• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Game of Thrones Discussion [SPOILERS]

Thought it was known that Kit has been an alcoholic for some time?

But no doubt the constant hate currently is only making matters worst hope he wins this battle.

The series ending was about the same as kissing your own sister.........

remember 2019 when the biggest thing we had to worry about was how **** the last season of GoT was
Don't worry I'm not calling you out specifically on this but comments like this really boil my goat. Yes on a global scale 2020 has been quite hellish but it doesn't take into account personal levels and frankly this year will have to throw a hell a lot more at me to be anywhere near as close as to as bad as 2019 was.

That's also not to take away from people who are having a torrid time of it because clearly they are.

Don't worry I'm not calling you out specifically on this but comments like this really boil my goat. Yes on a global scale 2020 has been quite hellish but it doesn't take into account personal levels and frankly this year will have to throw a hell a lot more at me to be anywhere near as close as to as bad as 2019 was.

That's also not to take away from people who are having a torrid time of it because clearly they are.

seriously? no one is allowed to make a joke about how seriously some people took the GoT finale...in the GoT thread... because you had a horrible 2019?

was just going for a bit of levity, obviously GoT was not even in the discussion of actual bad things that happened in 2019....its irony...and this is just the GoT thread....so it was a joke about GoT..

...and there is no way I could possibly know what happened to you in 2019...it wasn't pointed at you...

...saying "im not calling you out on this" doesn't change you calling out..its like leading into a racist joke with "im not racist but..."

why did you come to the GoT thread if you didn't wat to say Scythian about GoT?

Last edited:
seriously? no one is allowed to make a joke about how seriously some people took the GoT finale...in the GoT thread... because you had a horrible 2019?

was just going for a bit of levity, obviously GoT was not even in the discussion of actual bad things that happened in 2019....its irony...and this is just the GoT thread....so it was a joke about GoT..

...and there is no way I could possibly know what happened to you in 2019...it wasn't pointed at you...

...saying "im not calling you out on this" doesn't change you calling out..its like leading into a racist joke with "im not racist but..."

why did you come to the GoT thread if you didn't wat to say Scythian about GoT?
First of my apologies I didn't realise this was the GoT thread, I thought it was the COVID or political ones. If I have not said anything if I had realised.

And no it wasn't directed at you personally and I wasn't taking offence on behalf of stuff you didn't know. That actually was the point you didn't know and many people don't know but make glib comments like that but you are right it's not okay to derail the GoT thread about it.

First of my apologies I didn't realise this was the GoT thread, I thought it was the COVID or political ones. If I have not said anything if I had realised.

And no it wasn't directed at you personally and I wasn't taking offence on behalf of stuff you didn't know. That actually was the point you didn't know and many people don't know but make glib comments like that but you are right it's not okay to derail the GoT thread about it.

fair enough if you through it was a different thread....but still, it wasn't directed to you, so if anyone makes a comment about 2019 being bad you'll be like "mine was worse"

and it wasn't even a glib comment, it was an ironic reference to how seriously people took GoT when there was and is real bad stuff in the world

Says something about how badly it ended that I was such a huge GoT fan but I've not even considered re-watching it during lockdown
Absolutely. I've been getting back into the lore and stuff though and might re-read the books. I'm not done with the world and would gladly watch a spin off series if Benioff and Weiss had nothing to do with it. Was actually excited about the 'long night (Bloodmoon)' spin-off that was canned, but House of the Dragon should be good. I's highly recommend Dunk and Egg to anyone who enjoyed the books. Audiobook is excellent and narrated by Harry Lloyd who played Viserys in the show.

are people really looking forward to this? i'm a bit ambivalent if im honest

are people really looking forward to this? i'm a bit ambivalent if im honest
I'll keep an eye on it, if it turns out to be good I'll have a look, feel a similar way about Amazon's Lord of the Rings show.

Given the way the show floundered once it couldn't rely on the books, I can't say I'm optimistic.

Latest posts