17. Genge
18. Sinckler
19. Isiekwe
20. Simmonds
21. Robson
22. Slade
23. Solomona

Literally the side I was thinking,

Shame lawes and kruis are crocked because Itoje should, in no way, be rewarded for his performance today. His discipline is on Haskell levels.

When you think of players injured and who can come in honestly I'm a bit hopeful of the RWC.

Find it funny how some online think having Hill on the bench would've changed things not having a lock on the bench didn't cost us FFS...

Mein Take:

Very inconsistent performance. Near to perfect first 15 minutes. Followed by awful discipline and the continuation of some poor habits we've had all year.
Collective inability at the ruck - clearing out, securing, counter rucking and particularly jackalling is inconsistent, and often sub-par.
ESPN says 12 penalties to 4, Jones said 17 to 4 in the post match interview. Either way - you cannot do that against even half-decent opposition.

1. Mako Vunipola - Played pretty well, won two turnovers, never really got his ball carrying game going. 3 pens is too many, harsh YC.
2. Jamie George - Decent game: threw well, made a good number of tackles - 2 penalties. Still not convinced he's as effective at international level.
3. Kyle Sinckler - Again, decent. Scrummaged OK, physical in the loose. Not been in amazing form for Quins - still an upgrade on Dank Hole.
4. Maro Itoje - What's with the ill discipline? Trying too hard? Decent shift, big error allowed Faf to grab a try. Cheeky try himself.
5. Nick Isiekwe - Decent - made 7 tackles in 35 mins, didn't look out of place at all. Harshly crooked.
6. Chris Robshaw - Mr Predictable, decent shift. 2 Penalties.
7. Tom Curry - Nothing flashy, but huge workrate defensively. Would have been nice if could get more pressure on their ball.
8. Billy Vunipola - Very quiet, but all told, it was still reasonably effective. We all know he's not fully fit yet.

9. Ben Youngs - Pretty good.
10. George Ford - Pretty good. Was very sharp in the first 20.
11. Mike Brown - Good at the things he's good at, bad at what he isn't. Scarily slow, took his first try well. I'll be happier when he's not playing though.
12. Owen Farrell - Decent.
13. Henry Slade - Pretty good, all told. One big knock on and an accidental one in a tackle (not much you can do about that, really). Generally effective.
14. Jonny May - Good - nothing new. He's really, really fast. There was some really nerve-wracking running backwards/sideways at one point.
15. Elliot Daly - Good - but his few errors were big ones. Massive PK. Overcooked a couple of kicks - put this down to altitude. Missed the dot-down - it was an error, they happen.

16. LCD - Good. Has the physical aggression we often lack. His last throw was fine IMHO - just a good steal from Snyman - possibly a slow jump by Robshaw, who's 7 inches shorter than RG.
17. Joe Marler - ...
18. Harry Williams - Decent, I like him. Fit, good scrummager and physical.
19. Brad Shields - Pretty good. First start, out of position, only a couple of days with the squad. Very nice contribution to the JM try, not something CR could have done IMO. Couple of nice cleanouts, fast up in the LO.
20. Nathan Hughes - Meh - he's not fully fit. Carried OK, but conceded 2 TO's.
21. Ben Spencer - Did well. Good, fast service.
22. Piers Francis - Didn't do a great deal - made one pass to the ground.
23. Denny Solomona - ...

By far and away our focus needs to be on discipline. I think we need to have someone with more pace in our 11 shirt.
Woodward, Earle... don't mind.

When you think of players injured and who can come in honestly I'm a bit hopeful of the RWC.

Find it funny how some online think having Hill on the bench would've changed things not having a lock on the bench didn't cost us FFS...
Hill is nowhere near an international standard lock

Sinckler really didn't do anything that game, certainly wasn't physical in the loose.
For me highlighted him as a Impact sub, and would rather have Williams start.

Hill is nowhere near an international standard lock
Agreed, I like Skinner though speaking of Exeter locks.
Although I suspect Hill only went due to Spencers injury.

Sinckler really didn't do anything that game, certainly wasn't physical in the loose.

Disagree. No highlight-reel carries or tackles, but he was definitely physical.

Would also point out, that unless the discipline was as a result of altitude... we seemed to be fine on the Highveld.

Agreed, I like Skinner though speaking of Exeter locks.
Although I suspect Hill only went due to Spencers injury.
Yeah I'm a big fan of Skinner, much more physical than Hill and surprisingly powerful for a guy who's not particularly big. A very nice guy by all accounts as well. More of a 6 than a lock though IMO.

3 carries for 2m.

I thought Sinckler was completely anonymous tbh.
For a player known for his physicality, carrying and big hits I didn't see any of it.
Was better in the scrum than I expected though, definitely think he's a better option than Cole, and if Williams continues to impress then it could finally be the end of Dank

He made 3 carries for 2m in what world is that physical.

Ah... so your one of those.

In the way that Dave Ewers can make 5 carries for 5 metres, and be more physical than Jonny May making 100m in one run.

Cole is by some distance England's best TH and will rightly be first choice for the World Cup.

if u disagree ur rong

In the way that Dave Ewers can make 5 carries for 5 metres, and be more physical than Jonny May making 100m in one run.

We talking forwards or backwards here?

I ain't one of those.

Buttttt sinckler did nothing in my eyes and the stats are not telling me otherwise.
With Ewers on the whole I see the impact of his runs and TBH he usually has good defenders beaten stats anyway.

Although looking at the stats not sure why Itoje didn't get the hook, Isiekwe made 7 tackles 1 missed in 30 mins compared to Itoje 8 tackles and 1 missed.....
Honestly Itoje is riding alot on his "name" now, and maybe his wonderful BT sports commercial acting.

Cole is by some distance England's best TH and will rightly be first choice for the World Cup.

if u disagree ur rong
?

He isn't. He should be in the RWC squad but only because we have no one else and we need 3 TH's.
IF he can somehow get back to his best (maybe the rest does him some good who knows) then he would start for me but he is currently way off his best.

Latest posts