• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England World Cup Squad

Do you see Arundell a winger or fill back?
I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure he's only played Wing for England, so that's where I consider they'd play him again.

If Arundell had gotten a consistent run of games for England I might be saying something different, but I just think Murley offers a better all around game, and better suits the game plan SB will try to implement.

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure he's only played Wing for England, so that's where I consider they'd play him again.

If Arundell had gotten a consistent run of games for England I might be saying something different, but I just think Murley offers a better all around game, and better suits the game plan SB will try to implement.

He's pretty much only ever started pro games at FB which was why there was a bit of a fuss when he started on the wing v Ire. I think you're right that his bench cameos have been on the wing though.

Given the disrupted season he's had he hasn't banked the experience we might have hoped so I'm guessing it will be bench again in France (I'm pretty certain he'll travel).

Who to start with Watson? Don't know, but if he shows up OK in camp I'm have having a sneaky £5 on Coka.

Arundell should be taking over the FB role from steward over the next few years but isn't really ready for anything but cameos yet. Murley could be our May replacement to partner Watson. Two different kettles or fish.

As for the 12 shirt. I can't think of a season when the best 12 in the premiership wasn't foreign. All the great 12s in the prem can't play for England. Kelly has been good and is the exception in that he's been a good 12 but in general a lot of the premiership have had foreign players 12s.

Arundell should be taking over the FB role from steward over the next few years but isn't really ready for anything but cameos yet. Murley could be our May replacement to partner Watson. Two different kettles or fish.

As for the 12 shirt. I can't think of a season when the best 12 in the premiership wasn't foreign. All the great 12s in the prem can't play for England. Kelly has been good and is the exception in that he's been a good 12 but in general a lot of the premiership have had foreign players 12s.
Brad Barritt back in the day?

Theres hope at 12. They just need to get their heads down next season and really get gametime and learn...

Dan Kelly - Leicester
Ethan Grayson - Saints
Max Ojomoh - Bath
Seb Atkinson - Gloucester - Looks very good!
Olly Hartley - Saracens

Ethan Grayson got released I think. I seem to remember he's going to Ealing?

I'm hoping Hayden Hyde at Quins settles at 12. IMO, he has the frame and the skill set to be the long term replacement for Esterhuizen and with Will Joseph's arrival he'd be at best 4th choice 13 (behind Joseph, Northmore, Anyanwu and probably Beard too)z

Is he? Hes looked a prospect everytime ive seen him. Ill keep an eye on that one.

I forgot about Anwanyu at Quins. Raw, but really looks to be something to work with.

Olly Hartley will be the future England 12 i reckon. Honestly think hes the real deal. 6ft 4, slightly light at (15st) but that is according to all Rugby. Compared to Estherhuizen, hes 1 inch taller and 3st lighter but Hartley is only 21.

Ethan Grayson got released I think. I seem to remember he's going to Ealing?

I'm hoping Hayden Hyde at Quins settles at 12. IMO, he has the frame and the skill set to be the long term replacement for Esterhuizen and with Will Joseph's arrival he'd be at best 4th choice 13 (behind Joseph, Northmore, Anyanwu and probably Beard too)z

I'm expecting Ireland to come for Hyde tbh if he has promise

I think it was more of the latter. For whatever reason, it didn't work out for him at Ulster. I imagine that would make him a little hesitant to try again, particularly if he's getting game time at Quins. He's 22 now though so he needs to make a proper breakthrough soon if he's really going to make it.

I've been fairly impressed with what I've seen from Woodward with the U20s. At the very least, he looks like a natural 12.

I mean it's inside centre size isn't everything

Reality is unless you are Manu it's generally low priority
True but he's highly skilled too. Think his development at Sarries will be very strong. Will be interesting to see how he balances into that Sarries midfield with Farrell playing 10

Seb Atkinson has played well for Gloucester aswell mind. Another to watch with interest next season...and hes a towering 5'10 i think... :D

A converted Saffa.

A converted fly half!

Can think of worse traits than running hard in a straight line and tackling like a tank. And very strong leadership credentials which we lack. He's only 36, reckon he could get fit over the summer? 😀

Olly Hartley will be the future England 12 i reckon. Honestly think hes the real deal. 6ft 4, slightly light at (15st) but that is according to all Rugby. Compared to Estherhuizen, hes 1 inch taller and 3st lighter but Hartley is only 21.

Is he Will Greenwood in disguise? Does he dye his hair blonde?

We're bandying around all kinds of names and it's great to see some potential at 12. But none of the up and comers have yet made a really persuasive case to be the succession plan.

Latest posts