• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England World Cup Squad

I will be fair to the England supporters here

I've not noticed one dissagreement that the red card for Farrell wasnt warranted
Even Andy "Adams is milking this" Goode didn't suggest that it was anything other than a red card. Every other English poster & podcast simply debated the length of the likely ban…

I will be fair to the England supporters here

I've not noticed one dissagreement that the red card for Farrell wasnt warranted
At the time I was just thinking "why is he wasting time sending this for a review?"

At the time I was just thinking "why is he wasting time sending this for a review?"
Might have been interesting if the ref had sent him off directly instead of passing the buck to review

Maybe the appeal might have failed as an on field decision.

Try this vid, I normally avoid this poster but he has some interesting shots of players reactions particularly Farrell himself, he knew he'd been caught

Might have been interesting if the ref had sent him off directly instead of passing the buck to review

Try this vid, I normally avoid this poster but he has some interesting shots of players reactions particularly Farrell himself, he knew he'd been caught

The offload from Williams was several miles forward.

The offload from Williams was several miles forward.
We had this discussion from the 6N about an Irish pass forward or not, this was completely less than that.

Does a forward pass then absolve all English players from committing foul play ala Farrell and Steward?

I think I've made my feelings clear on the red.

I'm just making an observation that it really shouldn't have got that far.

I have a boks bias but I can't stop watching that stupid channel. The OTT music over the top is like an 80s cop drama.

Times reporting that the full Farrell judgement will not be published so we won't even be able to see the full rationale.

Anyway its done...time to move on. Farrell can play.

So will SB go for Farrell or Ford at 10? Farrell wasnt great and Ford controlled the game when he came on...Ford all day long for me.

So will SB go for Farrell or Ford at 10? Farrell wasnt great and Ford controlled the game when he came on...Ford all day long for me.
I really hope that they expected a ban so were planning on using Ford, but got a feeling we might see Ford/Farrell 10/12, then maybe Ford on his own vs Fiji, so they've had a look at all the 10s in various combos

Farrell fulls under Jonny Sexton no banning Captains for key games law.
"Let's just ban him for 3 games again and apply all the usual mitigation. I'm sure he is genuinely sorry even though this is the billionth time he's tackled like this and he only went to tackle school at the the start of this year. It's not like he'll miss any key games."
"Nope, then he'd miss the start of the world cup."
"So?"
"So this is England, every game will be a key game."
"Oh so...downgrade to yellow?"
"Yep, guess we must."

Latest posts