• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England EPS 2017/18 edition.

The problem with Farrell at 10 is it has a pretty dire track record and it can't all be put down to coincidence. 2013 thrashing, both world cup losses and struggling in the first Aus game all with Farrell at 10. On the flip side we have had far more success with Ford at 10.

Steered Sarries to two European Cup's from fly half, so not sure he can take the sole blame for that. Plus Burrell at 12 for the Aus game...

Steered Sarries to two European Cup's from fly half, so not sure he can take the sole blame for that. Plus Burrell at 12 for the Aus game...

True but Sarries and internationals are very different issues. At Sarries he used to have the biggest armchair ride of pretty much any FH in the world. England's forwards don't dominate like Sarries forwards used to. I'm not saying he takes the sole blame but him playing at 10 is one of the few consistent points in all of England's worst performances of the last few years and I don't believe he has played at 10 in any of our best ones, apart from our win over NZ.

Must be a huge headache for him in the centres, with Slade's current form. Agreed last time he put an England shirt on he wasn't great, but with the more games he should be able to transfer that form. Would love a Farrell/Teo/Slade partnership to be tried, never will be though.
Why not Farrell Burgess slade whent well pre world cup

The problem with Farrell at 10 is it has a pretty dire track record and it can't all be put down to coincidence. 2013 thrashing, both world cup losses and struggling in the first Aus game all with Farrell at 10. On the flip side we have had far more success with Ford at 10.

Only with Farrell holding his hand
Except when Farrell was playing 10 or 12 for the lions

Supposedly fighting it out with Scotland to cap the Gloucester scrum half Vellacott?

Is he any good?

:D

Excellent. I found the BBC article leaning towards England stealing him from under Scotland's noses, but he very much seems like an Englishman.

Haven't you heard? Only England poach players. I mean look at us, taking a guy born and raised in England playing for an English club, clear poaching. England will be taking players born north of Birmingham and west of Oxford at this rate!

Yes, rapid.

And he's very, very English, as someone on his wikipedia is clearly trying to point out!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Vellacott

He does seem more english than scotish, the scotish are the thieves here ;).

But i know he's rapid but is he close to international level or are we going to cap him soon so scotland cant, then not use him?

Will he overtake robson as the peoples 3rd choice or disappear like maunder?

Last edited:
I doubt he'll get close to England - if Robson can't, when he's comfortably the best 9 in England, then is EJ gonna look past him at Vellacott?

He'll probably go all Nick Mallet and stick Haskell there before calling up another 9 if there's a run of injuries

Maybe not at the moment (almost certainly not at the moment).

But he's definitely a potential multi-capper, I'd be very happy to see the scum cock-blocked.

hahaha it just says 'rugby union player' now.

To be fair he is English so it should definitely not say 'Scottish Rugby Union player'.

England U20 EPS Squad 2017/18

Forwards:

Josh Basham (London Irish), Ben Curry (Sale Sharks), Beck Cutting (Worcester Warriors), Ben Earl (Saracens), Joe Heyes (Leicester Tigers), Ted Hill (Worcester Warriors), Dino Lamb (Harlequins), Sam Lewis (Leicester Tigers), Sam Moore (Sale Sharks), Joe Morris (Worcester Warriors), Gabriel Oghre (Wasps), James Scott (Worcester Warriors), Alex Seville (Gloucester), Marcus Street (Exeter Chiefs), Toby Trinder (Northampton Saints), Henry Walker (Gloucester), Tom Willis (Wasps).

Backs

Rory Brand (London Irish), Will Butler (Worcester Warriors), Aaron Chapman (Bristol), Ali Crossdale (Saracens), Fraser Dingwall (Northampton Saints), James Grayson (Northampton Saints), Tom Hardwick (Leicester Tigers), Gabriel Ibitoye (Harlequins), Ben Loader (London Irish), Jordan Olowofela (Leicester Tigers), Tom Parton (London Irish), Tom Seabrook (Gloucester), Joe Snow (Exeter Chiefs), Ben White (Leicester Tigers), Matt Williams (London Irish).

About time Tigers had more than 1 player in a U20 squad.

(Slight smirk at Hardwick over Umaga).

To avoid (fair) accusations of hypocrisy, Rory Brand is probably a Scottish poach.

Latest posts