• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs Fiji 26th August 23

Heavens just opened in the Midlands, thunder and lightning the lot, looks like it'll hit Twickenham at 3pm - that'll do wonders for our handling!
They couldn't handle the ball in Cardiff with the roof closed

Didn't someone say that with the roof closed, the amount of condensation etc meant that the ball was just as wet? I've never been to the millennium with the roof closed so can't comment but sure I've read that somewhere.

Didn't someone say that with the roof closed, the amount of condensation etc meant that the ball was just as wet? I've never been to the millennium with the roof closed so can't comment but sure I've read that somewhere.
Yes. My relations were there and they said it was horrible in there, humid and lots of condensation.

Yeah the commentary mentioned it either during the 6N or during the autumn internationals

I'm counting down the minutes until I'll be bored watching us:

A) kick away good ball
B) lose to Fiji
C) watch SB change the gameplan for this one game and us to play amazingly but to revert to type for next week

I have a horrible feeling FS is going to be exposed hugely today.

I say this in a jokey way but what did SB expect selecting so many injury prone players. All we need is Manu and Lawrence to go down to complete the group.
It looks like Jamie George has managed to avoid an injury/red card today, but I still reckon hooker is where the next problems will lie. All those minutes that Walker hasn't had are almost bound to come back and haunt England.

Walker was out for like 2 months with a calf injury - definitely the kind of injury that's ripe for a recurrence on his first sprint

I really don't get why Rodd isn't getting some minutes in this game

Honestly, at least add something in front of god save the king to give people a chance to sing in time. Even the professional then got caught out. Just an extra 5 seconds at the start.

Liking the tempo so far. Even though it's led to a turnover I'd rather we took risks like that than just play dull rugby.

Yay a try...honestly I'm not even that excited by it. Poor tackling and a defence that isn't putting us under much pressure.

Latest posts