• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Horwill Cited

nealn

Academy Player
Club or Nation
British Irish Lions
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/23018029

Don't recall noticing anything at the time when I watched it live or replayed it earlier... Could be a big loss for the Wallabies if anything is proven

P.S. Don't know if this should be on the 1st Test thread (as this is where the alleged incident occured) or on its own thread as it will potentially affect the series as a whole. Sorry if I've done the wrong thing mods!

Last edited:
Just managed to kick my mum off the TV for a couple of minutes to have a look on Sky+... As the clock turns to 3:00 in the first half AWJ gets tackled by Hooper and ends up on the deck. Horwill goes into the ruck and his foot ends up making contact with the Welshman's face/head. Reluctant to call it a stamp as I couldn't tell whether Horwill knew whether AWJ was there or not. As it was the head if the citing commissioner deems there is guilt I would expect Horwill's series is over.

Didn't notice anything on first viewing, or AWJ complaining. I'll have to re-watch it to check.

Yeah having looked at it a few times in "slow motion" (i.e. pressing play and pause really quickly) I don't nescessarily think that from Horwill's position, with his upper body leaning over other players, he would have been able to see AWJ there.

If he intended to it, then he should be let off on the basis that he has ****ing ninja reflexes.

I agree wasn't really any intent he was focused on the breakdown and AWJ is unlucky his head came out the side like it did.

looked like a very unnatural action from his right leg to cross over and make contact with the players head. I mean why else would he move his leg like that? Cross, stomp and uncross again back to a normal stance....

Watch enough rugby and you can see when things look deliberate or accidental. It just looked very unnatural so for me = deliberate.

Funny how Brett Gosper didn't step in like he did with Adam Thomson's stomp. Fact is this is more dangerous and just as deliberate as what Thomson did.