• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Investec Champions Cup 23/24 - Round of 16

The more they show replays the less I think there was any meaningful head contact - there was zero recoil, I think contact lower down/with the other tackler actually stopped any actual hit

Shouldn't that just be straight to bunker review? I haven't seen many refs make a definitive decision recently.

The more they show replays the less I think there was any meaningful head contact - there was zero recoil, I think contact lower down/with the other tackler actually stopped any actual hit
Yeah they said that the first tackler was mitigation when to me it looked like the first tackler saved it from being a head shot.

Im Not No Way GIF

Twitter raging about the reffing in the first half. And more than just the Scottish fans who blame the ref after every loss regardless.

Dozed off a bit myself but wouldn't be the first time Quins got an extra round out of this competition through hometown reffing at the stoop.

I didn't notice anything bad?

I mean the Scottish commentator was raging that a Glasgow player get yellow carded for being offside (ignoring that it was Glasgow's 11th penalty and they were on a warning), maybe it's all along that line

Edit: seen some people calling the referee bias against Glasgow for....checking the knock on try in the first half (not good enough that he used the TMO - should've ruled it out instantly despite being half the width of the pitch away and separation being split second)

Last edited:
I didn't notice anything bad?

I mean the Scottish commentator was raging that a Glasgow player get yellow carded for being offside (ignoring that it was Glasgow's 11th penalty and they were on a warning), maybe it's all along that line

Edit: seen some people calling the referee bias against Glasgow for....checking the knock on try in the first half (not good enough that he used the TMO - should've ruled it out instantly despite being half the width of the pitch away and separation being split second)
Yeah I can't really comment but enjoying the Quins hate as much as any good person should. Glasgow should have won and managed the game and yellow card period terribly when ahead.

If this was correct, it'd be a bloody good achievement for Quins. Unfortunately it's not, which might be a hard pill for their socials team to swallow.

Yeah I can't really comment but enjoying the Quins hate as much as any good person should. Glasgow should have won and managed the game and yellow card period terribly when ahead.

If this was correct, it'd be a bloody good achievement for Quins. Unfortunately it's not, which might be a hard pill for their socials team to swallow.

For my enjoyment on the part I read after this. When was last time they made Champions Cup QF?

I know the commentators/presenter kept saying it and I was surprised by it.

Apparently the Champions cup started in 2014, different name before then, don't agree with that logic though.