• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Mike Phillips sacked

psychic duck

International
1113282-17608866-640-360.jpg

Wales scrum half Mike Phillips has been sacked by Bayonne for coming to a video analysis session drunk

This followed on from some similar antics last season where he was disciplined for a string of late night incidents.

Phillips has a past record for this behaviour before Bayonne as well, after being suspended from the Wales squad for a fight in McDonald's in 2011 and being hospitilised in 2008 fighting in a pub.

it's so despicable........especially considering the magnificent season Bayonne is having this year in particular........so saddening for the franchise. :( :(

*burp*

His track record is worse than Henson, but nobody seems to care.
What a fool, think he would learn by now.

Typical Welsh, that's why in Ireland we stick to Gambling addictions and **** coaches.

Do we think he'll grab one of those WRU central contracts with the regions or go in England or find a new club in France?

What region would take him? Ospreys have Habberfield coming up, Turks have a few nippers, we have Rees and Evans. As poor as Lloyd is, I don't think the Blues would want him.
Would be a waste of a contract tbh. Only issue is he is the only SH we have that I'd want to start in an international right now, even with his bumpy form.

Maybe he would have a shot in ProD2? His antics would be too lightweight for Leg.

Personally, I'm less offended by Henson as he seems like a nice guy, if a little thick.

Whereas Phillips actually comes across like an arrogant ****.

Short term contract in Wales (or England), then to Toulon next season - that's my guess.

Sorry guys do you need to start a thread for a disgraced player when its already up and posted in Top 14 news

Hmm, I don't think the Welsh regions can afford him at the moment or with the current hoopla with the avalible finances.

Even if they could, with the autumn internationals and the six nations coming up, I don't think he would be cost effective for them.

What region would take him? Ospreys have Habberfield coming up, Turks have a few nippers, we have Rees and Evans. As poor as Lloyd is, I don't think the Blues would want him.
Would be a waste of a contract tbh. Only issue is he is the only SH we have that I'd want to start in an international right now, even with his bumpy form.

Maybe he would have a shot in ProD2? His antics would be too lightweight for Leg.

With his track record for questionable performance on the field at domestic level, questionable track record off the field, along with a presumably high wage price I can't see many teams fitting him. Blues would be the most likely of the Welsh regions I think, but he would have to take a pay cut.

A large part of Henson's crime is being famous and well known. Many others have worse off field records but get them ignored. How often does Shane's arrest for assault in Cyprus get brought up? Ratsapprentice is spot on, Henson is thick, but reasonably harmless. Others like Ceri Sweeney, Phillips, Bradley Davies have got up to more serious stuff. We've been through the myth of Henson's off field stuff costing his career, any intelligent observer knows it's mainly constant injuries that have ruined him and cost him caps.

I think he'll have to take a big pay cut, and might just do that, for a short term contract, while getting his agent to work like hell to get him a decent one next year.

...........specially considering the magnificent season Bayonne is having this year in particular........*

Sorry is this sarcasm?

They are next to bottom with the worst points difference and worst defeinsive records in the league?!!

It has been coming for ages and his drinking has been an open secret!!

Package him and O'Connor together. Greatest half back pairing of all time.

Is there an irony to this? In that a scrum half just got sacked for being too much of a prick?

Latest posts