• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs Italy

As much as I love Marler Olly you have to admit he looked nervous in his saxons debut. Give it some months and straight into World Cup squad for the lad ;)

Thought he looked better than Corbisiero in that match,
Took Marler a few minutes to get stuck in, but then generally had a good match, much like Twelvetrees and Tuilagi who looked very subdued for the first 15

I suppose in some areas. Who could forget that try saving tackle he made when he lined his man up and smashed him off the pitch :p

Wow... I expected a quick try but 3 minutes is amazing. Chris Ashton once again

Good try by Ashton, but does he always have to look like such a tosser scoring it?

Disrespectful if you ask me, just put the ball down and celebrate afterwards!

How is this disrespectful? He throws a hand in the air. Alan Shearer celebrated in an almost similar way his whole career in football. Nothing wrong with it.

How is this disrespectful? He throws a hand in the air. Alan Shearer celebrated in an almost similar way his whole career in football. Nothing wrong with it.

I agree with Cymro. Pointing to the crowd, and then do a silly starfish style dive, is pure arrogance. First of all, you run the risk of dropping the ball, and ruining your own teams hard work, and second of all, show boating before you score a try, is very much a slap in the face. Put the ball down you twit, and then celebrate.

Gotta agree with Cymro, it is just disrespectful to start celebrating when the try/penalty has yet to be scored

Nice interception from Bergamasco

Disrespectful in everyway, Shearer never did it before scoring and rugby is not football, different sports. He said he was not going to do the swan dive and still did it. I would argue its ungentlemanly conduct / unsportsmanlike which is a penalty in the law book!

BTW

TRY - Ashton

England 17 - 6 Italy

Last edited:
Another try to Ashton, who seems to be on everyones sholder.

England are just dominating now, this could turn into a Basketball match.

3 tries in 30 minutes... It's nice to see that someone besides Ashton can still score a try ;)

Disrespectful in everyway, Shearer never did it before scoring and rugby is not football, different sports. He said he was not going to do the swan dive and still did it. I would argue its ungentlemanly conduct / unsportsmanlike which is a penalty in the law book!

I guess we disagree there. I think passing the tryline and waiting to put the ball down is disrespectful. This what Ashton does is maybe not the nicest thing to do but I personally don't see a problem with it

Italy seems to be even less creative than normal.

Try to Tindall. England are killing.

Latest posts