• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

FIFA 09

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Oct 3 2008, 03:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If PES get their online sorted this will be the winner I am sure. I have been hearing through the grape vine it is alot better than PES 2008 as Konami admitted they could not handle it as it was multi-platform for the first time in 2008.

PES is all about multiplayer who plays single player now days with online gaming.[/b]
Yep online multiplayer is where its at......I could not be bothered with Manager mode and be a pro etc etc....

Well I rang up the video store two days ago seeing if they had Fifa 09 instore. They said they did not.

I went there yesterday and saw it on the shelf (though it was out). Asked when it was due back.

The guy said "13th of October"

That means somebody hired it out that day for a whole week!

Talk about gutted.

I might have to get another video membership at a store that has the game.

I rented it last night, great game, feels a lot smoother and is a bit more realistic but with the stupid flaws that AK has pointed out brings it down a tad.

Online for me was silky smooth as well. Pity I sucked at it. Needed a bit more time to get used to it.

Will consider purchasing if EA patches it up.

Well I purchased Madden 'cos I need somewhat of a next gen Rugby League fix and this is as close as it gets at the moment, awaiting its arrival in the post, hope it holds my interest.

Yeah don’t get me wrong
It’s a solid ***le â€" no doubt about it â€" but worse than 2008 and Euro â€" and I cant swallow that
In 2009 â€" I am going for a different experience altogether in PES09
Although if PES09 is lagged up like a fool â€" I’ll return that also most probably, and get Euro08 again!

Seriously get ur hands on Euro08 â€" it’s the #1 in my eyes

The Euro 2008 demo was brilliant. I fail to see how they've managed to screw it up from there but it sounds like they have.

Two different teams they reckon working on two different products. Strange EA would have two footie ***les.....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Oct 8 2008, 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Two different teams they reckon working on two different products. Strange EA would have two footie ***les.....[/b]

did a bit of research and it seems HB studios are doing the euro /champions league games while I guess EA canada I think it is does the main fifa games. perhaps HB studios are getting a longer dev time so can get more out of the engine and refine the gameplay more than the main EA team can since they seem to have 12 months or less to develop a game.

yeah I think we all would love that. supposedly they have 6 projects going in some form at the moment hopefully one is a new rugby game.

I write to HB studios once a week asking when Rugby 09 is coming out. Surely one day they will reply <_<

Also, where is locksley these days?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Oct 8 2008, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I wish they would crawl out of that buzzing hive and f***ing make rugby the fools[/b]

I think the PS3 people wouldn't mind. We like things that are for free.

So did you think the full version is good so far?

Not played it yet, I have an article to write so I am not letting myself play it until I'm done!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Oct 12 2008, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Not played it yet, I have an article to write so I am not letting myself play it until I'm done![/b]
Haha that sounds like me doing school work at home.
"I am not allowed another game online until I finish the next segment of my planning"
I spend the whole evening doing schoolwork in segments and rewarding myself with a game of Fifa 08 online everytime another segment is complete.

We should try and set up something... Loving Fifa 09 so far... The Be A Pro: Seasons mode is brilliant...

Latest posts