• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England World Cup Squad

Moon has been solid as the right head lock but Cole's seems to play blind side mostly so I'm not sure I'd have him for England until he nails a starting spot with us.

I must say though that Cole's is excellent at what he does. His handling, ball skills, tackling, line out work. He's definitely got international level skills, just need him to own a starting spot and push on.
And 6'7 isn't he? So a direct club replacement for Lawes at 6? Ha ha

I think Isiekwe's stand out strength is his aerial ability. He is a very good lineout jumper on both attacking and defensive lineouts. Added to a very good engine, that makes him a very decent player to have. Not enough to be a regular starter at test level though. His carrying is also weak for such a big man

Agree totally on the aerial ability. Not just line outs but kick offs too. Absolute stand out.

He's a naturally big strong heavy guy. Carrying not his forte but it's noticeable how often he's the first man after the ball carrier to hit a ruck. Bit old school in some ways, a bit Kruis, quite happy doing the dirty work to allow others to shine. He should definitely have a part to play.

With lawes going and the amount of talent we have in non jumping back rows I would have isiekwe as the fourth lock. Young enough to improve on the carry, and has the build.

Not wholly convinced Steve doesnt see George martin as the heir apparent to lawes and we will need 2 locks.

And 6'7 isn't he? So a direct club replacement for Lawes at 6? Ha ha
I don't know about that … Saints' more recent back row signings suggest to me that he might be being thought of as a lock who can cover 6 rather than vice versa. I definitely think he has more potential as a mobile, athletic lock than a flanker.

I am really interested to see how the third place game goes tbh. He is right, World Cup was about par and a very good final performance has somewhat eased the fear about the future, and distracted my mind from the turds of the past year and mediocre at best early stages. Is this the new England or a Cup competition in actions. Does it even matter since we enter a new cycle?

Not wholly convinced Steve doesnt see George martin as the heir apparent to lawes and we will need 2 locks.
Really hope not after Saturday, Martin seems like just the kind of bruiser* we need alongside Itoje or Chessum in the engine room, and there's no point making the back row even more of a bunfight than it already is.

*Kruis-er

Really hope not after Saturday, Martin seems like just the kind of bruiser* we need alongside Itoje or Chessum in the engine room, and there's no point making the back row even more of a bunfight than it already is.

*Kruis-er
Oh for sure, I am with you I want him as a lock, if he can consistently hit Saturday levels he is what we have been crying out for, for years.

But Borths likes a jumping 6 and has seemed to like him there in the past.

Oh for sure, I am with you I want him as a lock, if he can consistently hit Saturday levels he is what we have been crying out for, for years.

But Borths likes a jumping 6 and has seemed to like him there in the past.
Hopefully Saturday was just the start of what he can become.

Itoje coming back to form, Martin and Ollie Chessum offer a set of locks rhay could develop in to a strong group...

Add one more in...and hopefully develop nicely.

It'll be interesting how they go with 6. A tall 6 or more pacy.

Ted Hill out for months now so he won't be anywhere near if he ever was going to be.

Borthers loves spreadsheets too much to call up Hill,
I've always been a huge fan of his but stats last season were appalling (somehow)

Saturday was very poor tactically and we lost the game due to those tactics. So while we defended well for a change, if that is the New England then count me out as our attacking play was terrible, our tactics poor and our captain a bit of a prick.

I am worried that SB will continue with this terrible set of tactics and probably keep on some of the terrible players as well.

Saturday was very poor tactically and we lost the game due to those tactics. So while we defended well for a change, if that is the New England then count me out as our attacking play was terrible, our tactics poor and our captain a bit of a prick.

I am worried that SB will continue with this terrible set of tactics and probably keep on some of the terrible players as well.

:rolleyes:

Latest posts