• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England World Cup Squad

Actually on the whole no. I think has been relaying posts from here, states they come from a forum and they look familiar
It's actually amusing seeing the ratio of down votes to upvotes on posts on something that apparently 'split' opinion. It's 10:1 ratio in most places. Pretty emphatic most people think its a red.

have you seen the video that Ardie Savea has released....with Reiko Ioane...

Well if that counts as sudden and significant change of direction and is enough to mitigate then pretty much every high tackle like that should be mitigated from now on.
I've just quickly scanned through the report, I can't believe they think Farrell would of been able to conduct a legal tackle if it wasn't for the mitigation. Utter madness did they only watch in slow mo and assume it was real time?

Also I really want to see him stand up from that chair in the thumbnail and have a real Homer Simpson moment

Must admit whilst I think Farrell should've been banned and it was a red card I'm starting to get annoyed with how much the fans of certain nations (especially the Celts) are jumping on it and using it as an excuse to attack him.

The Welsh constantly banging on about player welfare whilst continually picking and cheering on George North every week is a particular highlight.

Must admit whilst I think Farrell should've been banned and it was a red card I'm starting to get annoyed with how much the fans of certain nations (especially the Celts) are jumping on it and using it as an excuse to attack him.

The Welsh constantly banging on about player welfare whilst continually picking and cheering on George North every week is a particular highlight.
That on here or elsewhere, because for me on here, myself included, the English fans have been the most critical of him?

That on here or elsewhere
Avoid social media at all costs,
There are people saying there should be a criminal investigation into the RFU for bribery, and that teams should refuse to play against England if Farrell goes to the RWC
Lot of people attacking Farrell personally (and now A.Farrell for not throwing him under the bus in the press)

Just lowlifes who don't actually care about any of this and just want an excuse to kick off

Avoid social media at all costs,
There are people saying there should be a criminal investigation into the RFU for bribery, and that teams should refuse to play against England if Farrell goes to the RWC
Lot of people attacking Farrell personally (and now A.Farrell for not throwing him under the bus in the press)

Just lowlifes who don't actually care about any of this and just want an excuse to kick off
ah ok, yeah that's ridiculous then.

So does everyone now think Steward needs to move to 12?

Im curious why?

Im curious why?
If we had a full back who's better to replace him you could argue it's an idea. (i don't think there is) It's not like the number 8 position where you can make a strong arguement for better players not being picked.

I'm more curious to know what's changed opinion on Steward. He's gone from in the space of a season being the one England player who might get in a world XV to not being good enough. I can't see any real change in his game other than the whole team is performing poorly. It's pretty hard to soar like an eagle surrounded by turkeys.

Last edited:
I've not seen anyone say Steward should move to 12?

I don't think Steward isn't good enough, just think he needs to be in the right kind of backline as his pace is an issue at international level - Watson being back will help that a lot

Im curious why?
No.

It's another English disease though. Big guy who looks pretty good in the back 3, always attracts calls to be played at IC.
Happens with Cokanasiga, happened with Banahan, happened with Stimpson, hell it happened with Ben Cohen who'd have had to displace Greenwood, Catt and Abbott (and Barkely, because... Bath) to get any chance at the 12 shirt.

Last edited:
If we had a full back who's better to replace him you could argue it's an idea. (i don't think there is) It's not like the number 8 position where you can make a strong arguement for better players not being picked.

I'm more curious to know what's changed opinion on Steward. He's gone from in the space of a season being the one England player who might get in a world XV to not being good enough. I can't see any real change in his game other than the whole team is performing poorly. It's pretty hard to soar like an eagle surrounded by turkeys.
He's had some speed issues exposed when having to turn quickly, but tbh for me it's a few people trying to find a magic solution when there isn't one. We had years of not have a good fullback in the air and then as soon as we get one people focus on the other things he's not as good as. For some reason we seem to want players to do everything. The whole point of building a team is to compensate for other players weaknesses, but instead we seem to criticise a player if he can't do everything.

Latest posts