• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Game of Thrones Discussion [SPOILERS]

Isn't the inn hot pie works in very popular and basically the main one on the road heading south? That's why he ended up there, And it's why Brienne and Pod ended up in there as well

Chances might be minuscule but could still happen.
I have had a few encounters like that before to the point where it doesn't bug me that kind of stuff in tv shows.

Last edited:
It depends what you mean by "story". By my definition, there are tens, if not hundreds in the A Song of Ice and Fire books (on which Game of Thrones is based) that have been published so far alone. A lot of what he has written is set in the same world as Game of Thrones in the same was that a lot of Tolkein's fictional prose was set in Middle Earth. His Wikipedia page gives a decent overview.
Are you referring to interwoven tales in the same story?
I'm referring to published books.

It's ok I found it, he has written 9 novels.
He's also written novellas and short stories but in terms of actual novels, it's 9.
Two more potentially due in 2018
This fits in with what Olly was saying earlier that he is meticulous about what he writes and how he weaves it together.
He's not necessarily slow, but he's definitely not prolific.
Well, it sure is working for him.
By the last book I felt like he was losing his way and the story was unravelling. Certainly when compared with the strong plot and story line that kicks off in GoT, the first book.
I haven't watched the TV show since the first series. I thought it lacked the depth of the book and missed out on too much so outside of booby watching, it didn't interest me.
However, as a winter activity I could see myself buying the rest of the series and watching them chronologically.

Last edited:
Have never missed a GOT episode, watching them all live at the same time they see them in the USA. (11 am, Monday in QLD). The author obviously works with the directors, but the latter retain artistic freedom and are serving a totally different market than the author. The proof is obvious - the book was "just a book" until the TV series started and that series is the most watched show on earth. JK Rowling and "Harry Potter" were the reverse. The books were market leaders and the movies average.. Mt wife and I spend the week between episodes guessing what might happen. Unlike my rugby picks, we are both usually wrong. If the 'Canes beat the lions as I expect, John Snow has better watch out when he meets the dragon Queen - but I will still be partially right if he screws her anyway!

Off now to a Christmas in july do, so will no doubt hear a heap of other ideas about GOT - and a much longer conversation about the Super Rugby semis!!

Last edited:
I thoroughly enjoyed the episode.

Missandei has a hot bod! Damn!

Loved the boat scene too! 2 Sand Snakes now dead, and I loved how the Silence's crew got a small scene cutting out tongues...

Theon Greyjoy should just drown like jack did in the ***anic... He's the biggest disappointment for me.

Have never missed any episodes, waiting for the dragon lady to go topless again........it's not happening and I'm getting frustrated.Wow did I say that out loud???

Rumour has it that if you look in the right places on the internet that there are plenty of photos and videos of naked ladies

Rumour has it that if you look in the right places on the internet that there are plenty of photos and videos of naked ladies

I have heard of these rumours too.

i mean you could also just re-watched the episodes where it happens.

@Lourens later tonight.......
giphy.gif

Theon, you Coward!!!!

My initial reaction to Theon jumping overboard. But maybe he could not have done anything. I also think Euron did not kill Yara and will keep her prisoner for the Lannisters.

Looks like the woman seen hanging from the ship was not Yara, but one of the Sandsnake daughters.

Last edited:
I mean what did people expect Theon to do?

This was his first big thing after the whole reek thing, of course he will get PTSD the guy was mercilessly tortured both physically and mentally.

Give the guy a break.

My initial reaction to Theon jumping overboard. But maybe he could not have done anything. I also think Euron did not kill Yara and will keep her prisoner for the Lannisters.

Looks like the woman seen hanging from the ship was not Yara, but one of the Sandsnake daughters.

Yeah, it was the one with the whip, hanging by her weapon of choice, and her sister just behind her with the axe in her back.

Ayra has a mental link with Nymeria and is a skinchanger like Jon and Bran. This hasn't really been focused of outside of the books. So it's stands to reason once she's in the same area as Nymeria again they'd stand to meet up.

Rest of episode was pretty good explained partially why Dany was able to take dragonstone (she's already allied with Highgardeb and Dorne) which I don't think was stated until this episode.

Only thing I did was the extended Millesandre and Greywprm sex scene just went on too long after the orbs were unveiled.

Only thing I did was the extended Millesandre and Greywprm sex scene just went on too long after the orbs were unveiled.

I think that was to let us all remember that Greyworm still has a tongue... Would have been very funny if they started scissoring...

Game of thrones people really do like building their castles in the most geologically precarious positions. A good bit of erosion and they fall into the sea.

Latest posts