• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

FOX SPORTS Fantasy Super Rugby 2014

I have some questions:

1- Conrad Smith will play Super Rugby this year? Or he will continue his break? Because Richie McCaw had also taken a break but he returned before the agreed time.

2- Who will be the hooker of Reds? Albert Anae or James Hanson?

3- Anyone know if Manuel Carizza has a chance to start in the starting XV of Stormers?

4- I heard that Jerome Kaino could play at number 8 in Blues, that is true?

Cheers

Eben Etzebeth is out for most of the tournament and Bekker is in Japan so I expect Carizza to have at least an equal chance for 1 of the lock berths; De Kock Steenkamp will be our senior lock and then its a coin toss IMO between Carizza, junior Bok Ruan Botha or utility forwards Michael Rhodes and Rynhardt Elstadt.

Could even a NH person join?

Of course. Some of our NH friends actually do quite well.

What about Robbie Fruean? He will begin the season in the starting team of Chiefs?

I'm not sure exactly when sabbatical ends, but I think he is expected to play the majority of the Super Rugby season (if not the whole season).

I expect Saia Faingaa and James Hanson will share the hookinh duties for the Reds as they have in previous seasons. Albert Anae will cover hooker if either is injured, but I suspect we will see more of him at LH prop this season.

I'm sure our South African posters will have a better idea of this, but I would have thought he had a strong chance of starting given Bekker is gone and Etzebeth is currently injured.

Kaino will likely start the majority of games for the Blues this season at 8.

Yep, he is on sabbatical. He is expected back late in the Super Rugby season, ala Richie McCaw last year...

OMG! I must then be removed from my team to one of my favorite players, Conrad :wah:

Last edited:
No clue of what the squads are like this year but I'll give it a go :)

So the challenge again like last year is a round where only few teams play - 1st round - 4 SA teams and only 6 transfers allowed to round two.
Forgot about my wild-card last year, will not make the same mistake again.

So the challenge again like last year is a round where only few teams play - 1st round - 4 SA teams and only 6 transfers allowed to round two.
Forgot about my wild-card last year, will not make the same mistake again.

Ja but this year we have the benefit of knowing what to expect from the Bulls/Cheetahs/Sharks ffringe players and essentially the entire Lions squad.

6 transfers, 7 bench spots that you can bring in and assuming you get 2 or more guys for round 1 that're proven points machines and it might not even be worth it to use the wildcard.

Anyone else keen to play? Only 11 hours until the first round starts!

Pretty happy with my starting lineup for the opening round - it is pretty evenly balanced between Sharks, Cheetahs, and Bulls players (with a token Lions player thrown in).

Nice start 257 points so far 45 in the world wont last though, Had Lambie as Captain 90, Hendrcks 26, Mvovo 25 and Van der Merve as my big scorers.

Has Super Rugby started? Blagh... This was going to be a guessing game anyway. I haven't a clue who the new or decent players are down that way any more since I left. I shall check my points anyway. Maybe if I don't try I'll win heh.

What about Quade Cooper's injury? He will start the Super Rugby season?

Nice start 257 points so far 45 in the world wont last though, Had Lambie as Captain 90, Hendrcks 26, Mvovo 25 and Van der Merve as my big scorers.

Lambie as captain was a masterstroke.

My personal dislike of Lambie (and other Sharks and Bulls players who were the bigger scorers) has cost me.

looks like 7 of us including myself have adopted the strategy of taking a hit in the first round without stacking out team with south Africans.

I suppose the rest will have either 6 trades to chop and change their teams or rely on using their wildcard this week.

it will be interesting to see which method has the most advantage in the next couple of weeks, unfortunately I think I took the wrong strategy in managing the south africa teams only round.

looks like 7 of us including myself have adopted the strategy of taking a hit in the first round without stacking out team with south Africans.

I suppose the rest will have either 6 trades to chop and change their teams or rely on using their wildcard this week.

it will be interesting to see which method has the most advantage in the next couple of weeks, unfortunately I think I took the wrong strategy in managing the south africa teams only round.

I don't unerstand why one wouldn't play round 1 though; there are 6 transfers and 7 bench spots; that's 13 players! If you really don't want a sinlge Saffa player in your XV for round 2 then you could've had 2 NZ/Aus players not playing in round 1. There are many cheap $75K SA options that performed admirably that you could've benched after round 1 without eating into your budget for latter rounds.

Latest posts