• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs Italy

Tough for JSD to get into the back three for England, to much quality there at the mo.

Really good news about jsd. It does suggest that mj is being bit less conservative. So, send bananaman off to fruit land and bring in jsd. Hopefully wood keeps his place.

In the longer term i think we may have seen the beginning of the end for worseley because we've seen that wood can cover both 6 and 7.

Does anyone think mj might rest youngs and try out Simpson? be cool but i guess he will, justifiably, pick his best team i.e youngs.

I think it is fair to say that a lot of us would be very surprised if England lost this game. Despite the fact that Italy played well against Ireland even though Ireland were not at their best England are playing in good form at the moment. The pack could be a problem as the Italian pack is very dominant although I'm sure we will take the victory especially with the Twickenham atmosphere. I think the score will be 32-12 to England.

Was kinda hoping to have both Wood and Dowse back this week. Ah well.

Why why why (delilah) doesn't Johnson at least try a different 12? Hapes form doesn't warrant *however many* starts in a row
Should've given Flutey a go in this match

With a wee bit of Luck, Italy can hold their spot as number 4 in the tournament after this weekend.
Common Azzuri.

tbh I don't think Flutey would do that much better at this stage of his career. While the EPS remains as it is (which I'm not happy with), I'm happy with Hape (if you excuse the pun).

Italia XV

15 Luke McLean, 14 Andrea Masi, 13 Gonzalo Canale, 12 Alberto Sgarbi, 11 Mirco Bergamasco, 10 Luciano Orquera, 9 Pablo Canavosio, 8 Sergio Parisse (c), 7 Alessandro Zanni, 6 Valerio Bernabo, 5 Quintin Geldenhuys, 4 Carlo Antonio Del Fava, 3 Martin Castrogiovanni, 2 Leonardo Ghiraldini, 1 Salvatore Perugini.

16 Fabio Ongaro, 17 Andrea Lo Cicero, 18 Santiago Dellape, 19 Robert Barbieri, 20 Fabio Semenzato, 21 Kris Burton, 22 Gonzalo Garcia

*didn't see Duckdee's post* :p
Arrow_pointing_upwards.png

What he said!

What did he say? I'm not scrolling all the way up there just to read soemthing you could easily post again down here. Dont be so selfish ffs.

What did he say? I'm not scrolling all the way up there just to read soemthing you could easily post again down here. Dont be so selfish ffs.

I apologise, I have brought shame and dishonour on my name and my ancestors
hari-kari.jpg

I have a horrible feeling that England are going to play rubbish in this game i.e. kick alot and play pick and go rugby which suits the Italians strengths. I don't know why, but we never perform well against 'bad' teams. Last year against Italy was just terrible for instance. I think we are going to win. But we need more than that to build on against Scotland, France and Ireland. We need to put loads of points on the board and not let the Italians back into the game by taking our 'eye off the ball' so to speak. I doubt we're going to do that though....

Ooh and who else thinks that Queto should play in the centre? That pass to Ashton against Wales to set up the try was just the sort of thing a centre should do. Obviously it's never going to happen because he's never played there before (as far as I know) so it's just wishfull thinking, but I think he would be a step up from Tindall or Hape.

Italy should be able to score some points, with some luck it will be a close game.
Will be watching it in the pub.

Conflicting reports from different people in the England camp,
Some people are saying "We're not going to play aerial ping pong!" and others saying "We want to win - not play pretty"

Latest posts