England vs Wales - 12/08/23

9. Mitchell (assuming JVP out)
10. Ford
11. Arundell
12. Manu
13. Daly
14. Waton
15. Steward

Realistically that's the best we can likely put out imo but would rather bring in a few others from outside the squad
Can't play Arundell after today, surely
Only thing he did all game was get elbowed in the face competing for the high ball and give away a very poor yellow card

Then again Malins/Daly don't fill me with confidence - maybe start Marchant on the wing?

Quirke really should not be in the conversation at all, he's had maybe 2 or 3 good games this season

Only thing he did all game was get elbowed in the face competing for the high ball and give away a very poor yellow card

Then again Malins/Daly don't fill me with confidence - maybe start Marchant on the wing?

Quirke really should not be in the conversation at all, he's had maybe 2 or 3 good games this season
I completely get where you're coming from. The fundamental issue is the 33 is just not good enough though

I completely get where you're coming from. The fundamental issue is the 33 is just not good enough though
Yeah, very valid point

Said it last week: These performances should be prompting additional callups,
Yet here we are, stuck with our choices

With people suggesting quirke so much I just assume people dont watch sale much. Warr been excelent and benched quirke. Quirke not kicked on at all.

Did Arundell get any service?. A prime Lomu would struggle in this England team.

I can't explain it or prove it, but does anyone get the hunch this England team doesn't wanna play with Owen Farrell as captain? Just something doesn't sit right for me- it's as if they've suddenly releases the shackles since he went off the field.

I wonder if he's a captain that's instilling fear rather than belief?

As I say, purely a hunch from watching. Completely open to critique on this one!
You could have a point
Had more bad than good imo
think that's harsh in a game where few were particularly good outside of a poor kick or two I didn't note much negative and he didn't do badly ball in hand.

I'm struggling to feel any more than depressed. I'm certainly not going to celebrate a laboured win against a Welsh second string side.

That said, Farrell getting a ban is probably a blessing.

I'm just looking at that French squad line up think how glad I am it wasn't them England lined up against they'd have put a cricket score on in the first half and decided not to bother risking injury coming out the second.

I know it's a world Cup....you dont mess about but in this squad we have a host of youngsters who are the future as opposed to a few old guys who are on the wane.

We may be forced to actually just give the kids the exposure this wc to start rebuilding for the next 6n etc.

Arundell was OK. His defence looks solid, and we know he can attack. He just needs games now.

I know it's a world Cup....you dont mess about but in this squad we have a host of youngsters who are the future as opposed to a few old guys who are on the wane.

We may be forced to actually just give the kids the exposure this wc to start rebuilding for the next 6n etc.
Ah, I don't think Arundell is the future though tbh
I'm not on the hype train yet

Latest posts