• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs Italy

Good news, like the look of him better than Wilson in my opinion.

Conflicting reports from different people in the England camp,
Some people are saying "We're not going to play aerial ping pong!" and others saying "We want to win - not play pretty"

We're doomed to arial ping pong then. It looks like England will never play pretty, running rugby if theres a chance to slog out a win by a last minute drop goal and loads of slow boring kicking and pick and go. :(

He's gone up against him in the Aviva before (I presume?) - I'll reserve judgement until I see him on there, but it's not the best guy to go up against
Why couldn't he start off against Hayes or Buckley? :p

Yep, and every time Leicester and Irish have locked horns, he's been pushed right through the back of his own scrum. Hopefully Palmer & Wood are feeling grunty.

Scrum.com informs me that Irish conceded a penalty try last time they played Tigers
Wooo!
They should stick Shaw in the secondrow and switch Wood/Haskell around, that'll add a bit more grunt (if Haskell's nothing else, he's a big lump)

Scrum.com informs me that Irish conceded a penalty try last time they played Tigers
not going to happen definitely, as a whole english front row is more skilled and stronger than italian's

not too confident about scrums now. What passed me by completely when I first heard is how un-Johnson this selection is. Since when has he ever thrown a young, uncapped player right into the firing line?

I really would have expected Wilson to start and Corbisiero to be on the bench
I was also surprised when Corbisiero was actually called up from the Saxons, would've expected an old guy to get called up

Shame it wasn't Marler, think he's a better scrummager than Corbisiero - In fact I think Lee Imiolek is too, but hey ho, can't have everything, at least Johnson's still bringing through new players :D

not too confident about scrums now. What passed me by completely when I first heard is how un-Johnson this selection is. Since when has he ever thrown a young, uncapped player right into the firing line?

Matt Mullan made his debut in this fixture last year.

Oh, and Payne is playing for wasps

Shame Mullan has been injured so much, he looked a good prospect

Odd about Payne,
But then Abendanon was replaced through injury and is playing against Sale tonight
Suppose they just picked up one or two day injuries so couldn't train fully

All i want to see is Ashton score again.....with or without the supeman dive

Do we still have that 10 post limit? Perhaps that is what's occurring

Latest posts