• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland v Wales

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (seanAF @ Mar 11 2010, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Disappointed for Duffy. He's in exelent form and has never realy had a chance in a 6N game. He's not as good as Keaney but he can kick, step, catch, tackle and run.

And his record in the 6 nations is good played 1 scored 1.[/b]
Duffy is not up to standard of Kearney, Murphy and I would even say Earls is a better 15 overall.

Also, I think fact that Duffy is very restricted to 15 doesn't work in his favour.

Two hours to gametime, can't wait.

Our forwards have gotta stand up to be counted, because if we get destroyed in the lineout and breakdown we're out of it.

If we can get parity up front, this game should be a belter, and if were there or thereabouts at half time, I can see us winning.

Still predicting an Irish win by a few points though.

Part of me thinks that Ireland will win by quite a few points, but part of me does think that Wales can do it. I expect Ireland to be ahead at halftime by a fairbit, then Wales to make a comeback, then it to be a few points either way, probably with Ireland winning
Either way, can't wait

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Mar 13 2010, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If we can get parity up front[/b]
That phrase has been tattooed on the arse of every Welsh television pundit for the last 20 years, and I can't stand it!!!!

Wales look very restrained and afraid to try anything, maybe for fear of being intercepted or something.

Hopefully when we're back to 15 men we actually start to play to our strengths.

EDIT: Ireland just scored again. That was too easy. :(

Fantastic try from earls with o'driscoll exposing hook's laziness. Also a poor kick from a winded sexton. Hope he's ok, because ireland don't have the depth in players to keep injuring backs.

Rees just handed wallace off in the face and seems to have hurt his eyes.

Second try for o'leary. Looking to b a bit of a destruction here if this rate of scoring continues

Think Wales are still in it, they've been livelier in this first half than they have in any other first half this tourno

Sexton's goal kicking has been shocking again, nerves are really getting to him.

Bit ****** off. Thought the ref has had a bit of a shocker so far. For Irelands first try, Wales get panalised even though I thought it was Sexton who was blatantly holding on with Shane Williams on his feet over him. The for Ireland's second try Wales get penalised for offside in the rolling maul, but Mat Rees had already spotted he's become seperated from the two players in front of him and peeled off, never even touching the offside players, that's not a fu**ing penalty!

No problem about Lee Byrne's yellow, he delibriately knocked the ball down when he was on the floor, it was cyical.

Welsh lineout is a complete mess.

Hope for a better second half by Wales and the ref....

Yellow card was very harsh. If it stopped a try then fair enough, but it was first offence by Byrne.

Wales look alot more composed in attack than last week, but defence and lineout will lose Wales this one.

EDIT: Didnt see him konck it on.. must have missed that. Agree about Sexton holding on though Dull - just didnt wan to sound like I was Ref bashing...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iWin @ Mar 13 2010, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Fantastic try from earls with o'driscoll exposing hook's laziness. Also a poor kick from a winded sexton. Hope he's ok, because ireland don't have the depth in players to keep injuring backs.

Rees just handed wallace off in the face and seems to have hurt his eyes.

Second try for o'leary. Looking to b a bit of a destruction here if this rate of scoring continues
[/b]

It's called being a man down. <_<

And it's costing us again.

Pah, ref bashing smashing.. Probably a bit hard on the ref really, but I was screaming at the tv with those two decisions. Wales' defense was poor on both occasions aswell, so it wasn't just the ref's fault, but doesn't help.

Edit: can O'Connell please pick up an injury, he's destroying us in the lineout?

Think the ref has been good. He did the exact same thing to o'Driscoll. They were being penalised for not letting the player release the ball and he was right. Neither Williams nor O'Driscoll allowed the tackled player to release the ball in these instances. It's a rule that's over looked alot by refs I find.

Set piece and lack of intelegence are killing the Welsh, gifting both tries (although O'Leary especially took his well).

Neither team has got out of 1st gear though. Iffy card for Byrne IMO, Ireland took good advantage. Bowe looks good.

Let's hope for a better 2nd half. That's as complimentary as I'm getting for celts, enjoy it.

Latest posts