• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France v Ireland

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Feb 16 2010, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (King D'arcy @ Feb 15 2010, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Feb 15 2010, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Feb 15 2010, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BOD Dethroned by Bastareaud

Very stupid headline. Bastareaud still has a hell of a lot to prove to deserve such a headline. And even if he becomes awesome, he'll never be that awesome.

I love how journalists always seek the sensational and lose their sense of rationality when it comes to superstars like BOD. They enjoy nothing more than killing them when they fail and blowing them when they succeed[/b]
Hehe. You're being humble. Bastareaud (finally got the spelling right) is the only 13 to get the better of BOD, apart from Umaga - and we know how that happened so it doesn't count!

France can finally lay down the law with a player of that quality. Mind you, he has to do it in Croker next year and Twickenham, and then ... Eden Park 23/10/11.
[/b][/quote]
Ah yeah you're probably being a bit humble there elgringo. He really showed bod up like ive never seen any opposite number show him up before. Bastareaud is a quality 13 and deserves all the praise he gets for his performance. Biggest threat for his career: that his dysfunctional and slightly disturbing personal dilemmas get in the way of his rugby career.
[/b][/quote]
Oh for god sakes...Bastareaud has been of high quality now for what? 2 international games? He had a good game, BOD had a bad game. One thing I have to say this forums is terrible at. I've seen topics like "Elsom the most influential player in the world" due to his one very good season at Leinster, or "Brussow the new McCaw" or "Morne Steyn greatest fly half in the world", and yet while they remain good, they certainly get over hyped. Give Bastareaud 3 more years of making an impact before we rate him that highly. Right now I'd put him behind O'Driscol, Conrad Smith and Fourie. I think he's not even as good as Ma'a Nonu when he moves into centre. I could be wrong, and he may be gods gift to rugby, but let him prove it first.

P.S Loved the Umaga comment lol.
[/b][/quote]
When BOD arrived the quality was there from day one. Basta had a few games for France before this 6N, but you could see the quality against Scotland. I was hoping BOD would teach him some lessons - but it turned out the exact opposite. Obviously he's got different skills to BOD and he's in a good team, but the threat posed is so great that defences will not be able to settle against him, which frees up the attack all over the place. I likes it.

Smith/Fourie/Nonu are minor demons unable to damn the opposition to HELL!

Duffy will start if Kearney is injured. He's solid and will to job for a game. If Kidney picks Earls Wilkinson spend is afernoon kicking up and unders.And Murphy is not in the squad whereas Duffy is.

Kidney is not the kind of manager who puts players out of position.

At last they will be two Connaught players picked in the 22. Cronin on the bench and Duffy at full back

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (seanAF @ Feb 17 2010, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Duffy will start if Kearney is injured. He's solid and will to job for a game. If Kidney picks Earls Wilkinson spend is afernoon kicking up and unders.And Murphy is not in the squad whereas Duffy is.

Kidney is not the kind of manager who puts players out of position.

At last they will be two Connaught players picked in the 22. Cronin on the bench and Duffy at full back[/b]

there's a reason he's at Connacht, barely had a reputation in the Premiership and the only Irish side willing to touch him was Connacht, why no interest from Leinster/Munster/Ulster, not as if they couldn't have done with the option of having another utility player, oh wait he's ****.

Starting Bowe at full back and bringing in Horgan to start with either Trimble/Earls on the wing would be my preferred option. Bowe has shown he's more than versatile enough to cover any position in the outside backs. Plus we might see a bit more counter attacking as well.

If not I'd still take Earls at full back, his highball skills have improved no end and again he'd offer an attacking counter attacking threat, something which Duffy certainly doens't. Bowe and Trimble would then be the wings, with Horgan on the bench.

Oh and the real reason Duffy is in the Irish squad is cause he's a tackle bag.

Also if we wanted a reliable solid performer Kidney still has the option of bringing in Dempsey.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (coonor @ Feb 17 2010, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
why wouldn't Hurley be picked is he injured?[/b]
Think Hurley is more a winger now than FB.
But well I think he'd have chance as it a straight fight between him and Shaggy for wing if Bowe moves to 15 but maybe Shaggy's experience will put him in ahead and even as a Munster man I can't complain either way as both players are on form and playing well!!!!

Look Duffy is the only proper full back left in the squad for the 6N so Kidney will not call Murphy or Dempsey. Earls and Bowe are not full backs.

So Kidney will go with a solid full back who is having his best season since 2004. Give the guy a chance!!!

If Jones wasn't injured I'd pick him.

So the back three vs England will be

11-Earls
14-Bowe
15-Duffy
With Trimble on the bench.

Latest posts