• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EOYT: Wales v Australia, 01/12/2012

Unlucky Wales, I really hope Halfpenny is ok - looked really bad.

Sharpe nearly got that conversion haha, didn't like the booing, a bit disrespectful but probably understandable.

LMAO at a call for a forward pass. Grasping at straws mate.
Feel pretty sorry for the Welsh supporters atm. Couldnt beat a 3rd string Wallabies side thats been playing crap all year.
Wobblies def didnt deserve the win but big Sharpey did.....my captain!

People will blame Priestland for kicking it away ... but the real problem was the Lineout and the Maul before the end. Should have come away with the points. Had Halfpenny kicked the penalty before half time, who knows. Wales lost it and gave the game away.

But 3rd pot doesn't worry me at all. Should do the other sides. One group could be incredibly tough.

Deffo grasping and deffo a forward pass.

Last edited:
People will blame Priestland for kicking it away ... but the real problem was the Lineout and the Maul before the end. Should have come away with the points.

But 3rd pot doesn't worry me at all. Should do the other sides. One group could be incredibly tough.

EXACTLY. All we had to do was keep the ball. Just pick and drive, pick and drive. Why not even faff around with the 13 man lineout? Predictable, but it would have been better than that.
I'd almost rather be smashed than lose like that, again.

People will blame Priestland for kicking it away ... but the real problem was the Lineout and the Maul before the end. Should have come away with the points. Had Halfpenny kicked the penalty before half time, who knows. Wales lost it and gave the game away.

Deffo grasping and deffo a forward pass.

As a Canada supporter it has me worried, the Band 4 teams could get really screwed by the draw. Might be weird depending on how it goes on Tuesday, it could be an advantage for Canada/United States to finish as America's #2 and not #1. Should they be drawn into the Wales pool. I fancy Tier Two sides much more against Italy, Tonga and Scotland.

Feel pretty sorry for the Welsh supporters atm. Couldnt beat a 3rd string Wallabies side thats been playing crap all year.
Wobblies def didnt deserve the win but big Sharpey did.....my captain!

Wasn't anywhere near a first choice Welsh line up out there, most of our most influential players in the pack are out injured at the moment. Plus not setting the world on fire ourselves!

Dont blame Priestland at all, was just awful defence at the end... dropping off tackles all over the shop. Utterly fed up of this now, and think I might need to distance myself from Welsh rugby for a while, fed up of dealing with defeat snatched from the jaws of victory.

EXACTLY. All we had to do was keep the ball. Just pick and drive, pick and drive. Why not even faff around with the 13 man lineout? Predictable, but it would have been better than that.
I'd almost rather be smashed than lose like that, again.

Nah would not have gone 13 man in that situation.

Serious Butt Hurt right here!

Ah cheers for that delightful comment <_<

Dont blame Priestland at all, was just awful defence at the end... dropping off tackles all over the shop. Utterly fed up of this now, and think I might need to distance myself from Welsh rugby for a while, fed up of dealing with defeat snatched from the jaws of victory.

My first thought when he kicked the ball away was wtf?
Yeah serious brain fart by Priestland imo

Mmm, couldn't have gone any worse!

In hindsight yes, but had the 13 man failed and a try scored from that then we would have said we shouldn't have bothered with the 13 man line outs.

I could argue a load of things that were missed and we didn't get the rub of the green from Barnes but certain members such as Ostrayian and others would say I'm clutching on straws and just a bad loser.

Wales lost it and handed the win on a platter to Australia. A game Wales should never have lost.

In hindsight yes, but had the 13 man failed and a try scored from that then we would have said we shouldn't have bothered with the 13 man line outs.

I could argue a load of things that were missed and we didn't get the rub of the green from Barnes but certain members such as Ostrayian and others would say I'm clutching on straws and just a bad loser.

Wales lost it and handed the win on a platter to Australia. A game Wales should never have lost.
1. True, just the way sport is. Reminds me of when we cocked up a lineout in the third test... Will we learn?
2. Barnes was not great, but not inherently biased.
3. The truth.

1. True, just the way sport is. Reminds me of when we cocked up a lineout in the third test... Will we learn?
2. Barnes was not great, but not inherently biased.
3. The truth.

Colin Charvis buzz word ... 'composure' ... Wales lack a lot of it.

Oh I'm not saying he was biased more that some of the decisions could have / should have gone to Wales.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrg

With 10min left I was feeling quite comfortable, as I felt we were easily the best team and a penalty or try was going to come to hopefully seal the game. But when it got to the lest few mins I knew Aus would do something to change that. I was expecting a long penalty to end the game in a draw, because Aus had done nothing in attack all game, but our defence switched off and that was it.

It is massively frustrating. We were easily the best team, comfortable in defence and actually put some decent stuff together in attack, particularly in the second quarter. Our lineout really let us down though. We lost so many attacking opportunities because our lineout was such a mess.

Priestland deserves massive credit I think for this game. He was superb in just about everything he did. Great distribution especially. Andrews was also good. I can't believe the Aus scrum was being pushed around by a scrum containing Andrews in the first half! I was calling for Samson to come on in the last 20 though, as I felt Andrews looked tired and the Aus scrum was beginning to get a foothold. That might have coincided with Charteris leaving though!

Halfpenny was immense! I really hope he's OK, because that looked very nasty at the end.

Last edited:

Latest posts