• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fantasy Rugby Draft 2015 - Super Rugby

Who is going to create our league - I am happy with TRF as a name?
Shaggy to decide on the draft date and time

Yeah, lets keep it within the TRF frame if we can. 'TRF 1' the name then. I too nominate @Shaggy as he'd have a better handle on the details than me.

I'm in as well :)

Good on you both! We really do need a few more Aussies! I suppose you could list @Darwin as 1/2 Aussie or is that insulting? And maybe a South African or two; @heineken?

So, as is we have

Shaggy
Darwin
Gena_ZA
Amobokoboko
TRF_Mr Fish
TRF_stormer2010

I am interested, but looking at the video on the site it seems like you have to be online in very specific windows to take part?

Last edited:
I am interested, but looking at the video on the site it seems like you have to be online in very specific windows to take part?

Yes, that's right, we need to be online at the specified time of our choosing for the actual draft, or you end up with default picks. I highly recommend being on line for this, as it's interesting to see who picks who, and everything happens quite quickly.

As we are spread out over different time zones, If it's okay with everyone else, I'll schedule the draft for a weekend close to the comp kick off. That way the draft time will hopefully not be too disruptive to those of us that may need to be up late for the draft. If you guys can post or PM me if you have preferences for the draft time and date, that would be great.

I have an inactive TRF member who wants to play also, so we are probably getting close to our ten

EDIT:

OK, here's how I currently see it and propose the following:

Shaggy
Darwin
Gena_ZA
Amobokoboko
TRF_Mr Fish
TRF_stormer2010
KiwiDiver (Shaggy's inactive friend)
BakkiesBokke
Gena_ZA friend

... As you can see, we are almost there in terms of players

I suggest a draft date and time of Saturday Feb 7 GMT 19:00

I could be wrong about this, but I think our local times would be as follows:

Shaggy, KiwiDiver = Noon, Saturday Feb 7
Mr Fish = 8 am Sunday Feb 8
Darwin = 5 am Sunday Feb 8
Gena and friend, Stormer and BakkiesBokke (sorry BB, i'm not sure which region you are in) = 9 PM, Saturday Feb 7
Amobokoboko = 8 PM, Saturday Feb 7

I'm flexible with the date and time, but I'm trying to avoid anyone having to get up at stupid O'Clock on a school night :)

What do you think?

Last edited:
@Shaggy

All good with me thanks in regards to the draft date
I'll be flying back from Europe that Friday night, let's hope for no delays
Going to Paris and Geneva on business that week

P.S. My friend's nic is "Willekrugertuin"

Last edited by a moderator:
@Shaggy

All good with me thanks in regards to the draft date
I'll be flying back from Europe that Friday night, let's hope for no delays
Going to Paris and Geneva on business that week

P.S. My friend's nic is "Willekrugertuin"

Tough for some :p

We could probably make it a couple of hours later if you like

Yes, that's right, we need to be online at the specified time of our choosing for the actual draft, or you end up with default picks. I highly recommend being on line for this, as it's interesting to see who picks who, and everything happens quite quickly.

As we are spread out over different time zones, If it's okay with everyone else, I'll schedule the draft for a weekend close to the comp kick off. That way the draft time will hopefully not be too disruptive to those of us that may need to be up late for the draft. If you guys can post or PM me if you have preferences for the draft time and date, that would be great.

I have an inactive TRF member who wants to play also, so we are probably getting close to our ten

EDIT:

OK, here's how I currently see it and propose the following:

Shaggy
Darwin
Gena_ZA
Amobokoboko
TRF_Mr Fish
TRF_stormer2010
KiwiDiver (Shaggy's inactive friend)
BakkiesBokke
Gena_ZA friend

... As you can see, we are almost there in terms of players

I suggest a draft date and time of Saturday Feb 7 GMT 19:00

I could be wrong about this, but I think our local times would be as follows:

Shaggy, KiwiDiver = Noon, Saturday Feb 7
Mr Fish = 8 am Sunday Feb 8
Darwin = 5 am Sunday Feb 8
Gena and friend, Stormer and BakkiesBokke (sorry BB, i'm not sure which region you are in) = 9 PM, Saturday Feb 7
Amobokoboko = 8 PM, Saturday Feb 7

I'm flexible with the date and time, but I'm trying to avoid anyone having to get up at stupid O'Clock on a school night :)

What do you think?

Whilst that time technically works for me I'll have just finished two days of copious drinking due to being at the Wellington Sevens. I'll suck it up though.

Can I join? I wanted to be sure of the draft time before asking since I'm often away for business without proper internet access, but since it is done on a Saturday I can be online for the draft.

Can I join? I wanted to be sure of the draft time before asking since I'm often away for business without proper internet access, but since it is done on a Saturday I can be online for the draft.

No probs, that would make our ten people - I'll go ahead and set it up, and I'll PM you all with the code to access the pool, I'll set it for Saturday Feb 7 GMT 20:00 (1 hour later than I initially suggested) to allow Gena a bit more time to return from his trip, Mr Fish to recover from his sevens activities, and Darwin the more reasonable hour of 6 AM

EDIT: all set up - check your Private Messages for details

EDIT Again - although I set the draft for Saturday Feb 7 GMT 20:00, I have just discovered that I can change it if required

Last edited:
No probs, that would make our ten people - I'll go ahead and set it up, and I'll PM you all with the code to access the pool, I'll set it for Saturday Feb 7 GMT 20:00 (1 hour later than I initially suggested) to allow Gena a bit more time to return from his trip, Mr Fish to recover from his sevens activities, and Darwin the more reasonable hour of 6 AM

EDIT Again - although I set the draft for Saturday Feb 7 GMT 20:00, I have just discovered that I can change it if required

Thanks

+1 for the effort, thanks, @Shaggy!

I'm in and already ordering my 'want list'.

+1 for the effort, thanks, @Shaggy!

I'm in and already ordering my 'want list'.

No worries - @TRF_Mr Fish , @Gena_ZA, @BakkiesBokke , could you please complete the registration process/join the league ... I sent personal messages with the details, let me know if you didn't get them.

Maybe one of the admins should update the thread ***le to 20XV :)

I'll play!

Edit: didn't see there was one more page. Is it a max of 10 people?

Last edited:
I'll play!

Edit: didn't see there was one more page. Is it a max of 10 people?
@jonny24 , @SomeOke, @Conrad Smith

No problem, I have set up another league, TRF 2 , password = trfrocks , it's first in, first served.

I can change the draft time and date too if it doesn't suit.

Latest posts