• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs Italy

I'm no great fan of Deacon, our bench was fairly **** **** ****, Hape and Tindall drive me to distraction... but basically I can live with the same team again.

Ah to hell with it, they should call up Manu and 36 and try them out. Twickenham vs Italy is about the best chance they're going to get within the next 12 months, otherwise we're f'ed if any players go missing come the world cup.

I'm no great fan of Deacon, our bench was fairly **** **** ****, Hape and Tindall drive me to distraction... but basically I can live with the same team again.
Aye, I was thinking that before, as much as I want some changes, it get's the job done in an undramatic way
Could be worse, but could be better

Manu tualagi looks to be the next big thing....Better player than the other brothers already or very soon will be I would say :/

They all play in different styles:
Andy - Won't pass, butters his hands before the game to ensure every carry ends in a knockon, replaces the butter with glue at half time to ensure he's also pinged for not releasing
Henry - Backrower
Alex - Freight Train

Having said that, if I had to choose a Tuilagi for my team, it'd be Manu - He's like a more agile Alex, can break people in two, but can also dart around the place

Manu nearly looks the best already, almost certainly will be the best... but needs to fix his defence. Ditto 36. Its too early for either of them.

Completely disagree that our bench was '****' I thought Thompson, Wilkinson and Shaw all had a really good impact on the game.....

From EPS, I hope we go:

1. Sheridan
2. Hartley
3. Cole
4. Shaw
5. Palmer
6. Haskell
7. Wood
8. Easter
9. Youngs
10. Flood
11. Cueto
12. Hape (because the choice of centres in the EPS is ****)
13. Tindall
14. Ashton
15. Foden

16. Thompson
17. Wilson
18. Skivington
19. Dowson
20. Simpson
21. Wilkinson
22. Strettle (because he's the better of 3 evils out of Banahan & Abendanon)

I'd pretty much go with that too,
I don't like Strettle, but he is getting better at Sarries.
Cueto is capable of covering 15 if Foden gets injured in the game, so you could bring Strettle onto the wing and put Cueto to 15, or just bring Strettle on for Cueto/Ashton - Abendanon can play wing, but I've never been impressed with him there, and if he's not starting at 15, I'd rather someone else on the bench

Point is moot though, as Banahan will be there (if not starting)

The entire back 3 is interchangeable, Ashton however isn't as strong with the boot as Foden or Cueto on the clearances.

Corbisiero and Simpson-Daniel have been called up to replace Payne and Abendanon, respectively

I'd have them both on the bench,
Sinbad is class, and Corbisiero looks a good prospect, and plays both sides of the scrum to a decent standard (though is a loosey at heart - but still did a good job at Tighthead vs Italy A)

England in for a big win Italy won't put in 2 good performances in a row Ashton and Foden will get about 5 tries between them and Flood will kick the conversions

Sinbad will be back with Gloucester by Saturday, Abendanon was never going to figure in the 22.

Really good news about jsd. It does suggest that mj is being bit less conservative. So, send bananaman off to fruit land and bring in jsd. Hopefully wood keeps his place.

In the longer term i think we may have seen the beginning of the end for worseley because we've seen that wood can cover both 6 and 7.

Does anyone think mj might rest youngs and try out Simpson? be cool but i guess he will, justifiably, pick his best team i.e youngs.

Sinbad will be back with Gloucester by Saturday, Abendanon was never going to figure in the 22.

Unfortunately true,
Don't see the point in calling up players, as it is, because they never, ever, feature in the squad

I'm not sure, about MJ playing Simpson,
I'd love to see him get a run out, and think his most likely position this 6N will be off the bench,
It's a matter of whether Youngs or Care gets dropped hopefully Care will be "rested" (despite only playing 15mins) for Simpson
I don't want to see Care playing 60+minutes of a match

Latest posts