• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland stealing a Georgian prop

Can I also point out that this guy is a human being who makes his own choices; if he wants to be playing for Ireland, psychic duck, who are you to tell me that he can't?

We always talk about 'poaching' of players from other countries as if the guy has been seized in the middle of the night in his pyjamas by some secret police force. In reality players make their own choices about who they want to play for based on their own experience. Tuilagi learns his rugby through the english schools system for example, if he wants to play for England, let him. The same goes for anybody

In France we're counting the hours until Falefa, Toulouse's 22 year old THP is eligible for France. Not proud of it either but, in the end, it's their choice: neither the georgian prop nor Falefa will benefit economically from this, they just want to play in a better team.

Yes I know, I don't really care, given that he's spent time with Irish scrum coaches he will probably turn out as good as Borlase anyway, nowhere near good enough for a Georgia 15th choice prop

very fair point, Artemyev is undoubtedly a better player because of the Irish system to be fair, no chance this young prop will benefit from Irish scrum coaching though

I don't know about the Connacht system and what schools have "rugby pedigree"

George North left England 14 weeks old ...
Toby Faletau left Tonga 7 year old ...

that is half the age

good post Peat, but I have not said I know his circumstances that well from the start

as I have found more about him, I now think Ireland have a right to him, this article (in January 2011) says he moved four years ago so that is five years now

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/schools-rugby/tony-wards-guide-to-connacht-2500049.html

yes fair enough good point, as stated above I changed my opinion as more facts have been found

would be nice if he could play for Samoa ...

I sense a jelly of Georgian props, and that Ireland would get embarrassed by Georgia if they were to play, I reckon Georgia would destroy your mythical "scrummaging beast" Healy who is never better than Gethin Jenkins unlike what Leinster fans seem to think, also let me remind you what happened when Gorgodze and your other mythical "rampaging beast" SOB last met

Fixed that one for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Find me a post where someone says that Healy is a beast of a scrummager. Go on.

Wow ranting against Irish rugby without having a clue what you're talking about......classy

I sense a jelly of Georgian props, and that Ireland would get embarrassed by Georgia if they were to play, I reckon Georgia would destroy your mythical "scrummaging beast" Healy who is never better than Gethin Jenkins unlike what Irish fans seem to think, also let me remind you what happened when Gorgodze and your other mythical "rampaging beast" SOB last met

O'Brien fell off a tackle... Happens to everyone.. Especially when a player of the Caliber of Gorgodze is coming at you...However he was in no way shape or form ran over or trampled in the fashion that this is constantly bigged up to be...You're going to have to troll harder my precious Psyduck.

And as for getting shat on by the Georgian front row..yes it would happen but lets see Georgia actually beat Ireland..

Last edited by a moderator:
The timing of this thread couldn't be more perfect in my opinion. A perfect example of stupidity/WUMing.

yes it could...I have a 2000 word essay to complete by 12 tommorrow morning.

Well...a 2000 word essay to start.

2000 word is nothing. I'd nearly write that for lab reports and I have two of them a week. Bloody arts.

Wasn't Austin Healy a backline player??

I don't know of any other worth mentioned Healy's...

The bloody paddys stole him too... stuck him on an intense mass building steroid program and now he packs down at loosey forIreland.

Thus expaining their scrummaging problems :p

2000 word is nothing. I'd nearly write that for lab reports and I have two of them a week. Bloody arts.
Yeah , It's hard when you have been to two lectures this semester for that module ...

And one of them a girl passed out so it was called off early :p

The bloody paddys stole him too... stuck him on an intense mass building steroid program and now he packs down at loosey forIreland.

Thus expaining their scrummaging problems :p

They actually have similar hairlines and some facial features....you're on to something...

I believe that realising you have made a stupid thread and being proven wrong and responding by having a needless go at Irish rugby and trying to make two proven international players out to be mediocre is WUMing. But that's just me.

Then there's Edward Byrne, a stunning prospect at loosehead prop who'll be with the Ireland u19s this year.

Agree with all you said but Byrne's a tighthead thankg goodeness.

Wasn't there an Ireland U20s prop last year/the year before who was supposed to be the next big thing?
He was English, but qualified for Ireland, but now wants to play for Wales and is at Newport-Gwent Dragons :huh:

Edit: Can't find the thread now (think it was Big Ginger 8 singing his praises?), and I think he's been released by Newport anyhow

I have no idea who your talking about certainly wasn't me.

Click on "big ginger 8"'s name and then click "view all posts" :p

In fairness it;s funny but I've never said he's a dominant scrummager. Just because I defend him from others ignorance doesn't mean I think he's the best prop in the world. I've always said he's a solid scrummager who holds his own with a good tighthead and sometimes dominates.

Psychic Duck this is really poor. Your excuse is that you're a bit uninformed about him and his situation, all it takes is a quick google search.

Regards the actual player I played Marist twice in a competition over in Gloucester earlier this year. Maybe he was injured but neither of their props were that good. Thire centres and fullbacks yes but not their props.

Agree with all you said but Byrne's a tighthead thankg goodeness.
He can play both sides. Last year he was a tighthead but this year Clongowes have picked him at loosehead. I'd be inclined to keep him at 1 since he's seemed to scrummage better there. It ws the same when he moved to 1 for the Ireland u18s against England last season. Both he and his brother should be called intp the Leinster academy immediately upon leaving school (along with St Michaels openside Dan Leavy). Long term, Leinster are extremely well set at prop with Healy, McGrath and Byrne at loosehead and Hagan, Moore and Furlong at tighthead. Byrne and Furlong may be the best of the lot.

Wasn't there an Ireland U20s prop last year/the year before who was supposed to be the next big thing?
He was English, but qualified for Ireland, but now wants to play for Wales and is at Newport-Gwent Dragons :huh:

Edit: Can't find the thread now (think it was Big Ginger 8 singing his praises?), and I think he's been released by Newport anyhow

I can't begin to work out who you're talking about; the closest sounds like Stewart Maguire, who qualifies for all three, is massive and had lots of potential, defected from Wales to Ireland, but got found out and ended up at Connacht where he's been crap. Only Irish player I can think of going to Newport is Jamie Smith, who's the world's tiniest full-back and has been almost constantly injured there.

Latest posts