• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lions to challenge the Haka by singing?

Imagine my complete shock and horror that we are going to have some controversy over the haka.

Next you'll be telling me Wales get a bit funny about the roof to the Millennium Stadium

Or the Scots think we don't respect them just before we give them another kicking.

Or that the Aussie media will write long articles about how we 'cheat' right before playing them.

*yawn*

This will definitely go down well.

I still believe that a longbow volley, or a light cavalry charge, is the best response. If we take a few of them out then it might limit the amount of tries we concede.
What about 'The Soldiers Chorus' from Faust

Honestly haka responses are nice and all that, but in reality it's got to the stage where I tune out during them a bit and the players probably do too. I think they're just another thing to go through before a game like national anthems. If some people enjoy them, then that's great, it hurts nobody, but I'm a bit jaded now. Will hopefully go back to enjoying it when Ireland play NZ next.

But if we're doing music, I want foggy dew put forward. Sinead O'Connor would probably be down for it too, and she's bananas enough to scare the ******** off anyone.

Personally I hope they just chuck a few balls on, do some sprints, high balls and a spot of passing. Completely ignore it. As a viewer its entertaining but at the end of the day its a warcry and you can respond however you like.

Honestly haka responses are nice and all that, but in reality it's got to the stage where I tune out during them a bit and the players probably do too. I think they're just another thing to go through before a game like national anthems. If some people enjoy them, then that's great, it hurts nobody, but I'm a bit jaded now. Will hopefully go back to enjoying it when Ireland play NZ next.

But if we're doing music, I want foggy dew put forward. Sinead O'Connor would probably be down for it too, and she's bananas enough to scare the ******** off anyone.

Its no Clannad - "Theme from Harry's Game" Classic tune.

Or I'm gonna be (500 miles) by the Proclaimers ? Something memorable that the fans can all sing to.

Coincidence? I think not.

This might explain why Gatland brought so many Welshmen with their dulcet tones and so few Scots. We don't do singing up here.

I'm struggling to come to terms with this singalong possibly being true. Still, it beats practising how of manufacture a line break I guess.

This might explain why Gatland brought so many Welshmen with their dulcet tones and so few Scots. We don't do singing up here.

I'm struggling to come to terms with this singalong possibly being true. Still, it beats practising how of manufacture a line break I guess.
'Kin 'el.... There is a potential for an unnecessarily embarrassing moment here. Someone tell me this is a complete joke.........

Last edited:

Kinda ironic when you consider the number of successful Scottish bands and singers.

if the haka is so intimidating, why is the union jack in new zealand's flag?

really makes ya think imho

Latest posts