• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland: 6 Nations plusses, minuses and where to go from here

• Thread starter snoopy snoopy dog dog
  • Start date
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Mar 25 2010, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Lads in regards the Churchill cup would we not send over a youthful team, a mixture of 20's and development players who would only likely be on bench at most when players are missing for International duty. I know we'd possibly find it very tough but it'd be experience and a good learning curve.[/b]
They could do that but selecting a load of u20 players to go to the Churchill Cup would mean removing them from the World Cup in Argentina which takes place at the same time.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Mar 25 2010, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Mar 25 2010, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lads in regards the Churchill cup would we not send over a youthful team, a mixture of 20's and development players who would only likely be on bench at most when players are missing for International duty. I know we'd possibly find it very tough but it'd be experience and a good learning curve.[/b]
They could do that but selecting a load of u20 players to go to the Churchill Cup would mean removing them from the World Cup in Argentina which takes place at the same time.
[/b][/quote]
My bad I thought some are deemed overage, but even so still development players etc and really just get as much players experience.

Latest posts