• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England v Samoa

eot345...pretty sure croft came last week with a sort of ankle/leg injury, not sure on his fitness, but probably a good rest for him before South Africa.

I think the coaching guys have got a reasonable team out. Johnson was saying that, especially at this time, keeping a squad that have been winning is eesential in building up to thw 6 nations and of course the world cup.

Interesting times for England rugby..

I'm pretty happy with english rugby in general at the mo
we beat Aus twice

johnsons stoped jizzing all over a shite tim payne and an off form Wilko (who is now back on form untile his injury)

i can see us peaking to win the world cup once again :lol::lol:

Smart selection. Lots of good club combinations in the backs, 9&10, 12&13, 14&15. Haskall is a good player, you don't start for Stade if you're not. Would have thought people would stop *****ing about a lack of more exiting players in the squad at this stage - Johno's primary aim and one I emphasize with is for England to beat Samoa and SA comprehensively, then the core can confidently have claimed two big SH scalps. Then in the 6 nations he can bring the younger more exiting players through - against Scotland and Italy they can be tested.

Haskell USED to be an idiot, i think he's good now.
Ever since he left Wasps he's been getting better and better, he was our best player this time last year (though that doesn't really say much the way we were playing)

all this about us peaking for world cups is bullshit. 1999, we were expected to do much better than a QF. 2003 we were favourites and won it. 2007 we peaked at some point after it begun and fell off before it ended.

the current form has been a long time coming and would have happened earlier had our coach(es) had half an ounce of imagination, balls and faith between them.

It's been mentioned before but this game needs to have the same level of performance as last week. If they don't and return the the England of last Autumn then the Aussie game will be seen as a fluke.

It's been mentioned before but this game needs to have the same level of performance as last week. If they don't and return the the England of last Autumn then the Aussie game will be seen as a fluke.

beating aus twice and losing to a NZ team that bet scotland by 43 points by just 10 is no fluke.. we will beat Samoa by more than 20 points we will also beat SA by 7

IMO

I think England will keep approving and stopping tuilagi playing is the way to shut down samoa completely. IFoden and ashton should definately stay in the team as they bring that extra energy we have been missing the last few years.

£40 for tickets and transport. Boom baby!

Which other TRFers are going to this one?

Excellent deal Bullitt. Seen as last week it was â'¬50 and â'¬100 this week for ticket alone in Aviva stadium

It's not all win-win though: I'll be going on a bus full of Tigers Fans! :lol:

But Ginger it like Bullitt it not all win-win because you've to watch Scotland :)

And, for that matter, P Divvys Springboks!

Anyhew, I repeat; Which TRFers are at Twickenham this weekend and may fancy a drinky poos before the match?

Won't be there Bullitt but would nearly prefer that than the Irish game although big game on Sunday :)
Munster in ML

SOunds a plan to me. Not sure which pub I'll be headed towards yet; Usually it's the Winning Post or Webb Ellis but can let you know once I know the plan closer to the time!

Latest posts