Hook has been shifted to fullback. Byrne is about the most successful!

Welsh players going to France hasn't been a great success. Henson at Toulon lasted what, a month? Gethin had a torrid time, while RM haven't hardly used Lydiate, while Roberts was in poor form before injury. Hook has been shifted to fullback. Byrne is about the most successful!

I would agree other than about Hook who, despite his move to 15, has settled very well been there, what, two years and just signed for another 2 or three and is the chosen 15 of the best "team" selected from those playing on Day 10 in the Top 14 ahead of Butin, Lapeyere and Bonneval and the last two played really well.....and Pieterson who is s***!

What I mean with Hook is that he wanted to be starring at 10, so the move hasn't wholly paid off for him.
Very surprised with Joe Pietersen, he was a big contributor at WP, especially off the tee.

It's on bbc sport now that they have confirmed his sacking

It's on bbc sport now that they have confirmed his sacking

As usual they are late,.......it was announced last evening!

What I mean with Hook is that he wanted to be starring at 10, so the move hasn't wholly paid off for him.

Think it has!!!

Very surprised with Joe Pietersen, he was a big contributor at WP, especially off the tee.

He is poor positionally, he cannot make a tackle to save his skin and looks like Cipriani going into it, although he catches the high ball and runs well but seems to be able only to give penalties rather than the ball when then tackled!! He has not really had the chance to place kick although strikes me, and this is no recommendation, the coaches do not have a lot of confidence as they keep either Yach or Perylongue on the field to kick and Pieterson only gets a chance when it is outside the distance of the other two!! There again, it also could be that he has been plunged into a team that are utter s**** and has not found his feet.............!!!

1Stephen-Jones-Clermont-6098968.jpg

To be fair Jones was about the most model professional and consistent player Wales have ever produced. If you look at his history you might think he is a journeyman but he has always been a success wherever he went.

Jones came back from France a far better player than when he left to go there. He came back a quicker and sharper 10

To be fair Jones was about the most model professional and consistent player Wales have ever produced. If you look at his history you might think he is a journeyman but he has always been a success wherever he went.

Most capped Welsh player ever, 2 Grand Slams, Lions starter on 2 tours, success at 2 top European clubs and led a dwindling one with no front 5 to a H Cup semi final. Which of those parts of his history exactly suggests he's a journeyman?

Most capped Welsh player ever, 2 Grand Slams, Lions starter on 2 tours, success at 2 top European clubs and led a dwindling one with no front 5 to a H Cup semi final. Which of those parts of his history exactly suggests he's a journeyman?
With Rugby jouneyman = played at many clubs, rather than a slight on his talents. Though I wouldn't even say that applies to Jones: 13yrs all told at Llanelli/Scarlets, 1yr at Clermont and 1yr at Wasps.

I think that I know what you mean but a journeyman to me means played a lot but never really made it to the top.................for instance, most golfers who have been around a long time and made a lot of money but never won, or maybe once or twice in long careers, are termed journeymen? I do not think that that is what you mean about Jones.................

Latest posts